collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 1554 times)

Offline TravelingTwinkler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • ~ to travel is to live ~
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!
« on: August 27, 2018, 07:15:02 PM »
Hi from Salt Lake City, Utah!

This is a waaay delayed intro post; life did that funny thing it does and threw some fun changes my way. Last year my husband and I accepted jobs in Salt Lake City, UT, so we downsized from a 2-story house in Orlando, FL and took a 36-hour drive with our poodle mix to our new 2-bedroom apartment! Whew. Things have finally settled down enough, so I can get back into attending cons and collecting a few ponies.
:enthralled:

Do you work or attend school? Profession or major?

My BA in English led to a tech writing, content editing at an OTA, and now an account executive at the same OTA.

Who are the important people in your life?

My wonderful husband, mom, and sister. Plus, my aunts and uncles in Puerto Rico. There are also a few amazing best friends from high school and college in far-flung places that I still video chat with often. :heart:

How long have you been collecting?

Formerly collecting, maybe 6 years. Although, my G1 childhood ponies (e.g., Twinkler, Baby North Star, TE Speedy, and TE Tic Tac Toe) have always stayed with me. Every so often I clear out a few ponies and start collecting a different G1 line just to keep things fresh and fun!

Which generations of ponies do you collect?

G1 Twinkle Eye, G1 Glitter, and G1 Rainbow ponies.

What made you want to collect ponies?

My favorite childhood ponies still bring me that sparkly joy I felt as a kid when I see the bright colors. The big move and downsizing forced me to really take a close look at what to keep in my life and what to let go, but the ponies still bring me joy so with me they travelled!

Thank you all for having me.

:-*

-mari
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:21:40 PM by OGTwinkler »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

{ formerly know as OGTwinkler }

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 07:36:41 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! The sets you collect are very nice! Are any of them complete yet? Anyway, I look forward to seeing you around :D

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 07:56:25 AM »
Welcome to the arena! Your profile pic is very cute and bright!
Those are some cute sets that you collect.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 04:01:58 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :) You don't have to have a lot of ponies to enjoy the hobby! :)

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 07:41:17 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! The sets you collect are very nice! Are any of them complete yet? Anyway, I look forward to seeing you around :D

Hi Saff! Thank you for the warm welcome. :heart: My TE G1 Year 4 and 5 is almost complete—Fizzy, Bright Eyes, and maaaaybe Quackers will be within reach. But alas, Mimic probably won't happen for me. Totally okay tho because the rest of the girls are still pretty!

My Rainbow girls are nearly there; just looking for the right Sunlight and Starshine.

What are some of your favs to collect?

—mari

Post Merge: August 28, 2018, 07:45:25 PM

Welcome to the arena! Your profile pic is very cute and bright!
Those are some cute sets that you collect.

Hi tailrustedtealleaf! Thanks so much for the welcome. :heart: Love your avi too—looks like your girl is on a safari through Wonderland! What are some of your fav collecting triumphs? At this early point, I feel like finishing any G1 sets is an achievement.

:happy:

—mari

Post Merge: August 28, 2018, 07:49:26 PM

Welcome to the arena! :) You don't have to have a lot of ponies to enjoy the hobby! :)

Hi achab! You're totally right—I'm juuuust getting back into the swing of things. The pact I've made with myself is to venture up to 5 different G1 lines, tops. We'll see how that goes. What has your collection journey been like so far?

:good:

—mari
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 07:49:26 PM by OGTwinkler »

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 05:13:00 PM »

Hi Saff! Thank you for the warm welcome. :heart: My TE G1 Year 4 and 5 is almost complete—Fizzy, Bright Eyes, and maaaaybe Quackers will be within reach. But alas, Mimic probably won't happen for me. Totally okay tho because the rest of the girls are still pretty!

My Rainbow girls are nearly there; just looking for the right Sunlight and Starshine.

—mari
The TEs are such nice ponies, even if some of them are problematic (I'm looking at you plasticizer oozing Quackers) I'm happy to have a few :) It would be awesome if you could make a brag if you got any more!

I wish I could have a set of German rainbows. Sternenglanz is my all time favorite :heart:

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 05:31:03 PM »

—mari
The TEs are such nice ponies, even if some of them are problematic (I'm looking at you plasticizer oozing Quackers) I'm happy to have a few :) It would be awesome if you could make a brag if you got any more!

I wish I could have a set of German rainbows. Sternenglanz is my all time favorite :heart:

Omigosh I had no idea how pretty a German Starshine is! Thank you for starting me down a whole new rabbit hole of international rainbow ponies.  :frolic:

—mari

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 05:59:55 PM »

—mari

Omigosh I had no idea how pretty a German Starshine is! Thank you for starting me down a whole new rabbit hole of international rainbow ponies.  :frolic:

—mari
She is quite beautiful :D The whole set of German rainbows is sooo pretty. Too bad they are expensive or I would have an army! Rainbows are awesome to see no matter where they come from ;) Brazilians look a bit shy which is very cute, Argies are so bright, Italians have tropical hair (Starshine is quite pretty from there too :D), Mexican rainbow haired Medley is gorgeous, Peru Windy is in the Gusty pose, just to name a few ;) There are many rabbit holes to go down!

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 11:11:58 AM »
She is quite beautiful :D The whole set of German rainbows is sooo pretty. Too bad they are expensive or I would have an army! Rainbows are awesome to see no matter where they come from ;) Brazilians look a bit shy which is very cute, Argies are so bright, Italians have tropical hair (Starshine is quite pretty from there too :D), Mexican rainbow haired Medley is gorgeous, Peru Windy is in the Gusty pose, just to name a few ;) There are many rabbit holes to go down!

The localization of colors and poses is fascinating. Argentina Windy definitely looks like the most festive one. :lol: Now I've fallen down another googling rabbit hole to see what all these ponies look like.

—mari

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 12:39:12 AM »

Welcome to the Arena :wave:

Hope you have fun here!