collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would it benefit Hasbro to go back in time with new MLP incarnations?  (Read 2128 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Would it benefit Hasbro to go back in time with new MLP incarnations?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 06:11:22 AM »
Meh.

To be honest, the original animated TV show wasn't high quality. So why bring a more than ever expensive lower quality medium back?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 05:00:56 PM »
I would love to see a new traditionally animated pony cartoon, preferably a G1 reboot. But that's just wishful thinking. :(

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 09:26:02 PM »
I'm a Luddite when it comes to animation, sadly it seems 2D is largely dead. Only thing that would come close is the Tangled show and of course the newest MLP movie.

Yes, it might be a great boost for the brand. However only if it stayed away from the G4 art style. Keep it distinct or it would feel like a retread.

Will it happen? Nope too costly and too much of a gamble.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Dreamchaser

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 09:40:20 PM »
I would like to see the original ponies make an appearance, even if they were just featured as a separate part of Equestria, or whatever they decide to call the new land.
All those throwing shade at Megan and Molly, I think the reason they put humans in the show was to make kids feel like they were a part of Ponyland. Like it was a magical place you could visit. But I agree with some of that thinking.
I can't stand the equestria girls though. Just weird. Like Hasbro was trying to get an edge on the Monster High dolls or something?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2018, 10:09:40 PM »
Megan actually is a background character / easter egg in Equestria Girls.  :P  I don't like EQG either (I don't get what's appealing about ponies going to high school OR being, essentially, humans), but if Megan had to show up somewhere that seems like the perfect place.

I think showing G1 ponies in MLP FIM could be interesting, but I'd rather they be ponies who never got any screentime in G1. No to Wind Whistler, yes to Night Glider.  No to Firefly, yes to Sugarberry.  The ponies who were in the specials, MLP & Friends, and MLP Tales already had their day in the sun.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 08:02:43 AM »
I'm a Luddite when it comes to animation, sadly it seems 2D is largely dead. Only thing that would come close is the Tangled show and of course the newest MLP movie.

Yes, it might be a great boost for the brand. However only if it stayed away from the G4 art style. Keep it distinct or it would feel like a retread.

What's a Luddite?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 08:29:10 AM »

What's a Luddite?

Luddite is derived from "Luddites" in the 1800's. The Luddites were a radical group comprised of weavers and textile workers that objected to the use of mechanical devices- they felt machinery were threatening their job security. Nowadays, the moniker has been used to describe someone with a basic prejudice against machinery, technological advances and/or automation, but it may be for different reasons aside from the human element being replaced by automatons.

Ha! After looking it up, the history is rather fascinating.

Though, I hope that cell animation is a craft that can make a comeback aside from Disney reviving it for a selling point for their films.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal