collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: hi everyone!  (Read 502 times)

Offline hugsandkisses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
hi everyone!
« on: August 23, 2018, 04:36:16 AM »
Hi everyone! So I actually came across this forum while searching for different Monster High things, i'm a very very recent collector of dolls, recent as in...the last week. This forum totally struck my interest because i've always had a fascination with MLP, and as a kid I actually watched the MLP tales episodes on DVD quite a lot. So far, my pony interests actually sprawl across all generations, but I truly am fascinated with the generation one ponies, so my collection will most likely begin there. I would love your tips on how to find old ponies for a cheaper price than sites such as eBay, as I really need to get my hands on some of those beautiful babies haha. My dream pony right now is the G1 Heartthrob pony.
As for myself, I'm actually a very young student who probably shouldn't be spending so much time and money on collections but...it's a hobby just like any other and I don't mind pursuing it haha. Everyone here seems super sweet and I can't wait to post around here, learn more about ponies and see you guys' beautiful collections and ponies.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 08:58:11 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :)

Check out the "For Sale" section as i'm sure you will be able to acquire a beautiful Heartthrob pony in no time! Good luck expanding your collections :lovey:

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 07:43:28 AM »
Hi, welcome to the Arena!

Though it takes a while, you can get some pretty good deals locally. I suggest checking thrift stores often (probably the ones with the best and biggest toy section) and though it may take a while, G1s can pop up. Dry spells can happen too though as less and less are being donated. I would also recommend checking Craigslist or other secondhand sites fairly often. Besides that, flea markets and such can have some good stuff. You can also check the newly listed on eBay and look for good BINs :) Good luck!

I can't wait to see you around, I hope you enjoy the forum :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline hugsandkisses

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 12:16:42 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :)

Check out the "For Sale" section as i'm sure you will be able to acquire a beautiful Heartthrob pony in no time! Good luck expanding your collections :lovey:

Thanks so much for the welcome! I'm glad to have found this little community. I'll totally make sure to check out the For Sale section, I'm really eager to start my MLP collection haha.
:)
Hi, welcome to the Arena!

Though it takes a while, you can get some pretty good deals locally. I suggest checking thrift stores often (probably the ones with the best and biggest toy section) and though it may take a while, G1s can pop up. Dry spells can happen too though as less and less are being donated. I would also recommend checking Craigslist or other secondhand sites fairly often. Besides that, flea markets and such can have some good stuff. You can also check the newly listed on eBay and look for good BINs :) Good luck!

I can't wait to see you around, I hope you enjoy the forum :D

Thank you for the tips! I really hope I find her somewhere haha.
eBay has kind of ridiculous prices for ponies, a lot of the prices are so high + postage and it's a little too much to justify spending on just one pony haha. I'll make sure to check out the other places though!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 06:13:28 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :)

Offline hugsandkisses