collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MGA taking the poop trend to the next level  (Read 11681 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: MGA taking the poop trend to the next level
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2018, 03:09:51 PM »
I do have to wonder if these unicorns have a risk of growing mold inside them over time given you're supposed to put water inside of them....
Oh, for sure. Think Sophie the Giraffe. Yikes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2018, 03:39:37 PM »
Sounds like somethin' really good for the environnement... chemicals and glitter, all perfect, really... and it's going to end up in actual toilets or garbage bin... :cry:. Made me angry >_<
This is disgusting.
This does make me wonder what happens to slime after it's all done with. I doubt it'll have lasting collectors value, although that's not really the goal.

Well given the ooze slime forTMNT, and the slime for the he man play sets, they will dry up and shrivel in time, even if never opened.

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2018, 03:52:43 PM »
Well yes maybe. But I'm still under concern on certains things that are made to play and will finish in the nature. Sorry if it feels off the topic!
Edit: found an unboxing video and I'm not concerned about over-packaging.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 04:15:18 PM by ColdRuru »

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2018, 09:49:39 PM »
I'm disturbed by the term "potty play".

I've never found bodily functions amusing or cute. Maybe interesting in a scientific way, like looking at stuff under a microscope or how stuff is actually made by the body. I don't get the fascination? Well, it IS a kids toy but even as one myself I wouldn't have gravitated toward anything like this. I did like regular slime though! I had the big skull playset from He-man and loved it!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 12:31:52 AM »

As a kid we had that slime in a cup that would make fart noises when you pushed it around. We thought that was hilarious!
But I agree the ~trendy slang they came up with for this toyline is kinda disturbing for lack of a better word. Like "turdz of paradise" or "poo-l party". It makes me think of these unicorns actually playing and swimming in crap.
I also see MGAE is still going with the cool "z instead of s".

I have no issue with advertising gross stuff to girls. But I saw an imagine of a brown poop milkshake and gagged irl.
There are also poo piles decorated with strawberries and cream. I simply draw the line at making poo look delicious :lol:

If my non-existing child wanted one of these I'd look away whenever it was in use. I watched an unboxing (I follow Honeyhearts C on youtube) and could barely make it halfway through. I'm the same with Grossery Gang. You mix food with crap and I'm out.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2018, 09:11:53 AM »

As a kid we had that slime in a cup that would make fart noises when you pushed it around. We thought that was hilarious!
But I agree the ~trendy slang they came up with for this toyline is kinda disturbing for lack of a better word. Like "turdz of paradise" or "poo-l party". It makes me think of these unicorns actually playing and swimming in crap.
I also see MGAE is still going with the cool "z instead of s".

I have no issue with advertising gross stuff to girls. But I saw an imagine of a brown poop milkshake and gagged irl.
There are also poo piles decorated with strawberries and cream. I simply draw the line at making poo look delicious :lol:

If my non-existing child wanted one of these I'd look away whenever it was in use. I watched an unboxing (I follow Honeyhearts C on youtube) and could barely make it halfway through. I'm the same with Grossery Gang. You mix food with crap and I'm out.

I'm actually fine with these because they lean more towards cute than gross. It's hard to explain but it's the difference between these and something like Poopeez which I cannot stand.

Grossery Gang usually doesn't include any poop except maybe in the names.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2018, 10:26:24 PM »
I noticed they have one that's a pug. Well, if I want that I can just go downstairs. :lol: Pugsly's totally got that covered.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 11:13:56 PM »
Euugh... no thanks!
I'm amazed at some of the toylines that crop up  :lol: who thinks these things up?

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2018, 08:02:24 AM »
There’s also a game called “Don’t Step In It!” where the object of the game is to avoid stepping on piles of fake poop. I actually don’t understand why pooping/poop related toys are so popular. 

I also wonder how long/how many times the unicorn can make slime before the packets run out and the unicorn dolls don’t get played with since popping slime is their main selling point.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »
Wow.

Well, defecating dolls (and now ponies) has been a popular thing for kids for time immemorial- so it isn't really surprising.  Plus kids just think poop jokes are SOOO funny.  So, yeah. I see why they are doing it...

I wish the pieces were bigger I'd get them for my son who is starting potty training soon... but the pieces look really small. He'd probably try to eat the fake candy knowing him...

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »
LOL surprise dolls, but with slime. I’m not sure how I feel about this, but it doesn’t feel good. I understand the appeal of baby alive kind of defecating dolls, since the selling point is that the toy behaves like a baby. But this? Eh.... I think I’ll pass.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2018, 11:07:11 AM »
Honestly, I didn't even realise that poo was a trend until I saw this thread, then went out to the shops yesterday and bam! there's a coffee mug with a glittery poo on it. This experience has certainly been... educational? :blink: These dolls are somewhat unsettling, to be honest, but if other people enjoy them then that's fine... just so long as they keep them away from me. That said, I do think puking unicorns are funny so I literally do not have a leg to stand on. :drunk:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2018, 01:22:28 PM »
There’s also a game called “Don’t Step In It!” where the object of the game is to avoid stepping on piles of fake poop. I actually don’t understand why pooping/poop related toys are so popular. 
Ponyfan

There's another game where you flush a toilet and every so often it will shoot water into your face and another game where you flush a toilet and a poop will randomly shoot into the air and you're supposed to catch it.  If you catch it in mid-air it's double points.  I just... :shocked:

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2018, 06:52:03 PM »
oh my god I have been wanting one of those poopsie unicorns for so long now! the stores here never have them, and at $50 I dont know if I can justify....hoping to find one (just the unicorn) at thrift or something
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2018, 01:40:24 AM »
Reading people's comments in this very thread, I don't think these unicorns make good hand-me-downs. I strongly support second-hand stuff but some things... are better when bought new, if you know what i mean

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal