collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do German ponies hooves say?  (Read 4021 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What do German ponies hooves say?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 08:41:52 AM »
I think we need a list of banned generalisations...

I have a theory that some of what the UK got were leftover US stock. I genuinely feel like that is why we still had creative methods of selling snuzzle as late as 1987...left overs!!

Maybe some carded glittery glories and moonies are also lije this in other places.

Or maybe you just got our share. Again...; )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 10:31:49 AM »
I was just looking through old threads at the swedish mlp forum (long since abandoned it seems now though :P )  And found a thread where several people claimed that some of their childhood BBs was no pat pend, and some where, and they had not been outside of Sweden.
It really is interesting I think :)  I think I have brought up the question before in there, but well, evereyone just "new" they where german, so not much luck there. That was quite some time ago though :P

Yes! It does seem to have been taken as "known" that boys without Pat Pend are "German only". Even I took it as "known" as I applied the rules which I had figured out from the Princesses. My knowledge is limited to English speaking forums/information only and sometimes it is bias.

I am daft! :blush:

I have a ton of German language backcard images saved on my PC! I just checked them, i have leaflets and adverts showing the BB ponies, but no backcards.

I checked Himmie's website and she has a scan of a German language WigWam backcard :)

http://himmie.weebly.com/big-brothers.html

It is just the card though, no pony on it, so we have no idea what the hoof marks of the pony that was sold on the particular card.  The card is dated 1988.

I honestly am flapping as I really don't have much understand of "regular" release patterns >_<

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 12:57:15 PM »
I frankly gave up with trying to organise the babies as any kind of logical set and now have a list of bullet points underneath explaining all the possible releases I know of - but I am leaving pat pend alone because without more data I;m not confident on tracking it pattern-wise.

I know my sister and I have 2 different Tracks/Steamers. But they both say pat pend. One is American, one from the UK. :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 02:29:46 AM »
The pat pend vs non pat pend is not really withing my expertise either :P  I just find it odd, as I have not seen any real confirmation of it. But maybe someone has done research on it, just that I/we have missed who and when ^.^

And thanks for the link to Himmies site. I know I have seen it before now when you show it.  :)

And how can you tell the difference between UK and US BBs? I just thought they where all the same, just with or without pat pend.  :P
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 03:20:47 AM »
They are. Sorry. What I meant was hers came from here and mine from the US. I didn't mean to imply a uk us variation. More batch differences.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 03:49:52 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 05:41:04 AM »
They are. Sorry. What I meant was hers came from here and mine from the US. I didn't mean to imply a uk us variation. More batch differences.

Ok so there are some coloour variances maybe. No pattern in which is UK/US, or do they both come as dark and light? If anyone has done research I mean? ^.^
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 09:12:42 AM »

Ok so there are some coloour variances maybe. No pattern in which is UK/US, or do they both come as dark and light? If anyone has done research I mean? ^.^

I haven't researched it. I just know that the dark one my sister got here, and the other came in a lot from the US. And because he has 2 years of release across both countries, I just assumed it was related to that but I really don't know...

I don't think anyone has looked into batch colour differences. Just pat pending on the hooves. But it isn't fading or plastic damage. The darker pony is much more faded in the hair department than the lighter one, and they're clearly totally different shades but evenly coloured all over. It's not regrind. It's something from production.

I should add the caveat neither pony came to us from new. It is possible that I am wrong about their origins and they travelled prior to us getting them. Naynie's came from a UK carboot sale, though, so is more likely to have come from at the very least Europe.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal