collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Years on hooves, also re: Alt Birtflowers...  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Years on hooves, also re: Alt Birtflowers...
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2018, 08:11:02 AM »
My Sand Dollar is stamped 84.

For the Playtime Baby Brothers, Countdown and Waddles are stamped 88 and Racer, Leaper, Paws and Drummer are stamped 87.

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 06:58:58 AM

All 6 of my Peekaboo babies are made in Hong Kong and stamped 87.

Thank you! I really appreciate it (and to everyone who has taken time to upturn their ponies and check their hooves/tails!)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Years on hooves, also re: Alt Birtflowers...
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2018, 01:04:01 AM »
Hi Taffeta,

Whizzer pose is 1985: checked.  :)

I'm pretty sure my Peach Blossom and Forget-me-not flutters were also stamped 1985. But perhaps I got that confused with 1986: small print and all. I will check.

The Mommy of the surprise twins is stamped 1994 HASBRO INTL INC - this is courtesy of ZuluSeashell, who has her. Interestingly (to me at least) there is not country of manufacture.

Cupcake is busy drying, should be ready for her photo shoot this afternoon  :)

So, I checked: Peach Blossom and Forget-me-Not are actually dated 1986 but man that line to make the six not be a five is teeny tiny!

Mommy Pony Feet (pony belongs to ZuluSeashell):

And as promised, Cupcake:
Spoiler
(the lighting on this one is not perfect: does not show how white she actually is, so I can retake if you like)

She has the 'brown-grey' eye liner. I can try to take a photo of her next to SS Cupcake if you like as that may show the difference better

Pre-rehairing buzz-cut look (this is not an original ribbon):

Interesting! I have one photo of my sister's in a similar position to show the mechanism and as you say, she also has no manufacture country (I checked to make sure that they were all like this, and we hadn't discovered another variant or something xD).

I also dug out her card from my backcard pictures and it says she's made in China. Interestingly enough her card is also dated 1993 not 1994.

As you say: interesting! I wonder whether they were finalising the design or how to get the mechanism to work and that delayed them? Or they didn't yet have permission to actually produce the pony in China and went ahead anyway. Or something. It might also explain certain other NC ponies who don't look Spanish at all like Sundance and Bubble Fish (Wriggle Pocket?). Perhaps they were made in China too, but there was a (devious?) reason why 'China' was not stamped upon their hooves.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal