collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Third Wave of 35th Anniversary Ponies spotted in stores (Target)by Cloverofmist  (Read 34613 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Oh boy, I haven't even gone out to buy the Rainbow Ponies yet, these are coming out too fast!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Yes Toyjunky.  There were no retro ponies on the shelf.  So I asked employee to look up the dcpi (brickseeker said instock) and he said they did have some in the stockroom.  He didn't personally limit me and he attempted to ring all 6 rainbow ponies.  The system prompted him "limit 2 per household" and he he just followed protocol. I than asked if I could return tomorrow to buy 2 more (as the system limited), he was hesitant (as it did say per household) but said yes...

I hope it's not widespread to other Targets as well.  But I don't think Id want to risk checking out with more than 2 ponies and being told the same thing.  I asked my husband to go with me tomorrown we'll do 2 separate transactions (2 ponies each).  Please post if any of you run into this similar situation.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 09:19:36 PM by Kiwichi »

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
Oooh! She is so white!

I just ordered Windy and Starshine (I wanted Moonstone, but she was sold out). I’m really hoping this 3rd wave will make it to stores here *crossing fingers*.
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Well I'm going to try and go tomorrow.  It's an hour drive to my closest Target.  If they try to limit me to two, I'll just tell them they can either sell them to me now or I will buy them from Amazon and they'll lose the sale altogether and see how they like that.  I don't have to drive an hour to be told they don't want my money.

Offline vortex1310

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
I gotta say this is distressing. I had something similar happen.

I asked a Target employee to look up the number and he brought a case out from the back. When I selected 2 rainbow ponies then decided to get 2 more different ones, he said he could only sell me 2 before even ringing them up.

He didn't mention a system message he just said "to be fair to others and because it's part of the reset". Thankfully there was another employee that stated "They're not Funkos" and he begrudgingly relented.

I just don't think this is fair. Sure if someone wants to buy a whole case of the same item but they're all different styles. What if you have 3 kids that each want a pony?!

I can't say for sure but the employee was being really pushy about only letting us have 2 and it was before he started ringing them up. I really feel like if there was a system message that popped up when scanning all 4 he wouldn't have let us purchase them so maybe the register message is set by the individual store?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I wonder if they have been having a lot of people continually clearing out their entire stock to scalp on eBay. :/
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I wonder if they have been having a lot of people continually clearing out their entire stock to scalp on eBay. :/

I've been wondering this as well. Target has had some people complaining about how they handle limited edition Funkos lately. Some people claimed that they saw other people buying all of the limited edition Funko characters at once only to see Ebay listing hours later from their area of the same Funko character.

I wonder if Target has noticed a trend of people buying most if not all of the Rainbow ponies at once and felt that the limit would make it "more fair" for more people to have a chance to buy them. Don't get me wrong, if I could I would buy all 5 of the Rainbow ponies I'm missing at once (I only have Moonstone right now) .

If all the pony sets share the same DCPI number with the Collector Ponies then that might be another factor in Target limiting them because the system wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Cotton Candy and Moonstone so if someone happened to notice a larger number of retro ponies being bought each time that might be another reason for the limit.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
 :freak:

omg the rainbows aren't even here yet! Please everything come to Canada!

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
Come to europe please ;^;
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
@Shy Violet  The Rainbows are here in Canada now. They were at my local Toys R Us store and I saw them online at a Toys R Us this morning.

We should get the Unicorn and Pegasus ones when they get a full release (or within a month like the Rainbows). I’m curious to see if they start showing up now or closer to the fall. Until more than one person finds them I can’t help but wonder if it was a packing mistake.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Do you really think so Ladymoondancer?  Since the msg in system itself popped up... wouldnt think it's the store managers rule.  Or can they really setup their own system prompts like that???   :blink:

They often do that when high level scalper-scum start cleaning them out, they can't keep up with pre-orders and are getting complaints from angry customers.

I think I'll just order the box and get Sunlight and a second Starshine.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 08:57:48 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
On the positive if they are limiting it suggests they are selling. But there are a lot of scummy scalpers around sadly.

Though I have seen collector ponies on ebay uk at retail price which suggests that might be a business selling that way directly. ..
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Hold on, a repro Moondancer?! Fingers crossed she comes to the UK! If not, then I don't necessarily mind getting her from abroad, but I'd prefer the experience of getting a brand new G1 pony in a shop, seeing as I'm too young (by a hair) to have experienced that. It's a simple thing but I think it'd still be nice.
Thank you for sharing this, I would never have known otherwise! :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Hold on, a repro Moondancer?! Fingers crossed she comes to the UK! If not, then I don't necessarily mind getting her from abroad, but I'd prefer the experience of getting a brand new G1 pony in a shop, seeing as I'm too young (by a hair) to have experienced that. It's a simple thing but I think it'd still be nice.
Thank you for sharing this, I would never have known otherwise! :heart:

All this.

Although she didn't get sold in the UK originally. So you didn't miss anything really ;)

At this point even if it's just on Amazon, I will still be happy if I'm able to buy and open a Medley and a Glory from new.

I really hope they appear somewhere in greater quantities by November so I have a chance to get one for my sister for her birthday. But the rainbow brush makes me a mite wary about whether this one has shot out of production a little faster than she should. Maybe they will all have rainbow brushes though. Hard to know at this point...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Somebody found this new code but brickseek isn’t showing anything in my area.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=086-00-2879

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal