collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Repair?  (Read 1032 times)

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
Pony Repair?
« on: August 31, 2018, 11:11:00 AM »
Hi guys. I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right forum.  I’m looking for someone who does repairs on damaged ponies. If this is the wrong forum, please let me know. I have a NM Baby Splosh who had a run in with my dog and the bottom of one of her hooves was chewed off. I will post a picture of her. If anyone is interested in the repair, let me know. Thank you!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Dreamchaser

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Repair?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 03:38:52 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who can repair this. The only thing I may suggest (hopefully someone can verify) is to buy some epoxy sculpt and mix a color to match the pony. You might be able to fill in the hoof to make it less noticeable.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 11:55:36 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who can repair this. The only thing I may suggest (hopefully someone can verify) is to buy some epoxy sculpt and mix a color to match the pony. You might be able to fill in the hoof to make it less noticeable.

Well, I think 'repair' is a tricky verb to use here; will she be exactly like she was before? No, because ponies are made of blown plastic, and you can't really re-create that without creating a whole new pony in a factory, I think! But I think if you mixed some apoxie and sculpted her a new hoof, you could sand down/trim the jagged edges to make it flush, and paint the new limb to a very close match. To the trained eye, there will likely always be a seam where the plastic ends and the epoxie/clay begins; but on display, from a few feet away, it could be made to look very close to original. :)

I'm not practiced in this kind of repair, but I know some people are, and hopefully one of them who is open for commissions will see this! Best of luck, BethyVic! I'm so sorry about your pony!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 04:02:10 PM »
I should have been more specific. I didnt mean I expected she could be fixed. I was hoping she could be somewhat restored so that she could be displayed better. So I’m looking for a commission with someone who can restore her. Thank you.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 02:06:12 PM »
Repairing that isn't too difficult, the hard part is colour matching the paint to the body >_<

You can very easily fill and resculpt the chewed hoof with Apoxi-Sculp :)

Love pkw
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal