collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check - My Little Pony Cassette Player and G3 Prototypes  (Read 750 times)

Offline Foxbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Updating this thread to ask about more price checks since I don't want to make a new thread and spam the Corral.  :biggrin:

I have an original G1 cassette player from the 80s in working condition, and I haven't seen one of these hit eBay in forever. Any ideas on a price? The only major flaw is that the internal battery compartment has a small chunk missing. This does not impact the cassette player's functionality and doesn't show when the battery cover is closed.

I also have 4 nifty looking G3 prototype ponies (called test shots in the injection mold industry) from my time in Asia. They have mold-marks, no hair holes punched, and no detailing or paint. I saw a G2 prototype head supposedly go for about 50 dollars a while ago, but I can't verify that beyond that a person's selling website claimed it sold. Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance for your advice!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 09:01:04 AM by Foxbite »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 I can\'t believe my eyes!

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Price Check - Loyal Subjects & G1 Dolly Mix
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 10:09:30 AM »
Probably not much.  The price for TLS have started coming down quite a bit.  The market has become quite flooded.  TLS blind boxes have been clearanced. $3.99 at Gamestop, and spotted at Michaels/TJ max and Home Goods for $3.99.  If your looking to make any profit or a good sum it would have to rare chase figures.  All the commons are not worth much more than 3-4$ and you would have a hard time selling them.  Even new blind boxes aren't going for much since the # of Commons vs Rares are quite large.  I've opened 3 full cases and got nothing but commons.  Common lots on ebay aren't even selling.  Good luck.

Offline Foxbite

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 08:39:03 AM »
Ok thank you for the advice. I'll toss the remaining 11 in my time capsule closet and revisit it in a few years lol.
The dolly mix ponies are selling like hotcakes on eBay for me, so I guess I'm pricing them too low but whatever, clearing up space for new and exciting obsessions!

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »
Personally, I'd open them. You never know you could get a chase figure. Because of the high price point initially on each box (before they were discounted), I'd say down the road they won't sell any better sealed verses open. As Kiwichi said, the number of commons vs rares is quite a large gap.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 12:28:37 PM »
Ok thank you for the advice. I'll toss the remaining 11 in my time capsule closet and revisit it in a few years lol.
The dolly mix ponies are selling like hotcakes on eBay for me, so I guess I'm pricing them too low but whatever, clearing up space for new and exciting obsessions!

I don't know what the going value for the dollymix currently is but because they were (I think) only available here, there's probably a market for them. Finding specific ponies was a pain when they were out and that was a long time ago. Good luck with your sales :)

As for the Loyal Subjects, I am not sure they have come out in all countries, so you might do better targeting overseas buyers. I know I haven't seen them, although I admit I haven't been looking very hard...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 04:30:08 PM »
i second that with the TLS's. i'm missing some but too afraid to buy them here in New Zealand, they are around $20NZD which is about $13-15USD. which is over priced if you get a double up.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 07:52:14 PM »
I remember the full retail price was $13.99 in Dec/Feb.  I couldnt & wouldn't buy at that price.  I bought some at $7.99 since it was 1/2 off in March.  I bought the majority at $3.99.  The loyal subjects website still wants 9.99$.  Since the chasers dropped to as low as $24.99(GID apple&minty) on evilbay, I just ended up purchasing there.  I have to say Glitter Minty(as low as $30-35) is gorgeous and Gusty(as low as $35-40).  The green on Gusty is just amazingly beautiful, somewhat like a lighter aqua green & not as green as pictured.  And I love my gid firefly($35).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 07:54:39 PM by Kiwichi »

Offline Foxbite

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 08:03:32 AM »
i second that with the TLS's. i'm missing some but too afraid to buy them here in New Zealand, they are around $20NZD which is about $13-15USD. which is over priced if you get a double up.

I would but shipping in general is very cost prohibitive these days with international shipping being even more so. On eBay people seem to blame sellers for the high price of shipping and expect them to ship for free or deduct the shipping from the item's price. It gets unpleasant trying to explain that I have no control over shipping prices, that I'm not gouging anyone, heck I don't even charge for packaging/handling.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 08:24:59 AM »

I would but shipping in general is very cost prohibitive these days with international shipping being even more so. On eBay people seem to blame sellers for the high price of shipping and expect them to ship for free or deduct the shipping from the item's price. It gets unpleasant trying to explain that I have no control over shipping prices, that I'm not gouging anyone, heck I don't even charge for packaging/handling.

Whining is annoying. My solution to that (shipping from the UK out) is to say in the description that I will refund shipping excess if it turrns out to be less. You'd be amazed at how many problems that prevents, because you have a receipt, you have an item with a shipping label and you have proof of the cost...and the buyer can't really complain about that.

But I think there are probably people here who you could talk to about shipping before a sale is even agreed. You'd be surprised how many of the regular international members here are so used to shipping from the US we actually know almost as much about their costs as people in the US do!

There are a few whining annoyances on ebay who give the rest of us a bad name. But most of us know the USPS rates and know it's not your fault. So maybe try to sell them here. If you don't have a US market, it surely makes sense to offer them to an overseas one here on the Arena, where you can make sure the people you are selling to are reputable overseas buyers who understand the USPS charges for what they are?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Foxbite

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 08:52:26 AM »
I guess you're right,  I could try selling here. I haven't been active in a long time and no one knows who I am though. :blush:

Offline Foxbite

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Price Check - My Little Pony Cassette Player and G3 Prototypes
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 08:25:07 PM »
Bump

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal