collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you like the G1 Earth sitting (Bubbles) pose?  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Do you like the G1 Earth sitting (Bubbles) pose?
« on: August 26, 2018, 06:50:37 AM »
Hi.

I was just wondering how many people like the sitting/Bubbles G1 pose? I think sitting ponies are cute but I also think it's pose that's best for just a few ponies instead of army of ponies list most of the other G1 ponies. I never had Bubbles or Seashell as a child, but I've heard that Ponywear didn't fit sitting ponies very well.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Do you like the G1 Earth sitting (Bubbles) pose?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 06:53:52 AM »
It's cute! But not being able to use ponywear on them kills me. Seashell will never be dressed like a dream. :c

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 06:57:19 AM »
I do quite like it, it's nice to have a unique pose like that. Kirk explained at Pony Fair how difficult it is to get that pose out of the mold but I wish they would've use it a couple more times!

I didn't have either as a kid (Year 5 ponies were the first ones I got when I was about 2 years old) I didn't even know they existed till I got to my preteens and become a collector but I'm sure I would've loved them as a kid as well
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 07:28:17 AM by SaraMari »

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 07:11:37 AM »
I absolutely love it! 

I don't care about their ability to wear Ponywear.  Lots of ponies can't wear ponywear properly: flutter ponies, sea ponies, newborns, wingers, and any pony in the Firefly mold.  To me Ponywear is a neat extra, not something every pony in my collection "has to" be able to wear.

I wanted Bubbles and Seashell from the moment I saw them on the Year 2 backcard, ESPECIALLY Bubbles.  I asked for him (Bubbles is a boy to me) year after year for Christmas, not really understanding that he was long-gone from the store. 

My mom initially didn't buy him for me because she thought the sitting pose didn't look as fun to play with.  I could not disagree more.  The power of Imagination (TM) would have let Bubbles and Seashell trot just like any other pony.  I mean, it's not like I thought Bow-Tie was really stuck with her head permanently turned to the side, so why would my imagination say Bubbles was literally always sitting?  COME ON, MOM!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 07:28:21 AM »
I do quite like it, it's nice to have a unique pose like that. Kirk explained at Pony Fair how difficult it is to get that pose out of the mold but I wish they would've use it a couple more times!

Oh good, my suspicions were correct. I just always assumed it was that little leg shelf.

I really wish I could have dressed Bubbles up in Best of the West.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 07:34:44 AM »
I really like the sculpting on this pose. I think it's very sweet, I would love to have Seashell or Bubbles. Ponywear wearing isn't the biggest factor for me, I'm not currently displaying any.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 07:37:55 AM »
I don't like it. I don't care about the ponywear thing, either. I mean, I'm the girl who made Masquerade (!) wear most of her ponywear as a kid (and Masquerade has a pretty broad mould, so it's hardly surprising that my ponywear ended up oddly shaped xD)  I imagine the reason I loved sticking ponywear on Masky was because she had the mistress of disguise character in the comics. So of course she should wear stuff. Why not?

Given that, I would've just made the sitting ponies wear it too if I had had one. As a kid I never could get shoes on myself, anyway. Always had to ask a parent, so mostly my ponies didn't wear the shoes and sitting ponies can wear ponywear. Just not shoes.

So it isn't about ponywear for me, but I don't like the sitting pose. I don't like the moulded legs to the body. I agree that the imagination means trotting isn't an issue. I just don't like how they are posed and proportioned. I don't like the blaze, either, not really. Prefer the freckles that you get on some of the Nirvana.

So Bubbles and Seashell, timewise, were probably a shade early for me anyway. My first was Windy at the end of 1984 and I know that Cotton Candy's set were still on shelves at this kind of time, but Windy was the first pony I had so it was a case of testing the water and seeing whether I liked it. Rainbow had more appeal for my Mum when buying xD.

By the time I was pony collecting myself, Bubbles & Seashell were gone. But I knew kids at school with...one of them...can't remember which, as well as some of the others from the same time and just after.

I just never liked the pose. I don't like legs stuck to bodies, I think. I am not a fan of Firefly's pose, either. But yes, my sister's Sprinkles did wear ponywear, too. Because Hasbro saying they can't wear ponywear is a challenge to me, rather than a rule...;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 07:59:07 AM »
I never cared for ponywear so that never affected my taste in ponies. In fact I don't remember owning any that already didn't come with a playset.

It was hard to play with Seashell and Bubbles, though. No other ponies could sit like them, and they couldn't stand. They always ended up being the buddies that would already be sitting at tea or writing spells. They didn't get much love from that department.

As a collector, it's my favorite G1 pose. It's unique and has so much personalty compared to a lot of the other ones. I wish more ponies came in that pose so they could all hang out together while everyone else stands.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 08:23:21 AM »
They are okay for sticking on wood to make book ends.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 08:41:49 AM »
Yes, I think its adorable. I have Seashell. I'd love to have Bubbles. If I'd had a 5 Below, I'd have grabbed the unicorn fake and commissioned Brazil Bowtie. :lovey:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:45:08 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 09:55:15 AM »
I think the sitting pose is very charming, and I remember wanting Seashell desperately when I was small. I wish there were more (official, non-nirvana) ponies made in that pose, but from a business/production standpoint I guess I can understand why there aren't.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2018, 10:02:27 AM »
I love the sitting pose! It's just so cute and unique. I wish they'd made more of them!

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2018, 10:20:15 AM »
As a kid I would have hated the sitting pose since sitting ponies cant gallop around, pull Baby Cuddles buggy and so on. As an adult a kinda like it since it looks so sweet and calm. I prefer other poses but I still kinda like the sitting pose :)
Btw, did anyone try to fit a sitting pony into the Scrub-a-dub tub? (to lazy to pull the tub from the top of the shelf lol, sorry). I think a sitting pony in the bathtub would look totally cute!

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2018, 06:32:49 PM »
I think the pose is absolutely adorable, but I'm glad they didn't make too many ponies in the pose!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2018, 06:52:06 PM »
I like it, I don't own any Ponywear, so that's not really an issue for me. I do get that it would be more limiting to play with from a child's perspective, but I think the pose looks really cute! :lovey:

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal