collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Starshine  (Read 6844 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Starshine
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2018, 06:16:09 PM »
I found a nice one today!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But guess what!  She doesn't match my other five rainbows as she's in the new dual language packaging!  Oh well, I'm not that picky, just making note of it.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2018, 07:03:15 PM »
My Starshine is in good condition. She does have a neck gap, but I think that is mostly due to the loose heads. However, she is yellowing -especially the areas that have been “hugging” the plastic. So her head mostly, but also on her back. Her symbols are perfect, though!

Yellowing already?  :shocked:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2018, 08:48:37 PM »
\The 25th anniversary sets were pretty good, not as high quality as the originals granted, but were at least decent.  Hasbro's production quality has declined so much in the last decade or so.

The 35th anniversary ones are waaay better quality than the 25th anniversary ones, LOL.  Their squinty eyes and thin tails just killed me.  Some of the 35th anniversary ones have flaws, but every single one of the 25th anniversary ones had those darn eyes.

Back on topic, I opened my Starshine and her symbols are great.  She has a slight neck-shelf, nothing major.  Not big enough to be considered "a gap."  No stray marks.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Evilunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2018, 07:37:42 AM »
Mine had some brownish stains (that I couldn't see in the box) but they came out with some scrubbing. Still frustrating though.

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2018, 09:05:24 AM »
I haven't had yellowing problems with Starshine, but my first Moonstone has turned into a mess in the month that I've owned her. :( She was fine when I bought her (although a little greener overall than I'd preferred) but she has since developed large patches of yellowing on her head, neck, back, and shoulder. I don't know what the cause is, since she's been in her box the whole time except for one quick comparison shot with original Moonstone, and she hasn't been handled or stored any differently than my other Rainbows who aren't discolored (yet! *gulp*).

I don't know if you can see it very well in this picture, but the yellowed parts of her are nearly as bright green as the grass on the packaging. It's especially bad around her neck and forehead. Here's a comparison picture between her and my new Moonstone who came in the bilingual packaging and is still an even, glas-green color... for now.

I hope it's just a freak occurrence and the retro Rainbows don't have the dreaded discoloration curse that some G1 scented ponies are known to develop.

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2018, 09:17:32 AM »
I haven't had yellowing problems with Starshine, but my first Moonstone has turned into a mess in the month that I've owned her. :( She was fine when I bought her (although a little greener overall than I'd preferred) but she has since developed large patches of yellowing on her head, neck, back, and shoulder. I don't know what the cause is, since she's been in her box the whole time except for one quick comparison shot with original Moonstone, and she hasn't been handled or stored any differently than my other Rainbows who aren't discolored (yet! *gulp*).

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1877/30644396028_eb39c9eaaa_c.jpg

I don't know if you can see it very well in this picture, but the yellowed parts of her are nearly as bright green as the grass on the packaging. It's especially bad around her neck and forehead. Here's a comparison picture between her and my new Moonstone who came in the bilingual packaging and is still an even, glas-green color... for now.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1873/44514241261_f17dd0b3fa_z.jpg

I hope it's just a freak occurrence and the retro Rainbows don't have the dreaded discoloration curse that some G1 scented ponies are known to develop.

I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest. It's likely the chemical that they use to scent the plastic, but that's my guess because I had Strawberry Shortcake dolls from way back when that did similar on the harder plastic spots like the arms that dolls like Lady Lovely Locks and most of my Barbies did not develop.

It's a really rough guess, but a guess nonetheless.

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2018, 09:43:42 AM »
Mine had some brownish stains (that I couldn't see in the box) but they came out with some scrubbing. Still frustrating though.

My Starshine had faint brown stains on the reverse side near the symbol, assuming its a residue related to the glittering process. I didn't try to get them off yet, I am letting her air out in a different room before putting her in my new pony cabinet.

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2018, 05:04:19 PM »
My Starshine was fine, but my Windy had what looked like a dirt smudge on her face.

Offline misskindle

• No Transactions
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • ~Everything must be PINK~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2018, 05:08:23 PM »

My Moonstone is exactly the same! Except it's the whole body that's green while the head is still blue.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2018, 06:51:54 PM »
She's beautiful!

Offline MyLittlePeachy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2018, 02:24:29 PM »
Finally found Starshine today at Target. She was the only one left so I snatched her. Everything looks fine except her head is a lot whiter than her body. Also, all the restocks I’ve seen have been in the bi-lingual boxes with the sticker name tag.  :huh:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2018, 03:47:37 PM »
Well that sounds like a pain in the butt. I mean they're brand new!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2018, 08:20:26 AM »
I still have not seen Starshine. At all, actually. She's the only one we haven't bought, and she's the one that is never on shelf in John Lewis. I have seen all the others I think now...I'm not sure I've seen Moonstone on shelf, actually.

Today I saw a Parasol that fits with the discussion here about discolouration. Again, English only box. She was going yellow around the neckline and on her back. It was really sad to see :( . Unfortunately not really possible to take a photograph in store, but it didn't look that good. I looked at the 2 Skydancers there and both of them looked absolutely beautiful. I wonder if there are just a few bad batches with perfume overkill destabilising the plastic colouring...

I hope they don't scent any other sets.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2018, 01:49:40 PM »
I still have not seen Starshine. At all, actually. She's the only one we haven't bought, and she's the one that is never on shelf in John Lewis. I have seen all the others I think now...I'm not sure I've seen Moonstone on shelf, actually.

Today I saw a Parasol that fits with the discussion here about discolouration. Again, English only box. She was going yellow around the neckline and on her back. It was really sad to see :( . Unfortunately not really possible to take a photograph in store, but it didn't look that good. I looked at the 2 Skydancers there and both of them looked absolutely beautiful. I wonder if there are just a few bad batches with perfume overkill destabilising the plastic colouring...

I hope they don't scent any other sets.

Me too.   :huh:

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2018, 12:30:13 AM »
Even if they are mint when you buy them, they can still get yellow soon after. I had three completely mint ones (Starshine, Parasol and Moonstone) start yellowing. :huh: Will keeping them in darkness help? I'm moving them all to keep in complete darkness instead of displaying them. I feel like the scent is discoloring them so I'm not sure if anything can help. The collector ponies I've had on display for months still look as perfect as the day I got them. I also really hope they don't scent the other sets.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal