Pony Talk > Off Topic

How is your sense of direction?

(1/7) > >>

Leave a Whisper:
Pretty bad. I've been learning to navigate a map, but I can still get turned around and confused.  I do better with clear, dependable landmarks, then written directions that say, turn left, go down highway etc.

tailrustedtealeaf:
I walk fast, so I might be below-average but I cover enough ground to find things about as fast as average people do.  ;)
I do absolutely rely on google maps when I'm driving somewhere unfamiliar because I cannot memorize street names for the life of me, but when I need to walk somewhere I'm fine. I memorize store layouts quite quickly so I know my grocery store extremely well, as well as the Target. It's helpful when people ask for obscure-ish items and I have a general idea of where they should be.
If I've been paying attention for the bulk of a trip, I can generally know "this thing must be over here because we didn't pass it on the way".

Ponyfan:
I rely on landmarks/reference points somewhat. I’ve turned down the wrong hallway at work several times and then have to backtrack to the correct one.
I got lost walking home once because I didn’t go the way I usually do. I eventually found my way back but it took a while to figure out how to get home.

Ponyfan

Leave a Whisper:
I've gotten lost on my way home a few times too.

bright rabbit 1:
Give me a map and I can't read it. When I was in Canto in Northampton I had to be brought home because it was almost dark. The one in charge drove me home, and I didn't know my way home, but when we got to the road that leads to Stanick I knew my way from there to my home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version