collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Third Wave of 35th Anniversary Ponies spotted in stores (Target)by Cloverofmist  (Read 34604 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Our only Target got rid of the retro endcap. I am very disappointed because I really want waves 2&3. Amazon doesn’t have them except from 3rd party scalpers and cannot find them anywhere else for decent/retail price online. Super bummed.

Don't panic yet- the Rainbows are just starting to stick on the shelves after selling out instantly-  and most Targets haven't even put out wave 3 yet at all.  I think as stock starts to stabilize we will see more and they will be easy to get on Amazon and other places- Target may even put them online to sell.

Already I have seen that the 5 pony Amazon set is back in stock (although these 5 doll sets always go on sale at some point so I would wait until the price falls):
https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Fun-Little-Retro-Rainbow/dp/B07DNW27YS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536599467&sr=8-1&keywords=retro+my+little+pony

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I did see this set but it says shipping is usually in 1-2 months. I would think that would mean not currently in stock? I heard a lot of people canceled their preorders for the singles because they kept pushing out the shipping date. Is that accurate?

How odd, when I click the link it says shipping in 1-2 weeks, there are reviews already so it seems they are finally shipping.  I cancelled my order for the 5 pony set, but got my pre-order of the Pretty Parlor last weekend (they came out the same time)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Found most of the Rainbows at TRU this morning... I decided instead of the odd-coloured Parasol (too light!), I would rather have a very nice Moonstone (as the old one I used to have had a bad neck seam rip and head/body mismatch) and a nearly perfect Starshine!  Moonstone's box is a little crushed on the back corner, but as she is going to be MIB display only, I don't care that much.  YAY!  Now if I magically somehow find Snuzzle I will have all of these ponies that I really actually want... unless that Pretty Parlour somehow makes it up to Canada.... :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
Congrats lovesbabysquirmy! :)

I found a full set of the unicorn and pegasus ponies at my Target today. :cheer: :cheer: The only Rainbow ponies left were Sunlight and Windy.

I surprised to see them as last week that Target had another full set of Rainbow ponies. Maybe it was the store lighting  but Firefly and Medley's symbols didn't seem as glittery as I expected.

My Moondancer's tail looks like there is another color mixed in besides the red. I don't mind as I think it looks nice but are all the Moondancers made this way?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Sigh. All these pics of these wave 3 ponies make me impatient for this set to get here. And I bet we really do have six months or so to wait, too, knowing our luck. But then we've been waiting since 1984. I just really want to go into a store and find some of these. I like the Rainbows ok, but if you gave me a choice between this set and the past 2, I'd probably pass on the first 2 waves, even though Windy is part of that set.

They look so pretty :'( Come to the UK quickly, pretty unicorn and pegasus poniessss...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I haven’t seen any yet either.  But I know I will be wanting two sets. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Congrats lovesbabysquirmy! :)

I found a full set of the unicorn and pegasus ponies at my Target today. :cheer: :cheer: The only Rainbow ponies left were Sunlight and Windy.

I surprised to see them as last week that Target had another full set of Rainbow ponies. Maybe it was the store lighting  but Firefly and Medley's symbols didn't seem as glittery as I expected.

My Moondancer's tail looks like there is another color mixed in besides the red. I don't mind as I think it looks nice but are all the Moondancers made this way?

Ponyfan

They're gorgeous! :drunk:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
So in love! Anyone attending PonyCon that could help me get them?

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Exciting, these look really good! Very curious to see comparison shots of these unboxed next to the originals.

Offline QuillHeart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
DPCI Numbers:

Glory - 086-00-2877
    Moondancer - 086-00-2879
    Sunbeam - 086-00-2878
    Twilight - 086-00-2876

Firefly - 086-00-2874
    Medley - 086-00-2875

Found them here: https://www.mlpmerch.com/2018/08/third-35th-anniversary-retro-ponies-set-on-target-website.html

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 09:05:16 AM

086002831 I've seen this number floating around on this thread. Went to search what it links back to, and wasn't able to find anything. Is this a master number? For the whole set do you think? That's what an earlier post said (I'm not able to find it to quote it for some reason) has anyone else had any luck?

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 09:07:27 AM

Powder1026:

Out of curiosity, what number showed up on your receipt for the uni/peg ponies? Was it 086002831?
Yup, and it showed up like that for the whole wave.
I figured it out, obviously. Anyone have any luck with this number?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:07:27 AM by QuillHeart »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
I didn't realize at first that the brushes are supposed to match the ponies tail ribbons.:) I think it's a nice extra touch. 

To those that neck gap and head alignment are important to both the Moondancer and Sunbeam I found had a neck gap and Firefly and Twilight's heads are look a little squished on their bodies but that might just be from pressure on the pony head from the box. I didn't even notice it on Twilight until after I got her home.

The number on my receipt is 086002831. It says MLP 2 @ $9.99

Ponyfan

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
DPCI Numbers:

Glory - 086-00-2877
    Moondancer - 086-00-2879
    Sunbeam - 086-00-2878
    Twilight - 086-00-2876

Firefly - 086-00-2874
    Medley - 086-00-2875
Thank you so much -- those numbers were so helpful! I searched the Target website and they're showing as in stock, but only at a Target just out of my usual range. I wonder if I should make a long trip or wait for the other Targets to get them stocked . . . Anyway, that's super exciting!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
The master number is coming up as out of stock at my target. Darn it. I wish it had numbers for each set rather than individual ponies or one catch-all.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
DPCI Numbers:

Glory - 086-00-2877
    Moondancer - 086-00-2879
    Sunbeam - 086-00-2878
    Twilight - 086-00-2876

Firefly - 086-00-2874
    Medley - 086-00-2875
Thank you so much -- those numbers were so helpful! I searched the Target website and they're showing as in stock, but only at a Target just out of my usual range. I wonder if I should make a long trip or wait for the other Targets to get them stocked . . . Anyway, that's super exciting!

You where able to see individual ponies in stock at a store through Target?  How did you do it?  Whenever I search using those individual codes it always comes up as out of stock in general.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
DPCI Numbers:

Glory - 086-00-2877
    Moondancer - 086-00-2879
    Sunbeam - 086-00-2878
    Twilight - 086-00-2876

Firefly - 086-00-2874
    Medley - 086-00-2875

You where able to see individual ponies in stock at a store through Target?  How did you do it?  Whenever I search using those individual codes it always comes up as out of stock in general.
Yes, I was able to, but the website was tricky. I was lucky because the site's cookies placed me in the wrong geographical location and set my store as the specific faraway Target that had the ponies, but I did try a search of all Targets after that and it just came up with "no results found." So for some reason it will only work if you are searching the specific store that has those ponies. :huh:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
My Target still had the same set of unicorns/pegaus ponies that was there last week. (The 2 I bought last week, Twilight and Moondancer were missing  They had the 4 remaining unicorn/pegasus ponies  2 Snuzzles, and 1 Minty today. One of the Snuzzles was in the 1st style Collector box but I think she might have been repackaged and returned. She had a large blue mark on her and her mane looked messy compared to the other Snuzzle on the shelf. There were also two Pretty Parlor sets.

I bought Sunbeam today. :) She has a couple of marks on her but she's still really pretty. The retro ponies were in the same spot they've been for the last few weeks but the proper shelf tag for them had the Pretty Parlor on it.

I'm wondering now if the Rainbow ponies will get restocked or if only the unicorn/Pegasus set will be restocked from now on?

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal