collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Worst Case Scenario - What Would You Do?  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Case Scenario - What Would You Do?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 10:51:30 AM »
I haven't got much of a collection to take with me - just four ponies at the moment, quite the clearout happened! I'd probably take Windy, because Posey is an incredibly easy pony to replace and the other two, much as I like them, I could live without.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 11:05:05 AM »
If I had to pick one collectible, I would probably opt to save my portfolio of Sailor Moon cels over any pony. Sorry, ponies! :(

Offline Cheyennethepony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 11:12:30 AM »
To be honest I would probably grab a horse from my Breyer collection instead of a pony. Sorry ponies! I guess I would grab Big Chex To Cash since he was one of the first Breyer Traditionals that I had wanted. But that's just collection wise, my first, first choice would always be my dogs and my parakeet.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 11:31:55 AM »
My childhood Baby Moondancer, probably?

Either her or Concerned Pony.  Not sure if I could bear to leave her, with that face.

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2018, 11:35:57 AM »
._.;;

Probably the unpopular opinion, but I have a lot of mementos from my late husband that I would take before I'd take my ponies.

My mom died in 2015. So obviously, yea, going out on a limb here, as a long time collector I'm sure everyone on this forum would save the memories of our departed loved ones over ponies.

But if we had a fire, I'm pretty sure if my mom was still alive she would help me save my ponies if she could

And technically, a lot of my ponies have a connection to my mom.

So all kidding aside, I don't think anyone would consider your opinion an unpopular opinion. It's more that a lot of us who love MLP also have people we love who have died - I don't know if that's a reason to bring the thread down.

My first two ponies were bought for me by my mother, so, technically a lot of my ponies have more meaning than just bits of plastic on a shelf.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2018, 11:52:46 AM »
Still, I dunno, tbh, ponies are low on my list for an emergency. . .

Yeah I used to be very emotionally attached to my collection but at this point... nope.  They were all manufactured en-masse and there will always be another one I can re-buy, if I had the desire.  I don't own any OOAK Nirvanas or prototypes or anything truly rare, so whatever, I'd rather just have the insurance money.  LOL
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline babypowder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Thanks to Ponyland Press for my adoptable
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »
Actually, I'd take my Twilight Sparkle. She was the first G4 pony I ever had, and the one of the first TS in stores (2010 twilight). Loads of sentimental value to me.
Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks!

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2018, 02:09:43 PM »
._.;;

Probably the unpopular opinion, but I have a lot of mementos from my late husband that I would take before I'd take my ponies.

My mom died in 2015. So obviously, yea, going out on a limb here, as a long time collector I'm sure everyone on this forum would save the memories of our departed loved ones over ponies.

But if we had a fire, I'm pretty sure if my mom was still alive she would help me save my ponies if she could

And technically, a lot of my ponies have a connection to my mom.

So all kidding aside, I don't think anyone would consider your opinion an unpopular opinion. It's more that a lot of us who love MLP also have people we love who have died - I don't know if that's a reason to bring the thread down.

My first two ponies were bought for me by my mother, so, technically a lot of my ponies have more meaning than just bits of plastic on a shelf.

heh...

Even thinking about it in a fantastical sense, I can't see myself saving any part of my pony collection. Maybe I have a disconnect with that idea?

//shrug

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2018, 04:43:03 PM »
I'll just burn with them and move to dream valley

Same here. I'll go down with my ship like the Pony Captain! :lol:

Not really lol, but seriously, my ponies are all extremely sentimental for me for millions of different reasons. But I also have tons of other very sentimental and irreplaceable or VERY hard to replace things. I'd have a hard time letting any of those things go. Obviously it IS just stuff, but it does all mean a hell of a lot to me and I'd really miss it if it were gone. There were some very sentimental things I lost like, a decade ago, that I still pine over occasionally from time to time. Just like, "D: I can't believe that's gone! Ohh I wish I still had that. Sigh."
I know I can live without all of it, but it'd all be seriously missed. My ponies are pretty high up on that list of important things. I've them almost my entire life, since I was 3, and have forever been just adding on to the collection.
Many of them were gifts from people with warm, good memories behind them- family members, old best friends I no longer have contact with anymore, etc. One of them is literally the ONLY thing I have from my grandmother on my father's side. I've only met her once, and that's the only thing I have from her. Most of my G1s were gifted in bulk to me by my aunt, who has always been my favourite and closest family member, and those were her childhood ponies, she loves to see them and how they're doing. They both hold extremely fond and dear memories for us both, and they have many many stories behind them all.
All of them have stories and memories attached and some remind of me of simpler, better times.

I probably have other things I'd try to save before the ponies. But that's a very hard question. I'd miss them all very, very dearly in the end. I always suck at these questions because I'd rather not lose any of my important stuff. ^^;

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2018, 06:47:10 PM »
Maybe I would save my SDCC Muffin pony, that belonged to a dear friend that passed. The pony has a wonky haircut and everything from her :)

Agreeing with the others that say they would prioritize other collections, though! I would probably save a stuffed painted dog I have. She's my night guardian and has slept with me every night. How would I sleep without her around? :P
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 06:50:36 PM by Jocelyn »

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2018, 07:07:00 PM »
Firefly from my childhood collection.  She was never my favorite, but was my first pony, a pony that I purchased with my own allowance money!  It seems the only pony that had left on the shelf was her, so I had no choice but to purchase. 
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal