collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MGA taking the poop trend to the next level  (Read 11649 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MGA taking the poop trend to the next level
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2018, 02:28:37 AM »
Play doh made a thing where you could mould brown play doh into poop, and add yellow play doh into it. Gross
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2018, 02:36:55 PM »
When I read threads like this, about toys like this, I realise that I am officially 'old'.

I had slime as a kid (gak...I remember it was called gak, at least among my peers) but slime and poop are not the same thing. I do remember round the bend on TV and a disturbing level of toilet related humour in the sewers in that show...so it was there, but that was as much as I remember. Oh, there was also Mr Hankey. But I guess that's a slightly older target audience.

All this poop stuff is...yeah.

I am wondering whether this is all because in Japan the word for poop (unko) can also be written with the characters meaning 'lucky child' or 'lucky item' and so poop emoji happened and yeah. I saw a 'golden poop' at a Japanese fair once (obv. not a real poop, lol).

I don't like drink and wet babies or any kind of doll that does baby things because you know, aside trying to force little girls to emulate the breeding model and baby caretaker idea from way too early an age, it's just  not logical to want a toy that does those things when you can have one at that age that doesn't. But this is...just...no.

I am not squeamish. But that's vile.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »
I don't like drink and wet babies or any kind of doll that does baby things because you know, aside trying to force little girls to emulate the breeding model and baby caretaker idea from way too early an age, it's just  not logical to want a toy that does those things when you can have one at that age that doesn't. But this is...just...no.

Amen. :lovey:

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2018, 03:26:13 PM »

I think there's nothing wrong with teaching kids of all genders to be nurturing. It's just wrong when all the nurturing expectations fall on one gender and not the other. Even if someone never chooses to be a parent they might have relatives with small humans or choose to take in an animal companion. The Grumblies I find more disturbing because its basically encouraging animal abuse.

https://youtu.be/86qoEAGuqEI

Well this just confirms that the problem some youtubers had was from not following the instructions exactly. I'm still not sure if it was smart to make something aimed at kids so complicated and prone to user error. But hey at least they seem easy to clean inside.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2018, 03:29:32 PM »

I think there's nothing wrong with teaching kids of all genders to be nurturing. It's just wrong when all the nurturing expectations fall on one gender and not the other.

Which was sort of the point I was making...

I agree with you with the Grumblies though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2018, 03:39:20 PM »
Now I've got another problem with this brand: as far, I've seen vids with the only same two but never saw the two other one ONCE. Did they really sell 4 of them, or is it only 2 in reality?  :biggrin:

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2018, 04:03:59 PM »
There’s also a game called “Don’t Step In It!” where the object of the game is to avoid stepping on piles of fake poop. I actually don’t understand why pooping/poop related toys are so popular. 
Ponyfan

There's another game where you flush a toilet and every so often it will shoot water into your face and another game where you flush a toilet and a poop will randomly shoot into the air and you're supposed to catch it.  If you catch it in mid-air it's double points.  I just... :shocked:

I had to look up that flush a toilet and catch the fake poop game. That is really disgusting to me :drunk: I’m actually okay with the one that just sprays water.

I also don’t really like the poop tend. I don’t see how a smiling poop emoji is cute even when it’s rainbow unicorn poop. It just doesn’t appeal to me.

I still think the most bizarre thing about these unicorn dolls is you feed them and then play with the poop/slime they make.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2018, 02:09:21 AM »

I think there's nothing wrong with teaching kids of all genders to be nurturing. It's just wrong when all the nurturing expectations fall on one gender and not the other.

Well the answer to that issue isn't to stop making nurturing toys for girls but to make more for boys. Hasbro has actually made some steps in that direction since there are several Baby Alive dolls that have the option to say "daddy" as well as "mommy.

Now I've got another problem with this brand: as far, I've seen vids with the only same two but never saw the two other one ONCE. Did they really sell 4 of them, or is it only 2 in reality?  :biggrin:

The other 2 are wave 2. That's why there's only the first 2 on the front. The other ones will come in a purple package that has the other 2 on the front.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2018, 09:58:57 AM »
There’s also a game called “Don’t Step In It!” where the object of the game is to avoid stepping on piles of fake poop. I actually don’t understand why pooping/poop related toys are so popular. 
Ponyfan

There's another game where you flush a toilet and every so often it will shoot water into your face and another game where you flush a toilet and a poop will randomly shoot into the air and you're supposed to catch it.  If you catch it in mid-air it's double points.  I just... :shocked:

I had to look up that flush a toilet and catch the fake poop game. That is really disgusting to me :drunk: I’m actually okay with the one that just sprays water.

I also don’t really like the poop tend. I don’t see how a smiling poop emoji is cute even when it’s rainbow unicorn poop. It just doesn’t appeal to me.

I still think the most bizarre thing about these unicorn dolls is you feed them and then play with the poop/slime they make.

Ponyfan

Ewww-  okay maybe this isn't such a good idea for kids.  Are parents okay with giving their kids toys that encourages them to play with feces? Yuck. Also, biohazard.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2018, 12:34:56 PM »
Eeeyaa... gross.  While I do see a lot of squishy toys made to look like the poop emoji in rainbow colors, they don't really look much like poop. So somewhat tolerable.  But now it's slimy??  Ugh. 

Somehow, I don't think older kids are as enthralled with the real thing.  :blink:  I wish they were because I'd be happy to let the neighbor kids clean out the litterbox or follow my dog on walks.  But with pretend poop, they like the idea of getting a reaction and the little bit of control that gives them.  That's my theory anyway.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2018, 12:29:31 PM »

Well the answer to that issue isn't to stop making nurturing toys for girls but to make more for boys. Hasbro has actually made some steps in that direction since there are several Baby Alive dolls that have the option to say "daddy" as well as "mommy.

I think the start point is to change attitudes first, because girls will still be bought baby dolls and you will still see them encouraged to push around prams and pushchairs more than boys because of the gender expectations. I actually think toys that encourage kids to nurture but which don't emulate real life parenting duties would be better for young kids...I think they should learn to care about people, animals and wildlife/nature in general. Not just how to change a fake nappy and push a plastic person around recklessly. Not that I would stop kids who want to play with those things. I just think more needs to be done than just providing dolls and pushchairs. Empathy, compassion and the instinct to take care of something doesn't start and end with the human race, nor should it be used as it currently is to subtly reinforce gender roles from a young age.

I remember when turtles were out, there were stories of kids going to the sewer to hunt for them, and an uptake in the number of turtles bought as pets and then discarded when the fad ended. It's not a complete unknown for kids encouraged to take an interest in something because it's 'funny' to take it too far, especially when the toy companies are pushing it so hard.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2018, 02:38:02 AM »
I remember the Turtle craze, it's just like people were going barmy for owls because of Harry Potter, they didn't know how to take care of them so they ended up releasing them into the wild.

Anyone remember gooey Louie where you had to pick snot from his nose and if you pick the wrong one his brain pops out.

And that Doogie Dodo game that was horrible as well.

On holiday I saw people selling fake poop.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2018, 02:51:52 PM »
Seeing the answers in this thread... what if we suddenly got new G1 replicas with a poop gimmick instead of scented? :lol: Would you still buy them?
Like a pooping Mimic. Press her bum and brown slime shoots out. Come on, Hasbro! Hop on the trend!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:53:53 PM by Zapper »

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2018, 08:26:44 PM »
Seeing the answers in this thread... what if we suddenly got new G1 replicas with a poop gimmick instead of scented? :lol: Would you still buy them?
Like a pooping Mimic. Press her bum and brown slime shoots out. Come on, Hasbro! Hop on the trend!

Not brown slime! At least the Poopsie slime is different colors and doesn't resemble poop at all.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2018, 09:06:00 AM »

Not brown slime! At least the Poopsie slime is different colors and doesn't resemble poop at all.

Green glitter slime then. Lime flavored.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal