Pony Talk > Pony Corral

MN Nightmare Night Meet

(1/7) > >>

Kazzellin:
Hey everyone! Planning is underway for the Nightmare Night meet! The meet date is November 3rd, only a few days after Halloween! :awake:

The Nightmare Night meet is going to be our cross between Halloween and a general fall/harvest meet, so family-friendly costumes are welcome! :silly:

So, what's going on?
Time: 10-5 (set up around 9)
Date: November 03
Host pony: Princess Luna!

Food: Chili dogs! (It was deemed the make-your-own pizza thing wasn't very pot-lucky.) Chili will be available both with and without beans, whichever you prefer. In addition, there will be nachos and cheese. For those who prefer the chili over the 'dogs, bowls will be available. For other food and to volunteer to bring something (even if it's just paper plates), please see Blackfrost's post below. :D

Events:
Events are subject to change, based on the time-line of the planners. Prizes will be chosen first-come-first-serve style from the prize table.

Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Pony!
    The plan is to make the board from the party set human-sized, complete with a set of tails based on the ones from the game. Wall mounted, though, not stand-alone. Kids and Adults welcome, we might make this two divisions depending on how many participants there are. This might include make-your-own-tail fun; we're working out logistics for it. :)

Costume Contest!
    It's Nightmare Night, so costumes are welcome! Please keep costumes child-friendly (and Kaz friendly) - this means no zombies, due to annoying, extreme phobias on my part. Strangely enough, if you want to be a vampiric pony with trails of blood coming from your fangs, I'm fine with that. Just, no zombies (don't ask me to explain my phobia, I don't get it either :yikes: ). There will be two contests: Kids and adults. Just remember - no forcing someone to dress up! If they want to, fine, but if they don't want to, don't make them. We want this to be a fun event. That being said, you can always bring a costume for someone along if you want, just in case they change their mind later (I also encourage not being passive aggressive/shaming if you leave the costume at home and they change their mind about dressing up; I like to think no-one on here would do so, but there are parents like that out there).

Bug Toss
     Throw bugs (might be spiders, but others are scared of them, so we'll be in discussion) at the target to get points! Highest number of points wins! (Might involve either Catnip or Twinkles.)

Bean Bag Toss
     For reals this time! May involve footballs or horseshoes (since I'm pretty sure we can't do an actual horseshoe toss).

Art contest: Make a drawing for the event! Winner chosed by popular vote.

Mini Pumpkin Draw: Want to draw on a little pumpkin? Take it home? Sure! (May or may not be a real pumpkin, will update).

Coloring contest: Color in a pre-made picture at the event; division for kids and adults (cause we all like coloring). Winners chosen by popular vote.

Custom contest: Do you make customs? Make one around the theme of the meet! Winner chosen by popular vote.

Dragon hide and seek: Spike and his friends and pals may be hidden somewhere around the room. Can you find them all? You don't have to move them anywhere, just note on the page where each one is hiding (kind of like a match-word game). This will not be a winner-takes-all event, each player will receive some candy when they turn in their page - the more matches, the more candy you get!

In addition to the above events, we're gong to be playing some movies in the background. In theory, they will be fun ones, like Garfield's Halloween, so won't be terribly scary (not only for the kids present, but because I am a wimp). See Blackfrost for more information.

Who is coming?? :D
Kazzellin
Blackfrost & Peggy
ScarletKitty
(Marla)
Dragonfly
RosierJay

Maybe :huh:
Aurora

Next time? :(
Nimrodel
Bethyvic
Nessa16

Blackfrost:
So once more I'll be running food offerings..can you please the tummies of hungry ponies??

UPDATE:

Marla:  cheese and nachos

Kazzy:  hot dogs, buns, pumpkin bars, and cookies

Blackfrost: chili with and without beans

Strawberry Swirl:
Hm another in Waseca? Neat! Although I’m wondering about if I should go since I got so tired last time (I still wonder why that is, if almost going into a full meltdown was why, or my unusual wake/sleep hours, or what...)

Also idk if people just forget or I haven’t said so but pizza sauce = no. I don’t think anybody is interested in me vomiting lol.  :lmao:

Kazzellin:
No, vomiting would not be fun. Don't worry, Sapphire, we're planning on there being other dishes as well. I recently bought an air fryer, so chicken wings will most likely happen as well. ;)

Worse comes to worse, we can go the route of picking up pre-made crust at the store, and choosing our own sauces as well. It's a bit more messy that way, but we might also be able to serve anyone witha gluten allergy that way. I'll look into options for that tomorrow, if I can. :)

Nimrodel:
Sorry guys, I don't have a free weekend until Jan 12th.  :blink: Unless something falls through, count me out.  We look forward to seeing you all in 2019 hopefully!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version