collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Ponywear do you like on which ponies?  (Read 494 times)

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
What Ponywear do you like on which ponies?
« on: August 21, 2018, 07:48:21 PM »
Are you a "backcard purist"? Do you like to match the stickers? Do you optimize the pony designs?

How do you choose which ponies wear which Ponywear, if you display Ponywear on ponies?

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What Ponywear do you like on which ponies?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 08:27:23 PM »
I like all ponywear on Nightlight:p

I think certain poses work best with certain outfits, and from there certain color schemes are better than others.  The Gingerbread pose goes exceptionally well with In The Center Ring, but not a lot of other outfits since it's such a chunky pose.  Most outfits fit the Bowtie/shy pose very well, and that's my go-to pose for almost every adult outfit.  It's got straight legs that make outfits easy to get on and off, and it doesn't bunch up the fabric anywhere.  But also, it's got a bit more interest than a straight up Collector Pose pony.  And Nightlight's dark coloring makes for some really nice color combinations!  The Greek version of Pony Royal is AMAZING on Nightlight! For some Greek outfits(pretty much anything that isn't a cape), a particularly mushy Collector Pose pony is required if you actually want to get the stupid thing on a pony. A few outfits require you to fold the legs almost in half to get it through the leg holes. Most Greek ponies are very mushy indeed, so I'm betting the outfits were designed for that.

Some of the baby outfits look exceptionally cute on Baby Moondancer's pose, and the rest go well with Baby Blossom.  Posey's pose is easy to dress(and the feet are great for easily getting shoes on and off), but active pose of the legs doesn't work as well with a lot of outfits.  It tends to leave them stretched and bunched in places.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:31:38 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 05:13:08 AM »
Whichever pony is closest to my bed when I get ponywear gets to wear it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 03:07:21 PM »
I like the Megan and Sundance outfits (on Megan and Sundance). I also like the Pocket Pals Sets for the babies. Oh, and the UK raincoat :) On Posey ;)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 08:32:43 PM »
None.
I don't leave Ponywear on my ponies because a number of the plastics and fabrics can bleed dyes.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 05:56:17 AM »
I usually want my ponies without clothes, but have been wondering on how to display ponywear, if I should have doubles of those that goes well with a particular outfit or something like that.
Would prefer a pretty neutral pony that doesnt take the edge out of the pony wear. Sundance is perfect for the Megan and Sundance clothes, as she is white, shy pose, and dont really draw much attention to herself, and that would make the clothing pop out more imo.
I like the idea of going by backcard though, and choose the same pony as is pictured. :)

My solution for now (or, when I get to display them) is having them moc. I really love the back card arts, and to have it displayed like that shows of both the clothing, the art, and I dont need to have extra ponies for fashion display purposes ^^
So I'm debating on wheater to keep my loose pony wear, and how I would display if I keep them. :P
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 10:40:20 AM »
I have a small lot of G1 ponies I display my ponywear on :) All of them have haircuts or marks or dents ... they are basically baits :P So its not too bad if a shoe stains and so on.
Sometimes, when Im in a sad or bad mood I like to calm myself down with re-dressing some ponies or trying on certain ponywear on other ponies. I always put it back off before I leave the room, so I cant forget the clothes on any pony (except those baits :P).

My favourite set as a kid was the Tennis outfit. And the Flash Prance set! Today I still love them but I also totally love Milk N Cookies!! And Sweet Dreams! Oh and the valentines set and... oh so many, I just love ponywear! :D

here are some pics from my collection, nothing too great, still gotta take pics :P

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 11:20:29 AM »
I second the pocket pals animal costumes on the babies! So cute! :blush:
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 11:29:12 AM »
I display whatever I like on whichever pony. For example, astronaut suit on Seashell since mine only came with 2 shoes anyway, and she looks like she could be sitting on a space shuttle. Baby clown costume on Creamsicle because it fits! Baby dinosaur costume on my baby with uncombable hair. I had a G1 diaper and bib on G4 Applejack because it was cute. Oh, and ballerina clothea on Powder and purple Ember because the colors workers well together. And of course Great Skates on Speedy.

I didn't have more than 2 sets of ponywear before this year, and I'm rather happy with what I have, though I hope to get more in the next swap.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 11:32:42 AM by Khoufu »
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal