collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you think of the new anniversary ponies?  (Read 2695 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: What do you think of the new anniversary ponies?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 02:00:17 PM »
I’m not sure why Basic Fun decided to make the Rainbow ponies scented.

Because the retailers (the stores) requested it.  (Foxtale asked them about this when she was at Toy Fair.)   The smells do remind me of SSC too.  Sunlight is my favorite. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 02:06:28 PM »
I'm interested in Sunbeam and Snuzzle, I wanted Peachy but her body tone looks too off to me.

Either way, love seeing G1 ponies in stores again!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 04:21:22 PM »
I haven't seen them in person, just pics from online but I like the way they look.  I had some of the 25th anniversary ones and I thought they were OK just the eyes looked too small compared to G1 but the eyes don't look smaller in the pics of the 35th anniversary ones but I'm not sure if that's the case or not.

I'm planning on buying each wave as it's released, mostly online since I don't get a chance to go out that much and I can be guaranteed to get the entire wave so far.  I've ordered wave 1 and wave 2 from two different sellers on ebay, more than what I expected to pay but they were the cheapest I could find and they didn't charge for shipping like everyone else does for them.

Offline Cheyennethepony

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 04:49:15 PM »
I just bought some pony hair so maybe I could get some for Christmas? (Please family buy them!) lol

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 05:46:24 PM »
The 35th Anniversary ponies are so much better than the 25th Anniversary ones that it's hard to criticize them. I really love how similar they are in quality to original G1s, and the packaging is fantastic. I personally like the slight differences in coloration (like "Malibu Peachy") because it's easier to tell at glance if a pony is a repro or not. Once I can go to the store and pick Glory off the shelf for the second time in my life... Wow. All the feels.

I will say that I'm not a fan of the scents, and the QC on the Rainbows has been spottier than the Collector ponies in my experience. :( I haven't yet found a Parasol without issues, but my Targets have only been through two restocks, so I still have hope.

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2018, 05:57:48 PM »
They're a dream come true, I always wished the original G1s would return and they finally did.

The slight differences doesn't bother me as this used to happen back in the 80s too (concave vs flat foot vs mail order is a good example). What matters the most is that they caught the essence of the originals as these look and feel like proper G1s unlike the 25th Anniversary which failed to achieve this  - the 35th Anniversary have excellent hair (better than anything Hasbro produced in the 2000s), their bodies made of good plastic, nice paint jobs, and I love their accessories and the attached ribbons.

I currently have Wave 1 and 2, pre-ordered 3 of the Pretty Parlor from Amazon and can not wait for Wave 3.

EDIT

The 35th Anniversary ponies are so much better than the 25th Anniversary ones that it's hard to criticize them.

Same thoughts...and "Malibu Peachy" is what I call her too lol
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:00:38 PM by Gizmo »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 06:13:17 PM »
I did not care for the 25th ones at all. They did not stand very well and were super hard!!! I have the first set in hand and love them. They are very close to the original ones! I am trying to get the Rainbow set right now. Not having much luck on finding them all in stock.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2018, 06:58:44 PM »
I love them.  I'm going to send some to my niece, too.

I took a MIB Snuzzle to a small Transformers convention and she sold super fast to a little girl who looked to be about four.

Aww!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 07:42:54 PM »
They're a dream come true, I always wished the original G1s would return and they finally did.

The slight differences doesn't bother me as this used to happen back in the 80s too (concave vs flat foot vs mail order is a good example). What matters the most is that they caught the essence of the originals as these look and feel like proper G1s unlike the 25th Anniversary which failed to achieve this  - the 35th Anniversary have excellent hair (better than anything Hasbro produced in the 2000s), their bodies made of good plastic, nice paint jobs, and I love their accessories and the attached ribbons.

I currently have Wave 1 and 2, pre-ordered 3 of the Pretty Parlor from Amazon and can not wait for Wave 3.

EDIT

The 35th Anniversary ponies are so much better than the 25th Anniversary ones that it's hard to criticize them.

Same thoughts...and "Malibu Peachy" is what I call her too lol

Ditto

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 07:59:09 PM »
I did not care for the 25th ones at all. They did not stand very well and were super hard!!! I have the first set in hand and love them. They are very close to the original ones! I am trying to get the Rainbow set right now. Not having much luck on finding them all in stock.

Agreed.  I deeply disliked them to the point that I didn't get any of them. And their weird tiny eyes.  These new ones are a massive upgrade.

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 08:40:21 PM »
I love them!  Super excited that my kids can grow up and open “old” ponies!  I’d be thrilled if they’d do alternate poses or new designs all together but that’s probably a stretch.  Really love what’s out so far and hope they sell well!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 08:53:38 PM »
I only have the Collector Pose ponies and the Pretty Parlor so far, still need the Rainbows and the Unicorn/Pegasus set, but I love them a lot! Much nicer than the 25th anniversary ponies!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 10:36:16 PM »
The Rainbows - could've probably done without the scents, honestly.

Agreed. Otherwise love them. :inlove:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2018, 11:22:47 PM »
I love love love love them!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2018, 02:29:10 AM »
I do like them, but they are so expensive to ship to SA that I'm not sure if I will end up getting any. However, if they somehow by magic decided to distribute them here I would really be extremely happy and would buy them for sure!

Example: I just bought one pony. She cost $6-00. The shipping to SA from America is $25-00 in this instance...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal