collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your obscure toy collections?  (Read 9826 times)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
Re: What are your obscure toy collections?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2018, 12:20:18 PM »
I collect old childrens books from 30-40-50-60 and 70’s. I’ve got quite the collection :P

Other than that I am collecting the Sinclair dinosaur family :biggrin: I have the baby, Fran and Charlene. Still missing Earl and (my favourite) Robbie. And the boss of course. I can’t really remember his name...

I also have many of those animal babies who changed color on their diapers when they were in water. Pink for girls and Blue for boys. Those are all from my childhood, but I can’t really remember what they were called....?
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2018, 07:32:30 PM »
Those little flocked dragons are precious Dreamer!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2018, 07:41:59 AM »
do Begoths dolls count as obscure

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2018, 11:39:19 AM »
I collect old childrens books from 30-40-50-60 and 70’s. I’ve got quite the collection :P

Other than that I am collecting the Sinclair dinosaur family :biggrin: I have the baby, Fran and Charlene. Still missing Earl and (my favourite) Robbie. And the boss of course. I can’t really remember his name...

I also have many of those animal babies who changed color on their diapers when they were in water. Pink for girls and Blue for boys. Those are all from my childhood, but I can’t really remember what they were called....?

Same here I have some children's  books  from the late 1800's as well, it is neat to see how perspectives changed.  However I will say art of the 30's is one of my favorites, I love art deco and art neuaveu.

Post Merge: September 09, 2018, 11:41:53 AM

Were the toys these?  http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/magicdiaper-animals.php
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:41:53 AM by invaderhorizongreen »

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2018, 12:14:09 PM »
Oh my gosh, I can't believe someone actually collects Diddl! I have a tiny duffel bag with a picture of him on it, and I used to have all kinds of Diddl school supplies. I still use that duffel bag whenever I go on short trips, because it's just big enough for a single change of clothes and a sketchbook :P

My very favorite toy when I was a kid was a plush dog from a happy meal, which was based on a franchise called The dog: artlist collection. Every now and then I'll find another toy like it in a thrift store, and I just can't help but pick it up. I wasn't planning on starting a happy meal dog collection, but you know how it is... Also, there's apparently a video game based on the same franchise called The dog island. If anyone here happens to own it, let me know :lookround:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2018, 01:47:25 PM »

Oooooh I collect a lot of older kids' books as well!  :D  Well and the 1980's editions of the Baby-sitters Club, I've only got a few left to go to finish the whole set, mysteries included!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2018, 01:20:30 PM »

Were the toys these?  http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/magicdiaper-animals.php

YES! It was exactly those! I’ve all of the 2nd set of baby animals and almost all the Dinos. I also got some trolls I can’t see there. I adore these cuties :inlove: Thanks for finding them :)

And WOW- 1800s childrens book! I would have imploded if I found one  :shocked:

Post Merge: September 11, 2018, 01:22:15 PM

Oooooh I collect a lot of older kids' books as well!  :D  Well and the 1980's editions of the Baby-sitters Club, I've only got a few left to go to finish the whole set, mysteries included!

I love old childrens books! Many of them are beautiful :heart:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 01:22:15 PM by katrine2309 »
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2018, 01:41:30 AM »
Those little flocked dragons are precious Dreamer!

Thank you, LaW! They're my current toy pride and joy  ^.^

Offline Loreofyore

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2018, 02:14:42 PM »

Your animals in diapers, were they these?
http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/magicdiaper-animals.php
Hey anyone else out there have a thing for Wheel Pals or similar in your herd? Like you drive some ponies & friends instead of cars who have wheels in place of legs?

In my herd they are sort of the cyborg/A.I. animal friends if a pony's car breaks down they can do the D.A.Y.R.L. machine-whisperer thing that D.A.Y.R.L. did with the A.T.M. in the vintage movie...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6KfWXZrsuI
As for books how many Whisper the Winged Unicorn people remember the same people at Anitoch making up a mermaid character named Misty that had a few books of her own by the same authors? How many people (besides me) are frustrated that the promised sequel to 'The Happy Ways and Fiery Ways of Fred the Fearless Dragon' has yet to materialize? Cause I really wanted to know about Fred & the Queen of Drowse contest or none.
But I may digress too far into my geekhood...

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2018, 04:28:50 PM »
Old thread but oh well. There's obscure stuff I always grab if I see at thrift shops like Brush a Loves, Playskool GoBot animal Transformers, and Monsuno toys.

And I collect Digimon stuff, but my main interest in Digimon toylines are european plushies by a small company called Jemini - now that's obscure because I haven't heard of Jeminis Digimon plushies even surfacing elsewhere than Finland in good amounts.

If we are allowed to go into anime merchandise with this, then there's also Shinzo Ningen Casshan.

Also back to toys, Biker Mice from Mars action figures I accidentaly started collecting. They're known and popular here but hardly anywhere else. I recently managed to complete a basic set of all the main villains and good guys, but especialy the helmets and Modos basic motorcycle are something I still hunt for in my thrift adventures.

And, of course, last but not least; Then there's my whole Megaman Battle Network merchandise craze. My small but main collection next to ponies. The anime for whatever reasons wasn't aired here so the toys are pretty hard to get for me and I'm settling with only the things I want the most.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2018, 04:44:23 PM »
Hey there's nothing wrong with bumping this thread!  Maybe someone will see something that they need for their collection!  :)  I know I was able to...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2018, 05:00:08 PM »
I'm sure many of us have collected toys that aren't nearly as famous as MLP, at least in our area. If you've ever told someone what you collect, and they gave you a blank stare, mention it here! Please feel free to include pics so we don't have to google it. I might edit in a list im this post to include everything mentioned in here.

Here's my most obscure, at least in the US:
Diddl mouse and friends

Plushies and stationary were sold at Toys R Us for a brief time around 2004ish, shortly after my mom's Danish friend introduced us to Diddl, and I obtained as much as my 9-year-old self could while it was available. Aside from my BFF at the time and my sister, no one I've mentioned it to in the US has recognized it. I've hear that he's rather famous in parts of Europe, like Mickey Mouse.

Aww, I love Diddl! I had a plushie of him and a sheep, and a bunch of school-type supplies. He was popular in Germany (or at least the little southern town my sister lived in) in the 1990s.

I guess my obscure collection is that I've collected Strawberry Shortcake dolls from Peru- (and Brazil).  I guess Strawberry Shortcake is hardly obscure, but the dolls from Peru are really different...
brazils n perus by Sarah, on Flickr

I used to have the complete collection for Tenko and the Guardians of the Magic, but I finally did sell that...

Your collection is so pretty!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:06:25 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2018, 08:07:08 PM »
Cinnamononions mentioned GoBots! I got one of those recently. It's more interesting that modern plastic McD's Transformers toys, even if it was the toy that was the worst disappointment to get as a kid if you wanted a Transformer.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2018, 02:19:16 AM »
Cinnamononions mentioned GoBots! I got one of those recently. It's more interesting that modern plastic McD's Transformers toys, even if it was the toy that was the worst disappointment to get as a kid if you wanted a Transformer.

I have to disagree because a GoBot Cheetor was my most well loved Transformers toy as a kid haha. It was simple enough and it was A ROBOT CHEETAH, what else could a child like me have asked for.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2018, 12:45:05 PM »
I once had a few wuzzles plush they were not very popular or well known disney line. I had an elroo twice but lost both of them and have not seen any sense.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal