collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did Tirek wind up with the Rainbow of Darkness? Theories  (Read 815 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
How did Tirek wind up with the Rainbow of Darkness? Theories
« on: August 19, 2018, 11:21:17 AM »
yeah, that's never really explained, in g1, and something that I never really thought of until now. Fortunately, I made my own theory on it, which is tied into my newest OC, over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,392815.0.html
Spoiler
About: Born into a poor social class, he was satisfied with basic necessities and thought that he had loving parents. However, when a decree came from the King for a sacrifice to appease “Lord” Tirek, who they believed to be a god for bringing calamity on their village for generations, the villagers coerced his parents into sacrificing him, due to them barely having the means to get by without the added burden of a child. The King offered a handsome sum to the parents- more than enough to survive on, if they went through with the task, and they did; convincing thew boy that there was no greater honor than to be sacrificed to appease the demands of the deities, though they were only interested in saving their own lives in the end.

On the night of the pink moon, before he was due to be sacrificed, Puremist made a wish on a moonbow to annihilate his entire race as retribution for their malice and selfishness. Tirek managed to overhear him and come to his aid, promising complete destruction upon formation of a pact that would would guarantee him power. In exchange for acquisition of the Moonbow/ rainbow of darkness, Tirek swore that he would have his wish fulfilled. Agitated and confused as to how he’d even manage to get the rainbow of darkness, he heatedly contested the terms of agreement. It was then that Tirek let him in on a secret that his race had not been made aware, that Queen Majesty the Unicorn of Dream Valley had most powerful spells at her disposal which were activated through song and that pony magic was what was needed in order to acquire the rainbow. Although Puremist believed Tirek was pulling his leg and just plain crazy, he sang anyway, providing a beautiful song that was laced with hatred and malice in every lyric. The moonbow reacted to the song’s magic and was guided into Tirek’s bag. With the deed done, Tirek fulfilled his end of the bargain and destroyed everyone- from King to commoner- in the village, while leaving him as the last of his race.

Do you guys have any theories of your own on how Tirek managed to get his hands on the Rainbow of Darkness?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Firehooves

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
Re: How did Tirek wind up with the Rainbow of Darkness? Theories
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 05:03:41 PM »
Personally, I think Tirek may have been tied to the Moochick, perhaps his apprentice. the Moochick had the rainbow of Light, I believe Tirek might have used his magic to create the rainbow of darkness as an inferior copy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 05:21:09 PM »
I think the Rainbow of Darkness was the heart of some fell beast that Tirek had magically dominated to do his own bidding.  At one point it was doing the "thump-thump" thing in its back, like a heart.

It's interesting that the Rainbow of Light only became super powerful after the Rainbow of Darkness tried to consume it.  I feel like the nature of the Rainbow of Light was that it was like a mirror . . . It would respond to force with equal opposite force.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 02:33:23 PM »
It's just the Dark Side of the Force for me. A dark power to balance out the light power.
Tirek just took it a little too literally.

And here's my headcanon: he just won that sack at a tombola and when he opened it he was like "oh crap!" :lol:

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 02:44:25 PM »
It's interesting that the Rainbow of Light only became super powerful after the Rainbow of Darkness tried to consume it.  I feel like the nature of the Rainbow of Light was that it was like a mirror . . . It would respond to force with equal opposite force.

As I recall, that wasn't a full Rainbow of Light when the Moochick gave it to them, it was a little piece of one.

With all the other Baddies Of the Week that the Little Ponies dealt with, I never wondered where he came from or the Rainbow of Darkness. Too young at the time and too lazy to ponder it later. :)

Now, however, I wonder if the RoD could have come from Rainbow Land before Rainbow Brite showed up and made it all colorful. Hydia, Reeka and Draggle would have had a field day there. Dark, dank and dreary.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 03:09:44 PM »
It's just the Dark Side of the Force for me. A dark power to balance out the light power.
Tirek just took it a little too literally.

And here's my headcanon: he just won that sack at a tombola and when he opened it he was like "oh crap!" :lol:

:snicker:  I like that.

I've never really thought about it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 03:13:18 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 04:34:10 PM »
I never really thought about it either. I just see Tirek as the ultimate evil being that has set his sights on the innocent (good) ponies and thinks nothing about capturing them, chaining them so they can’t escape from the Rainbow of Darkness etc...

Now I wonder about the Stratadons. The ponies reconigze them immediately even though we’re supposed to believe this is the first raid that Tirek ordered to capture ponies.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 07:16:51 AM »
Obviously Tirek ate the Rainbow of Light and then when it came back out, it was evil because of Tirek's nature :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal