collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you regret buying?  (Read 6037 times)

Offline Cheyennethepony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
Ponies you regret buying?
« on: September 06, 2018, 06:08:45 PM »
Any ponies you regret buying? For me, I'm not too sure...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you regret buying?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 06:22:08 PM »
I had a baity Sweet Stuff I bought, that I regretted. Major mane cut and pvc breakdown. My daughter has her now and wants to send her off to a customizer to turn her into a TE Daddy Berrytown. We're both getting replacements.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 06:41:00 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Cheyennethepony

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 06:29:50 PM »
I had a baity Sweet Stuff I bought, that I regretted. Major main cut and pvc breakdown. My daughter has her now and wants to send her off to a customizer to turn her into a TE Daddy Berrytown. We're both getting replacements.
Okay. Glad you guys are getting replacements.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 07:44:40 PM »
Can't say I have too many, just ponies that ended up being worse off than expected. I picked up a lot that was incredibly mixed in quality, so now I'm stuck with a baity Majesty and don't feel like buying a new one...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 09:04:16 PM »
I regret paying $75 for the SDCC 2010 exclusive graffiti "Pony Power" pony. She's not even the aqua hair variant, regular 'ol purple. Oh well. Still love her!
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 09:12:51 PM »
Big Mac!   I think I dropped him in the parking lot on the way home from Target.  Didn’t even get a chance to debox him.  :mad:

I’ve been so grumbly at myself for that, I can’t even look at him in stores without remembering and walking away annoyed.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline BuckinghamAlice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Lost in a Curious Dream
    • View Profile
    • NovelHeart Pony Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 09:16:53 PM »
August Birthflower.  I'm actually happy to have her (that's my birth month so she was the only one I wanted) but I think I overpaid, because she was my birthday present to myself last year.  One of her symbols had more rubs than I would have liked... I probably should have held out for a price a tad lower.

Thank you to Bekuno and tailrustedtealeaf for the adoptables!
*~More NovelHeart/Pony Tumblr/Instagram~*

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 09:44:05 PM »
I bought a MIB taf baby up up and away. I’ve never wanted to open a pony more in my entire life, so she stayed with me for a week and then she went off to eBay. The market was bad for selling, and I listed her 5 times with a buy it now of $150 OBO. After weeks of sitting on eBay I finally accepted a best offer of $75. I was devestated that she didn’t sell for more since I traded some really great ponies for her and in the end I lost out of $$$. :(

I regret it more now that the market is stable and taf babies prices are fetching good dollars!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 09:50:30 PM »
Mimic.
She was listed as 'no marks or flaws', had ink under her hooves. Got a partial refund but it still bugs me.  :mad:
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 10:20:54 PM »
One small regret! Bought a pony I was pretty excited for, overpriced but I didn't care because I liked the seller and wanted to support them... got her home and found a huge, obvious haircut. >.< Like, it sorta looks like she has one of those feathered Farrah Fawcett haircuts; it's all different lengths, even if technically it still wraps around her neck and looks halfway decent if you don't look closely. I think I paid like $23 for her, and she is NOT a HTF pony. I figured, $23 means I'm paying for a super high quality pony! Nope. :x OH PHEW I went back and I checked cuz I was mad all over again, I paid under $10 for her!! Phew!! Okay I feel better now! :P
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 10:23:33 PM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 01:06:51 AM »
Hmmm, I don't think I could say I've regretted any purchases, but I have been disappointed a few times. Most often because of G4 hair quality- some ponies I've bought have hair that feels awful, which always makes me sad. I still like their colours enough to want to keep them though.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 01:34:18 AM »
Oooo! Me! Me! I regret buying 25th anniversary Windy. Not for the pony herself - she was $6 - but because the seller did not ship to SA and I had to use the reshipping agent. Well, they have introduced a "fantastic new money-saving product"! Hooray! Read: Using the Post Office. It cost me $25 to post that pony (who I have not as yet received), and I did not have a say as to whether or not they used that 'wonderful new product' or the regular boring old run of the mill courier. Which was what I wanted them to do. As it costs the same amount of money and takes 2 weeks. Now I have to wait 3 months. RantRant. I'm still so upset >.<

Guess who will be closing their account once the pony eventually arrives?

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 03:51:02 AM »
I would say my pony regrets fall into 3 categories: I paid too much for the pony by not knowing the values well, the pony I got was different than pictured, and ponies I buy online then soon after find in the wild

I've had several instances where only a few weeks after paying market price for a pony I find one at the thrift store or garage sale haha so I feel like I wasted that 10-20$

Most recently I bought a Dainty Dahlia from someone I've purchased from several times, she isn't the best seller (poor pictures, often priced over market) but sometimes she has decent deals. Anyhow the dainty Dahlia is so rough, hair cut, discolored in several ways, pen mark eyeshadow etc. So I quite wish I hadn't bought her haha...

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 05:20:51 AM »
My second takara.. patience meant I could of gotten another for a fraction of the cost. But I got most of my money back with selling her (and replaced her with the cheaper one).

But REALLY -- more than that-- it's all the little $1-5 ponies that I bought because "pony".. I felt like I was drowning in ponies, they were hard to sell, and that just adds up. That bothers me way more.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 05:24:06 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2018, 05:57:56 AM »
I've never regretted buying a pony, but I've regretted paying too much for said ponies.  It's one of Murphy's Laws though, isn't it?  No matter how long or hard you shop for an item, as soon as you buy it you'll find it on sale somewhere else for a better price. Happens more often than not, I'm afraid!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal