collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you think of the new anniversary ponies?  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Cheyennethepony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
What do you think of the new anniversary ponies?
« on: August 23, 2018, 11:31:28 AM »
If you haven't heard the news here is info: https://www.mlpmerch.com/2018/08/third-35th-anniversary-retro-ponies-set-on-target-website.html
I really like them! The only thing that I don't like about new edition ponies is that sometimes it looks like their hair color or body color is slightly off.
I really want Glory and Sunbeam!  :)

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think of the new anniversary ponies?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 11:36:09 AM »
It just looks to me like the colored stripe in the unicorn manes is thinner, but realistically...comparing colors to actual products through the filters of your monitor and whatever they've processed the photos through isn't always super accurate.  I want to get them in my hands. 

I do think, if they have the same plastic as Cotton Candy, that Firefly and Twilight will be less salmon-colored than their original incarnations. Mine, even as a kid, were a much warmer pink than any of my other pink ponies.

Offline Cheyennethepony

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 11:43:32 AM »
Yeah, I haven't actually gotten the chance to see them in person yet so I don't know how they actually look.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 11:47:09 AM »
Haven't got my grubby mitts on the Rainbows yet. DD has a couple of the Collectors Ponies. Very nice, plastic is a little harder, hair is silky but a bit wild. The artwork is lovely. Def worth a buy. Several people have great vid reviews and comparisons.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Cheyennethepony

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 11:55:39 AM »
Oh cool, I hope in the future they make the baby ponies. I need a baby Moondancer and Glory :heart: :heart:

Offline Magicharp

• Power Puff Pony
  • Playing music on my harp named Grover!
    • View Profile
    • The Punisher's Harp
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 12:09:52 PM »
I got the Pretty Parlor and Cotton Candy. Both are superb versions of the originals. When I first handled the Parlor set, I became very impressed by just how soft the walls of the building are. It's not at all like the original version of the playset which was made from hard plastic. And Peachy looks more like a brown pony than "peach" color. Twinkles look delightful in his new "Custard" mold version. And Cotton Candy and Peachy's hair is so soft and silky you want to pet them all day long.

I can't wait to get more 35th Anniversary remakes out there. I love every bit of them. 
"One Batch. Two Batch. Penny and Dime." - Frank Castle

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 12:13:52 PM »
I was able to purchase Snuzzle from a Target near me and I'm still waiting on my Parasol from Amazon ( >_< ). I really love the packaging of these ponies. They're not big and bulky so they display well. I wasn't a collector for the 25th anniversary so I'm really glad I'm able to participate in the 35th anniversary hype and am hoping they have plans to produce more.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Cheyennethepony

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 12:25:53 PM »
I really want the Minty from before. Hopefully, I can find her soon, and 10 bucks per pony isn't too bad.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 12:30:05 PM »
I love them.  I'm going to send some to my niece, too.

I took a MIB Snuzzle to a small Transformers convention and she sold super fast to a little girl who looked to be about four.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Cheyennethepony

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 12:40:16 PM »
Cool!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 12:47:45 PM »
Sunbeam looks off to me, but I do want her! I'm picking up any of them that I can.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 12:50:45 PM »
No third waves here yet of course. Between us my sister and I have all the Collector ponies (largely thanks to kind people here, I must add!) and 5 of the Rainbow Ponies (Unless Naynie bought Starshine while I wasn't looking, she's the one we don't have).

Collector ponies. Favourite is Snuzzle. I love her colour blend, it works really well. Her hair is really soft and she seems really good quality. Very impressed. The other two I have myself are Minty and Butterscotch, both still in their boxes so I can only comment on the colours. Butterscotch is my second favourite colour wise.

My sister Naynie has deboxed her three. I think they all look nice. Cotton Candy is a really warm pink which is pretty. Blossom is surprisingly dark, rather like I think the Italian one? Bluebelle seems most like Bluebelle colour wise.

The Rainbows - could've probably done without the scents, honestly. Parasol and Sunlight seem to have quite loose necks for some reason, which is actually quite hilarious. Skydancer is a really vivid shade of yellow which is a bit strange when you first see her. Moonstone is really beautiful. Probably the nicest one for me overall. Windy was my first ever pony so right now I only have her in box but hope to get another to debox in the next few months if I can. My childhood Windy was a paler lavender so the darker colour is a bit weird but I do think the unicorns look nice overall.

With wave 3, can only judge on images but as this set never made the UK originally, I am planning on ubying them all. Firefly looks a worrying shade of pink, mind you. She and Sunbeam are my least favourites in this set but if they come to the UK I will get all of them. Most excited about Glory and Medley.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 12:58:35 PM »
I also love them. :) I didn’t get the 25th anniversary sets so I didn’t mind too much when the new retro line started with the Original 6. I bought 2 full sets of them (one set to keep MIB and one to open and display) My only retro Rainbow right now is Moonstone but I’m hoping to add the rest of the Rainbows, the unicorns/pegasus and the new Peachy and the Pretty Parlor. :) I want all the retro ponies.

I’m not sure why Basic Fun decided to make the Rainbow ponies scented. Moonstone’s smell reminds me of  the same smell one of the retro Strawberry Shortcake dolls have. Retro Skydancer is more of a lemon yellow.  My retro Moonstone is a pretty close match to my childhood one.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 12:59:24 PM »
Target link says not in stores & shipping unavailable.  I can't wait for wave 3 :heart:

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 01:25:40 PM »
I'm all for filling the stores with G1 ponies, so I'm biased.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal