collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 200th episode of FiM. What do you guys wanna see?  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
200th episode of FiM. What do you guys wanna see?
« on: September 11, 2018, 04:58:04 PM »
Sooo, now that season 8 of FiM has been aired and ended in some countries (Thank you, Aus), it's only a matter of time until FiM's 200th episode, which takes place very early on into season 9, which would likely air around April or May 2019. Whaddya guys wanna see, or expect?

I- and many others- have wondered what exactly is in store for this milestone episode. While episode 100, “Slice of Life” paid homage to the fanbase that made g4 what it was, I feel like the 200th should take a page from Greg’s Anatomy’s milestone 300, with paid homage to the original cast members and the ones who got the ball rolling- not just with FiM, but the pony franchise as a whole. Lauren Faust could be given mention as an “Omnicorn” an achieved state of higher alicorn, and one who even Starswirl acknowledges was greater than himself, but who exists between dimensions. Bonnie Zacherle, the creator of g1 could lend her voice to a character and be given an appearance also, along with Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman. Perhaps, rather than the standard 22 minutes, it could be twice the length and also incorporate the perma-return of Sunset Shimmer, for a blend of ‘oldschool and new’.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: 200th episode of FiM. What do you guys wanna see?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 07:16:52 AM »
If they do something silly and 4th wall break-y, they should present it as someone's story in-universe.
Did the leaks from all those times ago have the right s8 predictions? Didn't they have a s9 as well?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 03:00:57 PM »
I'd love to see something like Stargate SG1's 200th episode, where they have to try writing an autobiography or other story and different characters pitch their ideas, preferably presented in different animation styles. And mention some highlights but reanimated of course.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 03:02:35 PM »
I'm not really a fan of FIM, and I'm not going to comment on most of the ideas suggested in the original post. BUT if episode 200 brought in Sunset Shimmer and linked in with her experience in the human world and had her coming back into the pony world for a while to do something I would watch it.

Because I am all about the Sunset Shimmer in G4.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 03:56:09 PM »
I really don't like when cartoons address the fandom in show, Steven universe and Rick and Morty have both done it to some extents (and I'm sure others I don't watch have to) but it's just so awkward. Like just let it be it's own thing not influenced by the fandom. So Slice Of Life was just one long annoying and unnecessary thing to me.

For the 200th episode maybe they could bring back some former writers or have a guest animator to make things more enjoyable. The last few seasons have been so bland and poorly written.

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 05:37:42 PM »
For the 200th episode maybe they could bring back some former writers or have a guest animator to make things more enjoyable. The last few seasons have been so bland and poorly written.
I'd LOVE to see a guest animator.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 01:48:14 AM »
I hated the 100th episode lol.. so I kinda hope they don't attempt something like it again.
That said, I do like the idea of a special guest character voiced by one of the original creators like Bonnie Zacherle :)

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 06:45:20 AM »
I'd like to see some older gen ponies have an episode in FiM.

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 05:26:32 AM »
Opening shot: Close-up of Twilight's map of Equestria. The mane 6 cutie marks are all floating over the map, but something's off... The marks can't seem to focus, they hover over the table irratically. Frantically trying to focus. But nothing changes... Cutie mark chaos, it seems. Except for Pinkie's balloons; not sure what those are trying, but they seem to be merrily bouncing about, oblivious to the unsettling feeling caused by it all.

Wider angle: The mane 6 have assembled around the magical table. Concerned, trying to make sense of it all. Celestia, Luna and Cadance teleport into Twi's throne room. But even to these princesses, the occurence is a mystery.

Bird's eye view of Twilight's throne room: A powerful burst of rainbow colored shimmering light emerges from the map. Taking form. A pony, to be sure, but nothing we've seen before. It is the spirit of the Tree of Harmony taking pony form, again.

Tree of Harmony Pony: "The world of Pony is in danger, Twilight Sparkle. As you know, there exist many alternate versions of our world. And all of these worlds are connected, for we are all Ponies in some form or another, bound by magic and love and friendship. If one of these worlds is in danger, it could mean the end of all of them. Just like you and your friends can ward of the evils that threaten Equestria on your own, so can the ponies of those other realms. But sometimes..."

Pinkie Pie, having caught on: "Interdimensional road trip!"

Tree of Harmony Pony: "Your help is needed in a land beyond this map, beyond time and space."

Twilight Sparkle: "You can of course count on us, Tree!"

Rainbow sparkles fill the throne room, sticking to the mane 6 in particular. Another burst of light...

The mane 6, swirling through a vortex, not unlike the one Twilight experienced when she was taken to Equestria Girls' Canterlot High.

Smash cut to black.

Fade in. They seem to have arrived? Close-up of Applejack, slowly opening her eyes. Blurry image. Her eyes come into focus, and she sees.... Applejack?! A pony. Applejack pony. But she looks quite different... Same colors, same symbol, but still so different.

Applejack: "What the hay...?"

Other Applejack: "...Apple sauce anyone?"

The mane 6 compose themselves, shake off the interdimensional transportation haze, and gasp in awe...

CUE THEME SONG

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 05:33:57 AM »
If you're going to go that far, you could go the whole hog and have G4 Applejack wake up in G1 world in G1 Applejack's body and the others have to find her and get her back...while G1 Applejack is in G4 Applejack's body...and accidentally trashing the farm by tripping over gates and falling into trenches....

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 06:09:54 AM »
I really like both of these ideas. :)

If you're going to go that far, you could go the whole hog and have G4 Applejack wake up in G1 world in G1 Applejack's body and the others have to find her and get her back...while G1 Applejack is in G4 Applejack's body...and accidentally trashing the farm by tripping over gates and falling into trenches....

Twilight Sparkle stops by and notices all the broken stuff at the farm...

Twilight: “Applejack, what happened?”

G1 Applejack In G4 Applejack’s Body  stares at Twilight surprised to see how different the ponies in this world look.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 02:19:50 PM »
I want them to do something that isn't 4th Wall breaking for once. The 100th episode is one of the worst for me because it's like looking at someone else's in-jokes for 20 minutes. Extremely unfunny.

That would only interest me if it gave me the 3 Spikes rap battle :lol:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 02:27:44 PM »
I really like both of these ideas. :)

Twilight Sparkle stops by and notices all the broken stuff at the farm...

Twilight: “Applejack, what happened?”

G1 Applejack In G4 Applejack’s Body  stares at Twilight surprised to see how different the ponies in this world look.

Ponyfan

If you really wanted to go even further, they could spoof off Rescue at Midnight Castle. Instead of G1 AJ falling in the sea and needing rescuing by the Sea Ponies, if they've switched places, imagine the trouble/help? G4 AJ and her forthright persona might make to resolving that particular crisis?

Maybe instead of the Rainbow of Light, it needs the Elements of Harmony...

Unfortunately RaMC predates some of the base ponies for the Mane 6 in G1, but if you're breaking all the rules, especially considering that they're big about this anniversary, it would be a nice touch to merge ideas from the very first pony animation with the most recent.

And so long as they don't start having the G4 ponies trying to teach the G1 characters how magical friendship is mane 6 style, it might actually be fun :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2018, 07:14:15 AM »
I picture G4 Applejack wondering why the other ponies are crossing a broken bridge in the first place and trying to fix it before anyone falls in to the water.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline TJgamer

• Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2018, 07:45:54 AM »
I'm good with a lot of these highly suggested ideas.   ^.^
Not only bring Sunset Shimmer back, but have a lot of crossover between the people of the human world exploring Equestria as ponies and the ponies of Equestria checking out the human world. Though granted we are getting an EqG special that may give us something similar in the form of Sci-Twi, Sunset, and human Dash (at least) crossing over.
I'm also fully on board with our heroes traveling back to the first generation. Though I wonder if we could have them encounter all the past generations. It'd be amazing to see G2 given the TV show treatment for the first time.  :lol:
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal