collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Third Wave of 35th Anniversary Ponies spotted in stores (Target)by Cloverofmist  (Read 34684 times)

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
Im most excited for Sunbeam. Never had her and nobody i was friends with did either so shes kinda new to me. i love her brightness. her and moondancer might be best friends because they are opposite themed!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
So, are the third wave scented as well?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
So, are the third wave scented as well?

I don't think so.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Fine by me if they aren't scented lol. I quizzed my mom on the Rainbow scents and she couldn't guess any of them.
Since I caved and bought some Rainbows I'll end up buying all six from this wave.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline billietallent

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Imma die surrounded by ponies, yarn, and buttons
    • View Profile
For Canadians:

It seems that the rainbows & collectors are only available in certain Toys R Us stores/online. If I try to click on the product pages for them (from Google), it overrides and takes me back to the main TRU page. I guess this means it's tracking my IP or something, and the ponies aren't available in my province (Saskatchewan). :/

So you're not able to order them from the website? I just checked and the listings are gone now, they were there this morning. This could mean they are temporarily sold out. I know from Monster High collecting that new things went in and out of stock when they were first released. I have not gotten a shipping notice yet so hopefully all is well. I'm going to try to check my store tomorrow too.

Apparently it's just a weird website glitch or maybe you're right and they're out of stock; my friend checked with her friend that is an employee at our store and she says they have them in stock, so yay! Time to make a trip to TRU! I was really annoyed at paying $20/pony at EB Games.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure only the Rainbow ponies are scented also. :) I hope I find the rest of the Rainbows and the unicorns and pegasi soon. One Target I checked on the weekend only had 4 Collector Ponies and the other had none at all.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
My area is notorious for scalpers of any toy brand gutting the isles at local Targets, so if there is a limit I'm all for it.  I'll keep an eye out, so far the rainbow ponies are just now being put out and the only two I've found is Starshine and Sky Dancer.

'Naturally when I don't have money to spend on ponies, being an adult sucks sometimes. >_<

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Powder1026

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Has anyone spotted them in So Cal yet??

I know I'm a noob and all here, but I have had great luck finding the collectors and the rainbow sets. I ended up with a few duplicates while trying to find "the right one" to keep as my MiB. I don't know if I'm allowed to offer, but if someone needs helping getting one and I have it maybe we can work something out? I'm not trying to scalp, just offering before I return the excess to the store.(Please don't ban me.:( I promise I'm not a scammer or a scalper. The posts on this board is how I was able to find them so I just want to give help back to the community.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 12:02:28 AM by Powder1026 »

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Has anyone called and gotten the employees to tell you which ones are in stock over the phone? Trying to think of how you formulate my question. "Is it the white Pegasus?"
I know I'm a noob and all here, but I have had great luck finding the collectors and the rainbow sets. I ended up with a few duplicates while trying to find "the right one" to keep as my MiB. I don't know if I'm allowed to offer, but if someone needs helping getting one and I have it maybe we can work something out? I'm not trying to scalp, just offering before I return the excess to the store.(Please don't ban me.:( I promise I'm not a scammer or a scalper. The posts on this board is how I was able to find them so I just want to give help back to the community.)
Some people have bad luck finding them, so it may be worth making a sales post to see if anyone is really looking for some.  :)

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook

Scalpers are people who buy with the sole purpose of reselling them at a higher price. That's clearly not you xD so don't worry. I am sure you will be able to find homes for your excess ponies, and if not, taking them back to the store means someone else will have a chance to spot them :) Good luck finding them all new homes!

I have sent a message to Basic Fun to ask them about wave 3 in the UK but given the unreliability of their answers about the UK release thus far...I am not holding out huge hopes. Still, I heaped a bunch of praise on them because I think the third wave looks amazing and I want to buy all of them...I will only be able to do that if they're available here, because the $ is so strong against the £ at the moment. If they're not coming here, I want to know in good time so that I can snag a Medley and a Glory at least from someone - and a Twilight or someone for my sister.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Tailrustedtealeaf:  I laughed when I read your post :lol:  I've had quite a few funny run-ins at Target re: rainbow ponies.  I hope it will go smoother for you.  I didn't call in but these are my in-store experiences :lookround:

I asked for the pink rainbow pony, the clerk gave me  "Windy", I told him no, that's purple I want the pink one (Parasol).  He took a closer look and was confused-_-

I asked if the rainbow ponies were in stock, the clerk insisted the original ponies were it, he even walked me our to the end cap and pointed at the sku.  Told me "these are the rainbow retro ponies" (different colored bodies & all together they are the colors of the rainbow...)  Lol-ru serious? I'm dumbfounded by the situation -_-

When I used the sku from the wave 3 sightings, they brought out a set of earth & rainbow ponies.  I showed the clerk the picture of Moondancer and asked if they had that specific pony back in the stockroom.  The clerk pulled out Sunlight and told me that's the pony I'm looking for.  I told the clerk no, the pony is white and it's a unicorn, reiterated it has a horn... the clerk was dumbfounded than laughed very loudly that he didn't notice the horn -_-

Lol. I began thinking... a lot of ppl don't know a unicorn from a pegasus.  I just say the pony with the horn or pony with wings.  I'd jus simplify it Tailrustedleaf.  First give dcpi, then describe visually and than give the name of the pony last (less confusion.. what? What's the name? Huh?? -lol).  White pony(unicorn) with rainbow hair.
 Reiterate it has a horn. This kind of symbol. Name is this.

You might get lucky & talk to someone really smart and not have any issues with the call :cool:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 10:16:04 AM by Kiwichi »

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
I did speak with someone in the toy department when I was just asking if they were in stock, and asked "are they in the Pony aisle, or on the retro endcap?" and they said the endcap. That guy knows whats up.
Kiwichi your post is so frustrating! Sunlight and Moondancer aren't even the same color...
Maybe the name on the front? Would they recognize that?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
What I want to know is in stores where there is a limit, is there a sign stating that limit?  If not, I think you can argue that they don't have a posted limit and therefore you do not have to abide by it.

No.  There was no sign.  Employee just told me the system said "limit 2 per household" after scanning the 3rd pony (I wanted to buy the set-6).  I didnt ask to see the screen or anything.  They were closing in 10 mins, and I still needed to run to the store next door, so I just obliged.

But I believe this is a store to store issue.  My friend in the same state went to her local Target and purchased 4 rainbow ponies in 1 transaction and there was no limit!  So, I think it was just my T store :mad:  The "Limit x ponies per household" issue varies store to store, from the sounds of it only a few stores have the limit and majority of T stores do not have a limit.

Offline toyjunky

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile

Not in So Cal yet that I have found, but then again I can't be everywhere, that's a LOT of Targets.....lol  :lol:
If you do find them though, be sure to post. I need one of those suspect pin boards with the yarn going from all the different Targets.

In regards to your extras, I agree with tailrustedtealeaf about the sales post. You might also want to mention that you have some in the other 35th thread as there are many people who have had no luck so far in finding them.

tailrustedtealeaf -
From my general experience in asking questions over the phone looking for other things, I can relate with Kiwichi's experience stories. People are clueless (and if any of you reading this are one of those employees who is great just know it isn't you) and often it leads to frustration. The only times I have had success is when they call directly from store to store (never done this for ponies though).

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:41:23 PM by toyjunky »

Offline Powder1026

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
HOLY CRAP!!!! I got 5/6 of the 3rd wave!!!!! I live in San Diego, but got them at the Target in the Grossmont Center store (for those who are in the area). Th only one that I didn't get was Sunbeam, had she been there though... lol. They must have just brought out the case or something because all the boxes are mint except for Glory (just a small ding on a corner).  HAPPY TUESDAY! :D

I'll look up the other 35th post to see if I can find some homes for the other ones. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal