collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Childhood Wants  (Read 5561 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood Wants
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2018, 12:48:13 AM »
I was allowed to have my two most favorite ponies at the time, Princess Sparkle/Gloria - the one that was glitter all over and had a crown gimmick. And the yellow pony with the sun symbol and blue hair that came in a beach playset.
I played with these two all the time but managed to keep them flawfree with silky hair because they were so special to me.
They never went into the bath tub  :lol:
I also played with beach pony when at the beach. It made sense.

I did want something else I never got. The Baby Sinclair doll drom Jim Henson's Dinosaurs. My parents were freaked out by it and wouldn't allow it to enter our house.

As a guy, I had my ponies taken away from me as a child because they were girl's toys.  I remember visiting to toy aisle and pining away after ponies such as so soft Fifi and Hippity.

Wait. Taken away as in your parents took the boxes out of your hands? Or taken away as in you got the ponies but later on your parents decided to take them away?

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2018, 02:48:45 AM »
Princess Sparkle was my childhood want, too! But I never got her, and still haven't added her to my collection - I'm kinda dreaming of getting her MIB one day, even though I don't collect MIBs otherwise.

Other than that I don't remember any specific wants - I really wanted a pegaus or unicorn pony, as all me and my sister had were earth ponies. And a building of some sort would have been super cool! But we did have this amazing Barbie house, which made up for the lack of a pony building. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2018, 03:29:26 AM »
Princess Sparkle was my childhood want, too! But I never got her, and still haven't added her to my collection - I'm kinda dreaming of getting her MIB one day, even though I don't collect MIBs otherwise.

I wanted Sparkle a lot as a kid too. And she was too expensive when she came out for my meagre pocket money. I mean, £10 was a lot of money in 1993 for a ten year old, right? But then we had this big toy store who had cheaper prices open and one of the things they had were loads of Princess Sparkle - but in French boxes. She was only £5 there, though. So I got her. Weird pony. No idea now why I wanted her so much then, but I love her French box and name, Lumiere.

I still have her box from childhood, but somehow I've also acquired an English box and I don't really know how I managed that O.o. I remember her name is Gloria in Germany, because another pony I got at this same kind of time was Birthday Pony from the same store - in a german box with a German insert! We had a lot of German packaged ponies show up here at the end of the line...I remember being kind of confused and kind of fascinated by it.

Birthday Pony is still Geburtstags-Pony to me, or Juli for everyday (because I bought her in July, and well, German for July.) I was really geeky at ten about wanting to speak French and German, so these two ponies made me much happier for their foreign boxes than I think they would have in English ;)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2018, 05:57:38 AM »
One of my friends had a few of the Merry-Go-Round ponies and also Glow 'n Shows which I really loved.  I didn't have my of my own, but I really wanted them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal