collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do German ponies hooves say?  (Read 4023 times)

Offline soproxicaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
What do German ponies hooves say?
« on: August 19, 2018, 05:31:58 PM »
I have a baby moondancer and people were saying she might be german but to ask about the hooves. She says made in Hong Kong

Thanks! Soproxicaa xx

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What do German ponies hooves say?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 07:31:13 AM »
They might say Hong Kong, China, or sometimes Italy. I am not sure about other places although Sundance probably says no country on her hooves.

The reason people said that about your pony is that there is a version of Baby Moondancer sold in some European countries who has no glitter on her symbol. She is made in Hong Kong the same as the regular version :) The difference is the symbol :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 08:25:14 AM »
They won't say Germany because they imported their MLPs, they didn't manufacture them locally under licensed contracts.  As Taffeta said, they will have Hong Kong or China or Thailand, in a few rare exceptions.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 12:17:50 PM »
They won't say Germany because they imported their MLPs, they didn't manufacture them locally under licensed contracts.  As Taffeta said, they will have Hong Kong or China or Thailand, in a few rare exceptions.

I don't think any Thai ponies were sold in Germany. They had the Chinese fancy pants as far as I know. But they did have a lot of Italian ponies and NC Sundance. Someone from there can confirm if they had any other Nirvana-esque things...but I don't think they had any Thai releases.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 12:49:47 PM »
Isn’t there something about the “pat pending” text missing from the hooves? I don’t know if that is the same with the PnC babies, but the early baby ponies (baby Buttons etc) are missing the “pat pending”. I can’t remember were I read it, but it was specified to be with the baby Buttons set. I think I read it as a way to distinguish baby Karamell from baby Cotton Candy?

I need to start saving my sources *grumble,grumble*
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 12:58:14 PM »
I think I read somewhere that German TEs had no pat pend and were paler?

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »
I think I read somewhere that German TEs had no pat pend and were paler?

Speedy is definitely paler. I am not really sure which ponies the Pat Pend thing applies to but I think it also can apply to brothers and maybe Princesses.

It's unlikely to affect the PACS babies, though, since I think it's to do with timing. Baby Buttons is from 1987, so a little later than the PACS set. I admit I don't know when Baby Glory was sold in Germany. Maybe someone from there does?

With the others, at least, I know that Speedy's set in Germany (and probably also France) were 1988 releases. The characters are the same six as the UK had, but ours came out in 1987, and we had the darker Speedy, like the US. It might be to do with that. Based solely on the card designs, the German princess pony cards (and the French) are also 1988 style. So the pat pend thing probably comes around 1987-8...

I genuinely don't know about pat pend and the UK releases around that time, though. We definitely had princesses and TE ponies in 1987 as they have 1987 style packaging and they're on the 1987 insert. But we also had the Princesses again in 1988 and the Adventure Boys/Brother ponies in 1988 so I dunno...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 03:35:47 PM »
Here is a link showing the German speaking country exclusive ponies :) they are all either China or HK :)

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=216671

Baby Moondancer, was sold in a set which was sold throughout Europe, including Germany :) both glitter and painted symbol ponies are included in this set ;)

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=473073

The lack of a PAT PEND stamp indicated in some instances if a pony was intended for the German market.

Please remember that the patient for MLP was granted in round about 1987-88 (1986-1988 is when it all goes chaotic) so after this point in time and when production was moved to china ALL ponies lack a PAT PEND stamp :bigups:

The ponies which can be identified as intended for the German market are notably the Princess Ponies in "regular releases" hair colours and some of the Big Brothers.

The reason why there is a lack of a PAT PEND stamp is that Germany was "behind" with the releases compared to other parts of Europe and the US (I think the US got ponies first, because of how distribution works from the Far East). This means that for some reason Germany got a later batch or even a "re-release" (I'm using the term very loosely here), meaning the ponies were made after the patient was granted.

It all gets a bit hazy when it comes to pining this rule (PAT PEND vs. No PAT PEND) onto other ponies, such as the Twinkle Eye ponies (not counting pale Speedy). I've only really studied this stamp in relation to Princess ponies.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 10:27:15 AM »
I just received German baby Moondancer and baby Glory (without glittery symbols) and neither of them has pat pend on their hooves. I have not yet checked my childhood baby Glory who also was sold on card (but with glittery symbols). Would be interesting to see if she is also lacking the «pat pend». I think my childhood baby Glory is from 88/89.

By the way, the non-glittery babies are supercute!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:29:10 AM by katrine2309 »

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 01:50:10 AM »
Mine say the year and Hasbro and either Italy or Hong Kong. No "pat pend".
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 01:51:57 AM by CherryTreats »

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 02:35:36 AM »
I just checked my childhood baby Glory, she has the pat.pend even though she was also sold on card. She is the glittery version. I didn’t buy her earlier than 88/89, but she could have been produced earlier of course. Anyone know when the baby pony set with baby Glory etc was released in Germany? And do we know that the glittery versions were sold in Germany? It seems the glittery and matted sets with baby ponies could have been two different sets?

Edit: all the ponies are marked HK.

@CherryTreats: which German ponies do you have?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 02:37:07 AM by katrine2309 »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 02:59:06 PM »

It all gets a bit hazy when it comes to pining this rule (PAT PEND vs. No PAT PEND) onto other ponies, such as the Twinkle Eye ponies (not counting pale Speedy). I've only really studied this stamp in relation to Princess ponies.

I haven't looked into the pat pend removal thing at all, but I can confirm that the TE set involving pale Speedy (Locket/TicTacToe/Sweetie/Fizzy/Sky Rocket/pale Speedy) was available in France and Germany at the very least in 1988. Whereas the UK set was in 1987 and we got the darker Speedy. I have both the UK and the German Tic Tac Toe releases MOC but they're not easily accessible to me right now. When I eventually get them out again, I will look see what the hooves of each say because two MOC ponies alongside each other is a pretty good resource. I do remember that Trixi (German carded TTT) is a little darker/bolder? in her body tone somehow...
Spoiler

But I know there are colour variations between Brother releases that don't necessarily indicate pat pend differences so it may be irrelevant.

I also have Lollipop/Zuckersuss/Sweet Tooth on German card. Both these sets have the 1988 art style card but I am imagining there are no differences in pat pend on the hooves of the German and at least the UK release of these sets as the UK had them in 1988 as well.

I don't really understand what happened with the brother ponies as I've never seen one MOC on German card I don't think. Not the first set anyway. I know the Princesses had their carded release and then variations in hair tone so they're kind of different...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 08:10:48 AM »
I have never seen any discusion about the big brothers to support the german claim for them. It has just been like a self-explainatory that they lack pat-pend, thus are german, but why that conclusion has been drawn I dont know. But on the other hand, I have been away from the comunity for a long time so I might have missed something.
I dont think I have seen any in german packaging either, and I have heard from somewhere that we had them both with and without pat pend in Sweden as well. Cant say for sure on that one though.
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2018, 02:45:14 PM »
What I've picked up on the Big Brothers is from what I've read over the years.

I researched the Princeses, so my knowledge is deeper when it comes to them

It might be worth while asking in the corral about the Big Brothers?

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 04:55:41 AM »
I was just looking through old threads at the swedish mlp forum (long since abandoned it seems now though :P )  And found a thread where several people claimed that some of their childhood BBs was no pat pend, and some where, and they had not been outside of Sweden.
It really is interesting I think :)  I think I have brought up the question before in there, but well, evereyone just "new" they where german, so not much luck there. That was quite some time ago though :P
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal