collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Third Wave of 35th Anniversary Ponies spotted in stores (Target)by Cloverofmist  (Read 34619 times)

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
I'm at target.  No uni/peg on the floor.  They cannot find it via dcpi they told me it's the earth ponies... >_< They scanned the earth pony aND showed me  matches the dcpi on the receipt pictured...

So I had them scan the upc sku from the photo posted.  Told me it's the earth ponies!  Lol.  Doesn't make sense  :blink: I told them no its different.  The #s under the sku is different. 

Ugh!  I was completely puzzled n confused and left T.  Enough for tonight.

I guess my question is does Target have the same sku for the unis peg as the earth ponies?  I asked 2 different employees to look up the sku.  Both directed me the earth ponies.  Told me that's the sku for those ponies...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 06:13:44 PM by Kiwichi »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I'm at target.  No uni/peg on the floor.  They cannot find it via dcpi they told me it's the earth ponies... >_< They scanned the earth pony aND showed me  matches the dcpi on the receipt pictured...

So I had them scan the upc sku from the photo posted.  Told me it's the earth ponies!  Lol.  Doesn't make sense  :blink: I told them no its different.  The #s under the sku is different. 

Ugh!  I was completely puzzled n confused and left T.  Enough for tonight.

I guess my question is does Target have the same sku for the unis peg as the earth ponies?  I asked 2 different employees to look up the sku.  Both directed me the earth ponies.  Told me that's the sku for those ponies...

Perhaps that one was a fluke?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
The receipt of the dcpi matches the tag on the shelf for the earth ponies.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Maybe they assign them all one number to make inventory easier?

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
I believe the peg & unis have the same sku as the earth ponies. 

I'm at target now. I had them scan the sku of the box pic posted.  Employee went to back room and brought me a set of earth ponies.  He said they have nothing else.  And said they probably share the same sku. -_-

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I think they either share a Dcpi or there are 1 unique dcpi per set plus 1 for all ponies.

Had same experience with employee pulling collector ponies. Advise calling Target ahead of time to ask about those SPECIFIC ponies.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Get this!  They had a full set of rainbow ponies. I told them I'll buy the set.  Upon ringing me up, the clerk said the system is limiting 2 ponies per household!!! :shocked:

WHAT!?!?

I conveyed again I wanted a set, they're all different.  They said "sorry, you can pick 2 and only buy 2...." :( 

*sigh*
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 07:18:23 PM by Kiwichi »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Is the "limit of 2" a thing at any other stores? I'm alright with making multiple trips, but it sucks for ponypals who have to travel long distances.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I think these are a couple of months early. I had assumed they might appear in the US for Christmas, so around Black Friday - but it's still August O.o.

That was my thought too, that we would see them show up in stores closer to the holiday season. Just when I thought it was safe to stop going to multiple Targets looking for ponies. That does explain something I saw a little while ago on the Basic Fun facebook page though.

Jennifer Rufo: Basic Fun Toys I was so happy to just get the Pretty Parlor and scented Rainbow Ponies at Target in the US this past week. When and where is this gorgeous Unicorn and Pegasus collection???! 🤗🤗🤗

Basic Fun Toys: They're hitting shelves now!! Keep an eye out!💖😍

Shana Schottenstein: Basic Fun Toys will these be at target too or other places?

Basic Fun Toys: Our pretty ponies will only be available in Target 💫

Courtney Gwen Jones: any chance of a release in australia? for any of the ponies?

Basic Fun Toys: Find us in Australia late Fall! 💫💖

Courtney Gwen Jones: Wait wait. My fall or US fall? Autumn is next year for me.

Basic Fun Toys: Courtney Gwen Jones US Fall!

There was also a UK question about the Pretty Parlor:

Anna Britton-Lewis: Any chance any of the 35th anniversary ponies will be in UK stores soon?

Basic Fun Toys: We're working on it!

Sophie Rolf: Is it going to be available in the UK?

Basic Fun Toys: The Pretty Parlor Playset is currently only sold in the US but we are working on making our way to the UK!

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
It must be new.  Bc when I bought the earth ponies set when they were 1st released there was no such limit!  There are obvious ways around it...u can have multiple ppl with u purchase 2 each,  Or do multiple transactions of 2 at self checkout, Or possible pay at a different cashier per 2, Or simply ask the cashier to do separate transaction (some employees won't care, the employee I met was strict but following policy of course!).  What's most important is to not trigger the system like I did unknowingly tonight
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 07:46:49 PM by Kiwichi »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
The limit is a store to store choice.  Will depend on the manager.

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Do you really think so Ladymoondancer?  Since the msg in system itself popped up... wouldnt think it's the store managers rule.  Or can they really setup their own system prompts like that???   :blink:

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Can't believe they're already out!

Thank you so much Hefty for the pictures, this is amazing.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
Do you really think so Ladymoondancer?  Since the msg in system itself popped up... wouldnt think it's the store managers rule.  Or can they really setup their own system prompts like that???   :blink:

Yeah, I think it's an individual store thing and that they can put limits like that into the store's inventory system.  (More efficient than running around telling every single employee "Okay, you can sell three of Item A per customer, 2 of Item B per customer,  5 of item C per customer" . . . I mean, how would they remember it all?)

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I know Target has made limits before with some other kinds of products, limited quantity items, or very popular toys for instance Hatchimals. Out of curiosity, did you have them search for them and bring them out from the back? I could possibly see them limiting the items if they came from the back storage area verses the sales floor. Let's hope this is an individual manager decision and not wider spread.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal