collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Third Wave of 35th Anniversary Ponies spotted in stores (Target)by Cloverofmist  (Read 34632 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Somebody found this new code but brickseek isn’t showing anything in my area.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=086-00-2879
Also coming up as nothing in my area. Perhaps the unicorns being put out early was a fluke?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
But the rainbow brush makes me a mite wary about whether this one has shot out of production a little faster than she should. Maybe they will all have rainbow brushes though. Hard to know at this point...

The Unicorn & Pegasus assortment was displayed with rainbow-stickered brushes at Toy Fair, so it seems like that's how they're meant to be. Not sure why, but maybe it's somehow cheaper to produce 2X brushes with a sticker than 1X with and 1X without?

Somebody found this new code but brickseek isn’t showing anything in my area.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=086-00-2879

So are the Collector and Rainbow ponies getting shunted into the "Master" DCPI, and each uni/peg is getting its own individual DCPI? :blink:

For any interested parties, the rest of the numbers are:
086-00-2874 - Firefly
086-00-2875 - Medley
086-00-2876 - Twilight
086-00-2877 - Glory
086-00-2878 - Sunbeam

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
But the rainbow brush makes me a mite wary about whether this one has shot out of production a little faster than she should. Maybe they will all have rainbow brushes though. Hard to know at this point...

The Unicorn & Pegasus assortment was displayed with rainbow-stickered brushes at Toy Fair, so it seems like that's how they're meant to be. Not sure why, but maybe it's somehow cheaper to produce 2X brushes with a sticker than 1X with and 1X without?

Ah, they were? Interesting. I was trying to see on the toy fair images but couldn't tell. In that case, I guess it's fine then. These are probably just early escapees but it looks like they;re going to be on shelves in the US in September for real...

And this makes me wonder. People in the other thread are talking about Rainbows and a later release date and being out of stock. I am wondering whether all the Rainbows have been sent out to Target (like I think Wardah originally suggested) and the delayed date is actually the release date for these - but Amazon don't yet have a distinction on their system to figure that out?

Otherwise it seems weird...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I checked two Targets today. One had no retro ponies at all but the other had 4 Collector Ponies and 1 Pretty Parlor set. When I scanned one of the collector ponies  to see if there was anything about a limit it just said "My Little Pony" without the character name and nothing showed up in the scanner I used mentioning a limit on them.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 12:12:44 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
These are probably just early escapees but it looks like they;re going to be on shelves in the US in September for real...

And this makes me wonder. People in the other thread are talking about Rainbows and a later release date and being out of stock. I am wondering whether all the Rainbows have been sent out to Target (like I think Wardah originally suggested) and the delayed date is actually the release date for these - but Amazon don't yet have a distinction on their system to figure that out?

Otherwise it seems weird...

I think there are two aspects at hand in regards to Target's inventory:
1)If the individual stores already have the orders in and have received the shipment.
2)The decision of the management team to put them out on the shelves.

I'm thinking it's a combination. As many of us have noted in the last month as we have checked our local Targets, many of them are still running a clearance section on those end caps, which means no reset of product. For those who reset the end caps (labels/prices), I also noticed a large delay in products being put onto the shelf. So far only ONE Target I have gone to across multiple cities has actually had the rainbows in stock. About half of them still did not have tags for them, and I have been to a LOT of Targets. Also, some places have (or are getting in the future) a "mini Target" which are smaller Targets with less inventory. These will not have them, so no point in looking. The reason I mentioned it is because the Target company plans to have 130 small-format stores nationwide by the end of 2019. If your Target only has about 3 aisles for toys it is more than likely a mini.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Took the trip to Target and decided to go to one the next town over as well.  Found four of the Rainbows at one and both had Collector Poses, but I'm still missing Cotton Candy, Moonstone, and Parasol.  For some reason, neither has ever had Cotton Candy when I've gone.   I had no trouble purchasing the other four Rainbows plus the Pretty Parlor at one go, so maybe the limit is only on the third wave. 

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
This is the one set I'll buy if I can every one of them. Because I clearly remember playing with these characters as a kid.

Now comes the waiting, my local stores were saying out of stock on Moondancer, I'll keep the tab open to keep checking back. ^.^ Don't know if any stores in my area have two only limits but I've only found two on the shelf. Couldn't buy them because I didn't have the money. Why does that always happen....least to me anyway?

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Blushingblue: thx so much for the dcpi post :heart:

Sadly BS says none uni/peg in my area *sigh*.  Other mlp members have stated their T store did not have a limit on ponies, one mem stated limit 4 and only I encountered limit 2 :huh:  Looks like it depends on your local T store policy.

Anyhow... I'm loving Moondance & twilight, can't wait to get them :heart: 

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 10:08:06 PM by Kiwichi »

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ooh, I love Moondancer--so pretty! That sucks about the limits! I have never encountered any limits. I checked four Targets and none have the set with Moondancer. When using the DCPI, they brought rainbows and collector ponies. I can check the 5th Target, but using those individual DCPIs on brickseek show no stock anywhere near me. One Target has four rainbows on the shelf as of yesterday. I left them there, as I have all the rainbows. I think they also had three Pretty Parlors. And one Target had one rainbow and a couple Pretty Parlors.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
I'll be so thrilled if I can see the unicorn and pegasi set on the shelves. I haven't seen the rainbow ponies either over here on the east coast yet -- just the Pretty Parlor (but that was pretty awesome in itself and gave me warm fuzzies).

Edit: And if Basic Fun ever makes the first baby ponies set, I'm dead. Just take my money now.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 02:44:03 PM by Haruna »

Offline billietallent

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Imma die surrounded by ponies, yarn, and buttons
    • View Profile
For Canadians:

It seems that the rainbows & collectors are only available in certain Toys R Us stores/online. If I try to click on the product pages for them (from Google), it overrides and takes me back to the main TRU page. I guess this means it's tracking my IP or something, and the ponies aren't available in my province (Saskatchewan). :/

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
I bought 4 rainbow ponies in one transaction and had no issue about a limit but I used self check out so I don't know if that makes a difference?? :huh:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline toyjunky

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
So are the Collector and Rainbow ponies getting shunted into the "Master" DCPI, and each uni/peg is getting its own individual DCPI? :blink:

I could be wrong, but I believe each set is only listed in Target's inventory under the master dcpi for that particular set/group. In other words, the six ponies all have the same number  in Target's inventory even though you can find individual numbers listed for them on Brickseek and on Target's website. If you play around with Brickseek (which I did and you can too) you will find that you can find a different code for each individual pony. Now, when you search for the individual pony they will all say "out of stock" (or this stays consistent at least for me). However, when you search with the master dcpi number for the whole set, it will then show you who has them "in stock". I will add though, that "in stock" may not mean on store shelves. I have been to a number of Targets that say "in stock" but no space yet on the shelves for them (which means they may have been in the back and I did not ask or maybe still on order?) I know this applies for the collector six and rainbows for sure.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:07:23 PM by toyjunky »

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
For Canadians:

It seems that the rainbows & collectors are only available in certain Toys R Us stores/online. If I try to click on the product pages for them (from Google), it overrides and takes me back to the main TRU page. I guess this means it's tracking my IP or something, and the ponies aren't available in my province (Saskatchewan). :/

So you're not able to order them from the website? I just checked and the listings are gone now, they were there this morning. This could mean they are temporarily sold out. I know from Monster High collecting that new things went in and out of stock when they were first released. I have not gotten a shipping notice yet so hopefully all is well. I'm going to try to check my store tomorrow too. 

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
What I want to know is in stores where there is a limit, is there a sign stating that limit?  If not, I think you can argue that they don't have a posted limit and therefore you do not have to abide by it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal