collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hair rerooting tools?  (Read 357 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Hair rerooting tools?
« on: August 24, 2018, 08:26:28 PM »
Does anyone know where I can go to find colored hair for rerooting ponies irl, and not online? Preferrably in SoCal? I found a really close costume wig at the Dollar General,  in one of the purples in g4 Inky Rose's hair, but need to find the color of the middle stripe and don't know where to look. And does Michael's craft supply store sell tools for rerooting?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hair rerooting tools?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 04:32:19 AM »
I really don't know, but feeling sad that no-one has answered yet. I live in SA and have to import ALL of my rerooting stuff. I use Dollyhair for that, and have yet to have a problem with them. The wait is just soooo looong, but that is the fault of our lethargic postal service. However, why don't you try calling Michael's and asking them if no-one can advise here? You might perhaps want to ask on the customs board. 

I can tell you that wigs can be a pest to work with in rerooting as they are layered: just watch out for that. Your best bet is hair extensions, there the hair is normally all the same length.

Good luck!

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Hair rerooting tools?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 08:34:57 AM »
I'm thousands of miles away from SoCal, but have you checked in beauty supply shops for hair? They often stock long, colorful extensions around here, but I couldn't say whether a grey-lavender would be something they'd carry. Your best bet, if you want to do it on the cheap without buying online, is probably to get some white or other pale-colored nylon and dye it yourself. (I don't recommend trying to dye poly hair if you've never done it before. It's more finicky to work with.)

As for rerooting tools, Michaels definitely sells the components for rerooting tools, but you won't find them pre-made. If you have a hard time snipping your own needles, I feel you! :lol: My only advice there is to make friends with someone who has strong hands and ask them to do a bunch at once.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal