collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you regret buying?  (Read 6041 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you regret buying?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2018, 06:43:32 AM »
I've never regretted buying a pony, but I've regretted paying too much for said ponies.  It's one of Murphy's Laws though, isn't it?  No matter how long or hard you shop for an item, as soon as you buy it you'll find it on sale somewhere else for a better price. Happens more often than not, I'm afraid!

:lmao: I know, I hate that!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2018, 07:24:12 AM »
I've never regretted buying a pony, but I've regretted paying too much for said ponies.  It's one of Murphy's Laws though, isn't it?  No matter how long or hard you shop for an item, as soon as you buy it you'll find it on sale somewhere else for a better price. Happens more often than not, I'm afraid!

Same here. A few weeks back I ordered All About Tempest from a third party seller on Amazon for $11 or so (before tax/shipping so the total was more), because we had all given up hope that Wave 4 would be appearing in the US. Now of course in the last week Wave 4 is starting to appear throughout the country. :pout:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2018, 02:01:54 PM »
When I pick up a G3 at the carboot sale then realise I have it already.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ThePoneZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Boop the Ice Crystal! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2018, 08:39:11 PM »
It wasn't me who bought it, but I regret that my friend payed $30 USD for the Pony Bride he bought me for Christmas last year. She had beautifully styled hair (which got partially ruined during shipping) and not a single blemish on her vinyl, but she has a bent front leg, so like.. yeah.

I still love her, regardless, but man, he could've gotten one for way less than $30 + shipping.
I don't get to buy ponies often, but I cherish them when I do :lovey:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2018, 09:42:14 PM »
     While I don’t regret buying any ponies, as I love everybody in my herd, I do regret buying more than I have the space for. Everybody is like a sardine can on the shelves... and all my g4 are in the basement,in a box...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2018, 10:19:09 PM »
The only one I can think of right now is the SS Gusty I bought on Etsy. I felt she was a little over priced but she looked really nice in the photos. When she arrived, turns out she was super duper yellowed. Her flocking was thick and plush and it's not the same after washing. Then it took a year of sunfading to get her to an acceptable almost white. I do love her and wouldn't get rid of her but her condition was pretty disappointing and she took a lot of work to get her into decent shape.

Otherwise it's all the ones I bought on ebay for ok prices plus shipping and then found a week later at the thrift store for $2. That's always annoying. 

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 10:35:37 PM »
I regret buying the styling pony Twilight Sparkle.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2018, 11:35:52 PM »
The only ones I really regret are the Rainbow Power tinsel hair G4s. They are great ponies but the Friendship Festival box set rendered them obsolete. How was I supposed to know there would be a new improved set with leg glitter and new poses?

I'm also sorta feeling it about the Mane 6 pearly ponies since learning about the Best Gift Ever sets but I can at least save those for new character customs.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:41:50 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2018, 06:15:44 AM »
Yes, I do regret some Ponies I bought online locally. Somehow, the local BST site in Norway has understood that Ponies might fetch good money. They put them up for sale for much more than they are worth ( i.e. Posey for 20$). They have no clue though, so they sell them for high prises even though they are dirty, and have markings or hair cuts. I did buy a lot with white Tootsie, pale Powder and Pinwheel. I specifically asked the seller if there was any flaws on them, and she ensured me that they were just dirty. When they arrive Pinwheel has lots of glitter loss on her symbols, which I could forgive- but Powder was missing a piece of her horn. That is a huge flaw and Even someone who doesn’t know anything about ponies should have noticed it!!

I was bummed, but luckily white Tootsie was in nice shape ;) I don’t buy from that site anymore though. It is just super annoying to see all those baity Ponies for 20-30$.
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2018, 09:01:50 AM »
I regret buying my first Lira Heartstrings. I had to chuck her actually. Right out of the package she had this horrible, poisonous, chemical smell. Wth are you doing over there Hasbroken?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2018, 09:07:06 AM »
All my mint in box G3s...they take up so much space and I have them all loose as well.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2018, 04:30:50 PM »
I regret picking up some g3.5 and g4 ponies at goodwill. They are a mess and I haven’t taken the time to untangle their hair. But, what I regret more is selling ponies that I wish I had kept. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2018, 09:29:34 AM »
hm... I think I regret many of my G4 buys... well they are kinda pricey in Germany and I often think like "How many great G1 ponies I could have bought if I had not bought those 10 G4 ponies I dont even love that much."

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2018, 11:44:07 AM »
During my first few years of collecting, I went through a 'Gotta Catch 'Em All' phase, resulting in me having a couple hundred ponies.

I've sold off most of them over the years, but... like Einhornbaby, I wonder how many of my actual 'wants' I could have purchased with that money. </3
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2018, 05:13:09 PM »

But REALLY -- more than that-- it's all the little $1-5 ponies that I bought because "pony".. I felt like I was drowning in ponies, they were hard to sell, and that just adds up. That bothers me way more.

I hear you on that one...  I have told myself that if I find G1 ponies at the thrift store, unless they are unusual or HTF for that set, I am NOT buying them.  Last week I went into Value Village and there were so many G4s that weren't the core characters!!!! but I remembered how I didn't sell ANY G4 at my yard sale and I do not want those ponies to take up space on my shelves when I get bored of them.  So I hope another collector who appreciates G4 found them. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal