collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you like the G1 Earth sitting (Bubbles) pose?  (Read 2008 times)

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
Re: Do you like the G1 Earth sitting (Bubbles) pose?
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2018, 12:21:20 PM »
The pose was originally supposed to be with the back legs splayed out to the sides when Kirk did his sculpt.  All levels at Hasbro loved it until it came to moulding.  The legs out to the sides where just too difficult to pull from the molds so those in charge of that stage of production had to say no.  So Kirk reworked her into the legs underneath her hindquarters pose that we know today. 

That’s really interesting. :) I wonder if the sculpt still exsists with the original legs like Kirk wanted.

Ponyfan

Hi Ponyfan.   Here is a picture of the original sculpt.    Sorry I forgot to add it to my post last night.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WSyF8kpz8rBd8juR7

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2018, 12:28:21 PM »
I like it, it's something a bit different, and the star on their foreheads is very sweet too. That said, I wasn't aware that pose even existed when I was a kid, given that my knowledge of G1 was just the handed down ponies that my sister and I had, so perhaps if we had sitting ponies and played with them, I might have felt quite different about them.

Lazy ponies.

Seriously, get up.

:lol:

:lmao:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dreamchaser

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2018, 04:51:51 PM »
Wow. I sculpted a Bubbles bobble head, and she has her legs sticking out a little too. So cute!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2018, 05:02:25 PM »
The pose was originally supposed to be with the back legs splayed out to the sides when Kirk did his sculpt.  All levels at Hasbro loved it until it came to moulding.  The legs out to the sides where just too difficult to pull from the molds so those in charge of that stage of production had to say no.  So Kirk reworked her into the legs underneath her hindquarters pose that we know today. 

That’s really interesting. :) I wonder if the sculpt still exsists with the original legs like Kirk wanted.

Ponyfan

Hi Ponyfan.   Here is a picture of the original sculpt.    Sorry I forgot to add it to my post last night.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WSyF8kpz8rBd8juR7

Thanks for the picture Fiddlephan.

Actually, I'm glad we got what we did. The legs on that mould look strange.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal