collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone found any Mexican Nirvanas in the wild?  (Read 3704 times)

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
Has anyone found any Mexican Nirvanas in the wild?
« on: August 20, 2018, 09:23:40 AM »
My dad works down by the border in Texas (he's a trucker) and we were thinking about possibly making a trip down there to hang out with him soon. I thought I might try my luck at some flea markets/thrift stores while we're there and it got me thinking that there might be the small possibility of finding Mexican Nirvana ponies.

So I was just curious; has anyone ever found one outside of Mexico in the wild before? I'd also love to see pics of any Mexican Nirvanas y'all have!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Has anyone found any Mexican Nirvanas in the wild?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 03:37:29 PM »
I've never found any nirvana pony in the wild, but I know many people have some across nirvana ponies in the most unexpected places :)

I'm just cleaning up a bunch of Mexican I got in a trade, I'm loving the new born twins!

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 04:02:17 PM »
I have never found a nirvana pony in the wild but hope to some day.

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 07:55:45 PM »
I have not heard of Mexican MLP being found in the wild, but I ran across an Argie Baby Bluebelle at a garage sale in Utah!  I knew the family was from Central America but never dreamed of running into a Nirvana pony there.  I was rummaging in a box of toys and saw a blue baby, and just about fainted.  They were asking $2 for Bluebelle and two normal release ponies, plus a book and a beach bag.  I gave them $10, I was so pleased (and I thought they should have been asking more for their stuff, anyway).

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 03:53:33 AM »
I thinks that every nirvana can be found in the wild, as that's from where they belong first. You just need to be lucky.
I've found many italians, spain and french ones, as they are from border/my country, but it remains rare for French one, and I found it in Belgium, not even in France.

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 05:27:03 AM »
@ColdRuru : You found a French Nirvana in Belgium !? Oh boi, you just gave me hope.  :lol: Where did you find it exactly ?

But I agree with you. Nirvanas are found where they were sold. There are lots of Italians across Europe (Well, Belgium at least) for example, and then French in France, yaddi-yadda you got my point. There is a possibility to get Nirvanas in unexpected countries because tourists bought them during their visit and then brought them as a souvenir. (Looking at you, Piggy found in Scandinavia)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:30:01 AM by RoseNoire »
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 06:43:20 AM »
I would think, if you're in the US, flea markets in border states might be a good place to start. I found a Spanish Piggy Pony at a Goodwill in Florida once for 50 cents (well, technically my roommate found it).

Offline allymer

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • get cape, wear cape, fly
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj4NzFs6rYAhUCLFAKHRkWDhYQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yooying.com%2Fjonathanvk9930&usg=AOvVaw1VEWvdcAw59g5B1Zytl7Yj
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 01:08:56 AM »
@ColdRuru : You found a French Nirvana in Belgium !? Oh boi, you just gave me hope.  :lol: Where did you find it exactly ?

But I agree with you. Nirvanas are found where they were sold. There are lots of Italians across Europe (Well, Belgium at least) for example, and then French in France, yaddi-yadda you got my point. There is a possibility to get Nirvanas in unexpected countries because tourists bought them during their visit and then brought them as a souvenir. (Looking at you, Piggy found in Scandinavia)

I found two nirvanas at Brussel - Place du Grand Sablon
... spain flutter honeysuckle and Italy Peachy ...
was such a good day :)

check me out on instagram "jonathanvkmlp" come say hey :)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 07:54:34 AM »
Found a nirvana in the wild : Greek Bluebelle (blue hair) in Germany :P

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 12:11:01 AM »
I've never found a Nirvana from South or Central America here in the UK but although they were not sold here, we picked up Italian Heart Throb, Surprise and Peachy here. I also got Spanish Strawberry Fair/Sugarberry at a toy fair for 30p, and my sister picked up Macau Candy and Belly (?) from a carboot sale here as well. We also found a fair few ponies from the US line and from continental Europe even if they were not sold here.

Ponies do travel so hunting around the borders is a smart idea and can't hurt, right?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline purple_alice

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 06:25:58 PM »
I found a Mexican Cotton Candy, and a Dutch Diary pony, both in flea markets in Ohio (not at the same time).

Offline scarletmoon

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+50)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mexican pony lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 12:54:42 PM »
Oh! well I have found Italian ponies in Belgium! in a huge flea market that I believe its once a year in Brugges, so I was so lucky to be there just that specific day :D I was thinking about drop a mexican pony in Europe with my mark on hooves just to see where or where people would find it.. o_0

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 03:46:46 AM »

I'd want to notify that apparently italians were sold all over Europe, haha. That's why they are pretty common here and there.
I was going to come here to mention my Regentropfen and Azul Celeste but apparently you remembered first! Like I've said, some other finnish collector too found a piggie Butterskotch a few years ago in the wild here, in Finland. What.
  I'm assuming though that the chances of nirvanas are higher at places near the countrys borders, but I have no idea since in Scandinavia all countries got the same exclusives except for alt. Birth Flower ponies. But I do have noticed that when I find foreign things here it's very often from the countries where a lot of immigrants come from.

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2018, 04:03:50 AM »
One of my friends has been going a lot to Suriname and now he is in Mexico for holiday. So every trip to that continent he gets the request to find me g1 ponies :) And no store bought ponies. But up until now nothing on g1. I did explain to him that mexican ponies tend to look horrible with haircuts. So curious if he finds something.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 08:39:33 AM »
Not Mexican, but I did find a Greek Bluebelle in a box of ponies at a garage sale in Tennessee, USA years ago.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal