collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Childhood Wants  (Read 5559 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Childhood Wants
« on: August 31, 2018, 05:40:28 PM »
Not Grails. Just ones that you can get hold of without much of a hassle that you always wanted. But you can still post them if you like.

Owned:
Brush n Grow-Didnt care which one. I just wanted one. Now I have Curlylocks & Ringlets.
Seashell-I've always had a fascination for the sea and sea themed things.
Steamer-I like trains. I like his colors.
Sundance-She may not be SS but TLS Sundance is still cute. Liked her in the show.
Trucker-I always thought he was a cool pony.
Masquerade-She's such a beautiful pony. Everyone needs one. I liked her in Tambelon a lot.
Sparkler-Pretty colors.
Galaxy-I always thought she had an eerie beauty. Great character too.
Ribbon-Loved her in the show. Her wild colors contrast with her gentle personality. 
Baby Moondancer-She's adorable, I love her mom and she kicked Rep in the shin. Way to go Baby Moondancer!
Sunlight-One of my cousins had her. I've always admired her.

Still Need:
Baby Ribbs
Tic-Tac-Toe
Magic Star
Locket
Wind Whistler
Powder
Queen Rosedust
Peach Blossom
Forget-Me-Not
Morning Glory

Grail Childhood Wants:
Star Glow
SS Twilight

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:27:25 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Childhood Wants
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 05:55:17 PM »
HOOOOO BOY, I pined after so many ponies!   I only got ponies for Christmases or birthdays so there were a lot I didn't get!

- Bubbles!  I wanted him (I thought he was a boy) so badly!

- Baby Glory!  She was just so adorable.

- Glory!  Who I assumed was in Moondancer's pose because that's how she was drawn on the backcard. ;)

- Whizzer!  I thought her colors were beautiful.  (Had absolutely no memory of her from MLP & Friends, so no influence there.) 

- Masquerade!  I loved her yellow and green color scheme!  (Again, no memory of her from MLP & Friends . . . Most of my wants are going to be based purely on appearance, ha ha.)  However, I assumed she was in the tip-toe pegasus pose.  To this day I'm a little disappointed she isn't in that pose (except the hard to find Spanish(?) version.)  I also thought she would be able to rearing on her hind legs because she's kind of drawn like that on the backcard.

- All the Year 2 Rainbow ponies except Windy!  I had a friend whose annoying little sister was named Wendy, which prejudiced me against Windy.  But I wanted all the rest of them, ha ha.

- Sea Mist and Whitecap - AKA sea pony Glory and sea pony Moondancer.

Tiny Bubbles (regular version) - This was another want fueled by her backcard picture.

Sea Star - Because of her backcard picture.

- Pretty 'n Pearly Sun Shower - Backcard picture.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 06:02:29 PM »
I remember whenever I played the G2 pony computer game I wanted toys of all of them so bad, especially Ivy. I was a tiny American who was only 1 year old in ‘97 so I didn’t know there actually were!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 06:06:30 PM »
Oh... a challenge.

Ok, I know it’s kind of falling in line, but Mimic was high on my want list as a child.  I loved her pose and green color.  And no, I’m not going to buy her at those prices.   :P   Sorry, child-me.

The rest are listed below:

Medley - bought as an adult
Baby Moondancer - bought as an adult
Baby Glory - still waiting
Baby Cotton Candy - still waiting
Baby Shady - still waiting
Baby Lofty - still waiting
G1 Minty - adult me bought three :P
G1 Bluebell - adult me has two
G1 Snuzzle - bought
NSS Posey - bought
Trickles - still waiting
Up, Up and Away - still waiting

After that, I started losing track of new pony lines.  We moved, and there weren’t any stores nearby that had ponies.  No internet, no catalogs, no fliers and we had a longer commute home after school so no afternoon cartoons.  :(

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 06:06:37 PM »
I bought all the ones I wanted as a kid! :D

But man oh man was I super excited when I got those year 3 unicorns and pegasi as an adult.  Gusty, Skyflier, Powder and Sparkler!  And Surprise especially. I never had any of them, and I wanted them all so direly.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 11:53:59 PM »
I wanted all the ones that I heard in the stories and looked really cool in the comics - Moondancer, Windy, Seashell, Snuzzle, Glory, Medley, Skyflier etc. I knew someone who had some of the pretty flowery ponies like Posey and Blossom and I loved those. I also loved the UK set that my cousin had and it's still my favourite set - Snowflake, Hopscoch, Gypsy, Honeycomb. Later She got some twinkle eyes and I lusted after Galaxy's gorgeous clashy colours.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 12:52:13 AM »
Tbh, as a kid I just wanted *any pony*, so I didn't really have a specific wishlist. Although when g2 came out, I did want the first set of Secret Surprise ponies (and actually got 2 of them), and the wedding playset with Light Heart. Also Sweetberry's kitchen? They'd just released like the first big online toyshop, must've been 98 or 99? and I just scrolled the pony section endlessly. Emphasis on endlessly, because our dial-up connection was SO slow, and my dad had his business from home so a lot of people were calling, so it would disconnect a lot xD

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 08:34:13 AM »
Pretty much most of the ponies I wanted as a kid I didn't get as a kid, either because they were promoted but not sold here, or the distribution in my area meant the one from the set I wanted wasn't available.

In terms of not sold here, Medley and Glory in particular. I wanted a lot of the other unicorns and pegasus ponies too, and the 2nd set of Rainbows, but Medley and Glory were childhood loves that my mother hunted for in vain for years :( Darn you, Hasbro.

In terms of ponies I wanted which were not made - Ribbon, Lofty, and especially Paradise. By which of course I don't mean SS versions, as I never knew about SS as a kid. I am still gutted that Paradise didn't happen.
Songster - but as a pegasus. I did have her. But she didn't have wings :(

In terms of ponies I wanted which were sold here, but I never found or got...

Princess Pearl & Fiery (friend Briony had them :() I had Sapphire and later, a battered Aquamarine 2nd hand.
Nibbles and Dibbles (pretty sure Briony had them, too).
Lightning (favourite Mountain Boy). I had 3 from this set, but not him. I have never seen him MOC and probably never will.
Love Melody - not sure why I wanted her so much, as Strawberry Fair is so much nicer.
Curly Locks. I actually wanted her and Braided Beauty and I did find Braids, but never did see Curly Locks.
Twinkler. I had Sky Rocket, but always wanted Twinkler.
Whizzer - because she was the fastest little pony of them all!
Magic Star - most magical pony in ponyland? Nuff said. The brother of one of my friends had her, though, and I was not happy that she was in that pose...
Glittering Gem. Though now I like Stargleamer more.
Wing Song. But I ended up picking out Tropical Breeze and now like her more, too.

I have all the ponies I wanted as a kid now, because of carboot sales and trading, mostly. A lot of the ponies I wanted as a kid were not really rare or expensive or htf in the bigger sense. Most of the ones sold here in the UK I found very easily even in my area, so I don't know why I never saw them as a kid. The US ones happen to be really common over there, so easy to obtain.

The very first trade I did with someone in the US amounted to essentially 100 ponies each way, when she brought a caseload over for me. I was able to fill in all of those childhood dream gaps (the y2 and 3 unicorns and pegasus ponies and y3 rainbow ponies) in one fell swoop. That was the first time I ever saw Medley in person, or even in anything other than a drawing. Yes, that was a special day indeed :D

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TickleMePink

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 09:42:20 AM »
I wasn´t exposed to any commersials or such as a kid, so the ones I craved were ones I saw at my friends houses or at the toystore.

Childhood grails:
Glory
Surprise & Baby Surprise
The princess ponies
Dream castle
:lovey: Yes to dance beneith the diamond sky with one hand waving free :lovey:
Thanks to Nence for my avatar!
Formerly known as gredelingrrrl

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 09:59:18 AM »
I remember really wanting Medley but she was off shelves by the time I realized I wanted her.  My friend had one, though, of course! 

And of course, I always wanted more ponies, because my friends' parents were wealthy and bought them LOTS of new ponies, whereas I had a small herd and Mom couldn't afford to buy me more.  I had to wait until people were having yard sales and selling them for cheap prices, but often even then we didn't have the cash flow to buy toys. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2018, 10:03:58 AM »
Ooooh yes, that exactly got me into collecting back then XD
"Oh man, I totally wanted Firefly as a kid... maybe I could buy one for my daughter?..." heck yes, but until I got Firefly I stumbled upon sooo many I always wanted tooo :P
So, to name a few, as a kid I totally wanted :

Fizzy!
Firefly
Medley
Moondancer
Posey
Starflower
Moonstone
any of the Big Brothers (well I later got Salty from a fleamarket when I was 11yo)
Honeysuckle
Morning Glory
Rosedust
Majesty
Gusty
Lickety Split

and oh so many more :P

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »
I have managed to track down most of my childhood wants

Like as a child my parents bought Steamer and Barnacle and said I had to pick one and give the other to my friend for his birthday. I picked Steamer but of course I wanted both! :lol: So Barnacle was one of my first purchases as an adult collector!

I'm still looking to complete my happy tail ponies, I had three as a child and always wanted the set. I just need Squeezer and some accessories, but they aren't easily available in the UK. :(
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline BuckinghamAlice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Lost in a Curious Dream
    • View Profile
    • NovelHeart Pony Blog
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 11:44:01 PM »
Since I was kind of the perfect age for ponies between G1 and G2, I didn't really pay much attention to MLP as a kid, unfortunately.  But knowing myself the way I do, if I had known about G2 Queen Sunsparkle as a kid I know she'd have been the one I wanted above all (she did become a grail for me, and I luckily have her now!). 

Thank you to Bekuno and tailrustedtealeaf for the adoptables!
*~More NovelHeart/Pony Tumblr/Instagram~*

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 11:51:31 PM »
I don't remember a lot of specifics, but there was this one pony my friend had - Prom Queen Daisy Dancer. I didn't know her name at the time, but I knew she had soft, fluffy ringlets of hair, and this perfect fluffy neck-ruff, and a beautiful, elegant violin on her hip! I thought she was the most beautiful pony, so elegant and dainty! I envied my friend so much! I had other Sweetheart Sister ponies myself, but somehow Daisy Dancer seemed head and shoulders above them all.

I'm sure there were others I wanted, but she's the one who sticks out very strongly to me! I'm still looking for those Prom Queen skirts, something about them just really speaks to me! ;)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2018, 05:10:11 AM »
As a guy, I had my ponies taken away from me as a child because they were girl's toys.  I remember visiting to toy aisle and pining away after ponies such as so soft Fifi and Hippity.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal