collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your obscure toy collections?  (Read 9833 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: What are your obscure toy collections?
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2018, 01:40:44 PM »
I live with a Get Along Gang fan... So we have Zipper the cat  and other stuffed friends of his and the caboose. Plus my BFF is obsessed, so she has snot tons of stuff.

I have a small collection of Poochie as well, but it's stored allover the basement, I really should get it organized to take a pic.

Obscure... I have a collection of seaQuest DSV models, those count as toys, right? Just unassembled ha ha ha. One day I'll get my grubby hands on some of the action figures...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2019, 10:10:55 AM »
Hmmm, lets bump again :D

Okay, I don't know if obscure is really the right word, but kinda? I kinda collect prototypes from various 80s doll lines...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
P1010891 by Sarah, on Flickr

The Star Fairies are fairly obscure-  they use the same mold as the Hornby Flower Fairies-  crazily enough, I have the entire collection
Star Fairies by Sarah, on Flickr

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2019, 10:18:28 AM »
Those are cool, Galactica! Prototypes are always special, and I'd not heard (much) of Star fairies or Flower fairies.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2019, 12:05:40 PM »
How did I just notice this thread? XD
I remember Diddl, I think I used to own a plush of him at one point :)

I do collect things other than ponies and while they're not toys, it's more obscure video game merchandise from 90-early 2000's period. I'm pretty proud of my Parappa the Rapper collection. While it's not an obscure game, most merch was sold in Japan when the game was first released so it's a little hard to find here in the UK. I managed to get my hands on the Rodney Fun Collection Comics, PJ Berri plush toy from the late 90's, a 2000's Japanese Um Jammer Lammy keychain and a whole bunch of other stuff- some newer stuff too like the Totaku figurine. I always keep my eye open on eBay for more stuff, it's a great game series and has a range of odd things to collect (there's a toaster out there somewhere XD )

Another collection I have is a Japanese Animation/ PS2 Video Game called Soul Collector in Japan or Gregory Horror Show pretty much everywhere else. I managed to get my hands on the game, series one of the anime (I'm not into anime but I quite enjoy this one, it has the same art style + English voice actors as the game and follows the plot of the game from the players perspective)  which was imported from the US and the official board game. Theres only a few things to collect as the game is pretty obscure. I'm still hunting for the board game miniature figurines I have 2 out of a possible 57 - I think they're a bit easier to collect in the USA and Canada compared to the UK. (Ive actually got my notifications turned on on eBay for the miniatures- I'm determined to get at least 5-10 of them! But still not luck :( )

I have other merchandise from stuff like Psychonauts, Spyro etc but they're not huge collections compared to my Parappa stuff- if I see something for my collection I usually buy it XD

Theres only a few things to collect as the game is pretty obscure. I'm still hunting for the board game miniature figurines I have 2 out of a possible 57 - I think they're a bit easier to collect in the USA and Canada compared to the UK. (Ive actually got my notifications turned on on eBay for the miniatures- I'm determined to get at least 5-10 of them! But still not luck :( )

EDIT: Can you believe it? I managed to purchase all but a few! How weird, just after this post there was an auction for the mini figures! I think I only need 2 or 3 to have the whole set!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 06:01:55 PM by StrawberrySundance »

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2019, 08:17:13 AM »
I've since sold them but I had a small collection of very short lived toyline called Doggie Bag Doggies. I suspect the original artist may have bought them when I put them on ebay several years ago. His website has a ton of obscure toy lines if you want some nostalgia http://www.melbirnkrant.com/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 08:20:46 AM by JazzMatazz »
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2019, 11:24:26 AM »
I've since sold them but I had a small collection of very short lived toyline called Doggie Bag Doggies. I suspect the original artist may have bought them when I put them on ebay several years ago. His website has a ton of obscure toy lines if you want some nostalgia http://www.melbirnkrant.com/

That's kinda cool!  ALso yes his website is pretty neat- I don't recognize any of those obscure lines...

I remember I sold a pile of "Pound Pupppies" once to the artist who created the artwork for them, he wanted all of them- I thought it was so sweet, I sent him everything I had...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:33:45 AM by Galactica »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2019, 11:46:30 AM »
Are Krystal Princess dolls considered an obscure toy line? I bought a few last year and I’m hoping to be able to add more characters eventually. :)

Also I’m a fan of “ Miraculous:The Adventures of Ladybug and Cat Noir” but there doesn’t seem to be merchandise widely available in the US? I know a few years ago Walmart had Ladybug and Cat Noir figures but  they were clearanced a long time ago. :sad:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2019, 03:41:06 PM »
So many toys I've never heard of!

Does anyone have Darling Dinos? I have one and met someone else who had some recently.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2019, 05:43:31 PM »
I casually collect Were Bears!

Does The Land Before Time count as an obscure toy collection? I only know a few collectors these days.

Does anyone have Darling Dinos? I have one and met someone else who had some recently.
I have one somewhere! I also have a small ring figure toy.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2019, 05:57:29 PM »
I casually collect Were Bears!

Does The Land Before Time count as an obscure toy collection? I only know a few collectors these days.

I've seen Land Before Time stuff for sale but haven't known any collectors personally. I know the movie(s) certainly are nostalgic for many people.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2019, 12:43:46 AM »
I just saw new large Getalong Gang plush at Hallmark the other day. I always remember Pammy panda. I have a small collection of Blinky Bill toys my grandma got me when they were on clearance. I even have the schoolhouse play set.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2019, 06:56:28 AM »
I just saw new large Getalong Gang plush at Hallmark the other day. I always remember Pammy panda. I have a small collection of Blinky Bill toys my grandma got me when they were on clearance. I even have the schoolhouse play set.
I loved Blinky Bill!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2019, 08:21:48 AM »

I have one temporarily, and I have a faint memory of seeing them in kindergarten.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal