collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Okay, I would love to know ~your~ mark.  (Read 4615 times)

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
Okay, I would love to know ~your~ mark.
« on: September 06, 2018, 08:53:21 AM »
I really would love to know what's on your mind.

What's your mark? Your butt tattoo, symbol, icon, cutiemark...whatever you may call it...

For instance, my username "Sweet Daes" and is an amalgamation of the first 4 letters of my married surname, which is always mispronounced "days" no matter where I go. I may as well embrace it... HA! And, the "sweet" came after going through related words to "berry". This led to me creating the avatar of my mark, which is the strawberry for "Sweet" and the sun for "Days". This is something that I feel is very unique to me, inspired by the love that I have for my late husband and strawberries, which is a favorite food that we shared. Though I don't know if there is a pony named the same anywhere else. I never bothered to look.

So, think about it a bit... Does your username here on the Arena give way to your mark? Or is your mark something else entirely?
For example, let's say a person's username is Burnished Elm, but their "mark" is a paper and quill because they are an editor of some sort, and they are very proud of what they do as a career.
Or, "Applejack" is their username, but their applejack is a stylish hat, and the symbol is only a cap. It's also also called the "flat cap", among other names depending on where you are. Perhaps it is a symbol of someone's proud heritage? o:
Maybe your personality, favorite things, favorite season, vacation spot, an object?
Perhaps a term to describe a thing, a scent, a taste; something mystical or elegant?
A hobby, a  profession or texture?

Let your imagination run and be creative. I really want to know what you think!  o:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, I would love to know ~your~ mark.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 09:17:38 AM »
I don't have one...

But I like to imagine my car did -- and that's what represents me here :)

If I had to think of myself... It would be something that combined 林 (and or trees/forest) with sheep and have a mint color.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 09:18:49 AM »
I don't have one...

If I had to think of myself... It would be something that combined 林 (and or trees/forest) with sheep and have a mint color.

oooohh.. I like that idea!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 09:26:51 AM »
I don't have one...

oooohh.. I like that idea!

Haha thanks

Spoiler
It's pretty much where my married name came from/ meaning, what it sounds like / my hobby of needle felting /I love sheep, and a color I can't live without ...

Also I gotta throw a heart in somewhere because I love hearts so much XD

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 09:36:41 AM »
My OC's first versions was a pegasus, so her symbol was a pretty simple black rose, with thorns and sometimes a drop of blood on the petals. Since my biggest upgrade, where my OC is a flutter pony, I made her symbol more "flutter pony-like" and a little bit more joyful because I got less edgy over time. :lol: The thorns became cute lil' hearts.

Spoiler
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 09:53:10 AM »
Based on my ponysona/username Prince Sunbeam, that symbol is the same as regular g1 unicorn sunbeam- the sun! I have always felt a connection to the sun, similar to how many folks (typically women) feel a connection to the moon. I have some innate spiritual connection to the sun, it's replenishing to my soul. Especially as someone who suffers from depression, just going out and standing in the suns light makes me feel more fulfilled.
That along with Sunbeam's color scheme is what brought me to come up with my ponysona Prince Sunbeam.

Before joining the arena, I had made a g4 OC, Solar Mist and that symbol was a collection of neon colored planets with rings. Because who doesnt like outer space! lol So clearly celestial symbols are my thing.
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 10:11:31 AM »
Not really much to mine it is,either the cyber dragon or cyber dark dragon from theyyugioh card game.

Not very original but I like it  :P

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 10:31:49 AM »
An olive branch with a lightning bolt. What does it mean? Am I peaceful? Am I hotheaded? Am I a Greek god? An olympic runner? Who knows what Zapper pony is up to :lol:

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 10:42:22 AM »
My persona is in my avatar. She was created a long time ago, black because I listened much to metal and mostly dressed in black, and pink, well, I still love pink ^^   The symbol is a heart within a heart, with some ornaments, which I guess is because even though I might did look hard on the outside, I was quite a softie on the inside.

It really has no connection at all to my screen name. Its the same name I use almost everywhere online, and not only ponyrelated.
The name itself comes from an old book which said it was another namefor the norse goddess Hel, but I have never seen the connection to her anywhere else. But I do like the name, and have used it for around 20 years now, so it kinda stucked with me :P  Also, all my real name letters is included in it, so its not that far away from the truth :P
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 10:42:34 AM »
Mine is a planet with a wind swirl coming from behind it, wrapping around like a ring, and then continuing on with more swirls.  There are scattered white dots for stars.  Her name is Solar Wind. 

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 11:30:55 AM »
<--- my username has nothing to do with my cutie mark, in fact I keep thinking of changing my username but I never get around to it :-)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 11:43:49 AM »
My username definitely doesn’t fit what my symbol would be.  Mine would be a completely black cloud with red or black rain drops. 

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2018, 11:47:07 AM »
Oooh, I love threads like this! It's always really interesting to see what kind of iconography people are drawn to and the reasons behind that. :D

My symbol would be a crescent moon with an eye held between the two points, as that's what's tattooed on the back of my hand. It's a reference to 'Liebe and Romanze' by Laura Oldfield Ford, one of the characters mentioned has an eye tattooed on their hand and a particular passage really stood out to me, "Then there would be a pause, but I had never known a full stop. In my life, there was always an adjunct, a sequel, a little bit more." I like that as a kind of manifesto for dealing with mental illness, sometimes it gets in the way and there's nothing I can do about it, but it never stops me completely and there's nothing wrong with taking a rest for a while, because I can carry on moving forward when I'm ready.

Spoiler

My username is totally disconnected from my symbol though, it's just a reference to a pun in The Adventures of Parsley that made me laugh a lot more than it should have. Parsley couldn't sleep so Dill ran up to him with a tiny little sheep and said "It's a miniature sheep! One minute yer wide awake, the next minute yer fast asleep!" It cracks me up just thinking about it. :lol:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2018, 12:12:06 PM »
My username is just the state of the most recent pony I had got when I signed up. Tea Leaf is rust-free ATM. :)
I like seahorses? That's about it. I suppose you could make it a representation of how I'm somewhat superficial? Seahorses are cute.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 01:27:33 PM »
I've never thought about that... but I do like the G2 Berrybright symbol a lot.   But I think if I picked that, everyone would point out how my name is the wrong way around.   :lol:

Honestly, I'd love for it to be a pumpkin because I can not wait for fall.  Even if we only get two days of it here, I want fall weather so much.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 01:29:18 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal