collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Pony heads not on tight?  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
35th Anniversary Pony heads not on tight?
« on: August 29, 2018, 05:47:05 PM »
So I've been wanting more of The Bridge Direct's G1 Ponies (don't we all!), but whenever I see them at Target now, every single one of them looks like the heads are loose. I'm so disappointed and baffled. They're still on Wave 1 around here. The very first run was just fine and my Minty has a perfectly glued-down head. But these other runs of the first wave really look terrible. Target had THREE SETS and every single one of them appeared to have an unglued head! Are they getting sloppy with the first wave because of moving on to other waves? Are my Targets just getting bad batches? I saw the Pretty Parlor and didn't even know whether to try buying it when I couldn't see what Peachy looked like inside.

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Pony heads not on tight?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 07:00:35 PM »
All six of my rainbows that I opened (not sure about the MIB ones, but I think they'd all be the same) have heads that turn very easily (I wish they were glued on!). My Snuzzle's head is glued on (I didn't open my other collector ponies, but I'm guessing they'd be glued on), but Peachy's head is like all the rainbows and turns easily. I was considering getting a few more collector ponies to open and I would like the heads to be glued on too.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 07:55:38 PM »
The head on my retro Minty turns, I don't think they're glued down.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 08:13:29 PM »
My Peachy's head turns, i actually prefer for their heads to not be attached with glue...

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 08:33:15 PM »
Oh, it didn’t occur to me to think that they should be glued on.  I wonder if that’s why some look crooked or have neck gaps in the box.  It doesn’t bother me otherwise.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 09:10:18 PM »
All six of my 35th anniversary Collector Ponies have their heads glued pretty well. They were the first shipment my local Target ever got back in January, which I had them bring me from the back before they had put them on shelves. I knew Bridge Direct stopped gluing the heads with Wave 2 and the Pretty Parlor onwards, but I guess this means they also stopped doing it with Wave 1 even though they used to?

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 09:55:52 PM »
Yep, I would say this definitely means they stopped doing it for Wave 1. Good to know it's just turning heads and not heads that are going to fall off. I don't like the neck gaps; they make me nervous. But if the heads are firmly attached in spite of being able to turn, I can deal with that.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 10:14:17 PM »
All six of my 35th anniversary Collector Ponies have their heads glued pretty well. They were the first shipment my local Target ever got back in January, which I had them bring me from the back before they had put them on shelves. I knew Bridge Direct stopped gluing the heads with Wave 2 and the Pretty Parlor onwards, but I guess this means they also stopped doing it with Wave 1 even though they used to?

Interesting . . . my retro Minty doesn't have the newer packaging (with the window going around the side) but I did get her just this week so I know she wasn't one of the very first ponies on the shelves.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 10:48:02 PM »
For me, I have found that some of them have a gap while in the package because of how they fit in the plastic, but then once out and pushed on a little they are just fine.

I bought mine back in January so I am going to assume their heads do not turn (still boxed). Interesting that they may have changed that for more releases of the first wave.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:55:49 PM by toyjunky »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 12:35:04 AM »

Interesting . . . my retro Minty doesn't have the newer packaging (with the window going around the side) but I did get her just this week so I know she wasn't one of the very first ponies on the shelves.

That's interesting to me too. The only loose CP I have is Snuzzle and her head doesn't turn. She was sent to me as a gift from a wonderful pony friend here and was my first retro pony - we're going back a few months now, so she had the original style of box. But having read this conversation, I just glanced up at the Butterscotch waiting here on my shelf for me to debox her and her box is one of the new ones with the window around the sides. So I guess that what we're getting on shelves here (at least at John Lewis) are the 2nd editions. It will be interesting when I open her to see if her head moves...

I am keeping my other Butterscotch and my Minty MIB so I will never know about their heads, but they look fine.

I only have 2 loose Rainbow Ponies at the moment. I have no issues whatsoever with Moonstone, but I did notice Parasol has a particularly loose head. It was turning even as I opened her and it still turns really easily. But I don't feel it will fall off. The same is true for my sister's Sunlight, but she doesn't have any head issues with her Skydancer I don't think. So yes for the shy pose. Otherwise no. But not to the extent I feel they'll come off. Just easily turning.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 06:07:43 AM »
My moonstone isn't glued and she looks fine.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 07:26:03 AM »
Further to the above, I deboxed my Butterscotch last night and her head does turn. It looks really cute with it turned slightly to the side, actually. She has no quality control issues, no gap I can see and the head turns smoothly but isn't loose...it holds in the position I have left it and looks fine like that.

So I guess they decided to do this on bringing out the Rainbows and deciding to give them mobile heads too.

For people thinking of buying some of these to customise, I would've thought the turning heads would be easier to remove...?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 07:04:41 PM »
My Snuzzle, Blossom, and Bluebelle all have turnable necks (and Blossom's almost fell off in the package!), but they all seem to be fine. I got them around April if that helps with the timeline

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal