collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Third Wave of 35th Anniversary Ponies spotted in stores (Target)by Cloverofmist  (Read 34675 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
pony-magic. have you tried getting hold of mighty ape (they are are big supplier of pop culture and toys in NZ) or Harvey Wholesale's (a toy supplier in NZ) if they plan on getting them in.
i keep meaning to email mighty ape but keep forgetting.

A person emailed basic toys (or the company that actually makes the ponies), they said cotton on would be the sole supplier of the ponies in au, so chances are that no other stories here will stock them. We where all so surprised to learn the cotton on had exclusive rights to them

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
:sad:
thanks for the heads up hun. when was that do you know?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:27:51 PM by shabbychicdee »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
That sucks! If they’re the sole provider then they should sell the rest! Has anyone asked them if they plan to release the others?
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
what cotton on? no i haven't.

wanted list
for trade

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
That sucks! If they’re the sole provider then they should sell the rest! Has anyone asked them if they plan to release the others?

The way toy companies work is basic fun would only supply what the stores ask for, the stores dictate terms for the most part rather than the supplier (this isn't always accurate but for the sake of simplicity its easier to explain this way). This is reflected in Cotton on having an exclusive box with just 4 ponies, cotton on would have made in there agreement that they would be sole suppliers.
I would guess that since mlp is new to cotton on and they must slowly be expanding in to a toy range that they where quite conservative in the amounts they ordered in. They would have choosen the 4 they did rather than the 6 as they thought they would sell better. Asking cotton on to expand the range is the way to get what you want, also rally up lots of people to support this and all get them to email cotton on to get them to listen

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Emailed Cotton On and they aren’t going to be selling any other ponies other than the 4 rainbow ones they currently have. :(
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
aw thats a shame. really quick response though.

wanted list
for trade

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Emailed Cotton On and they aren’t going to be selling any other ponies other than the 4 rainbow ones they currently have. :(

But by asking them the question, you might have put a thought into their heads. It would probably not hurt if more of you guys from that region of the world contacted them with similar questions (not all on the same day of course, lol), as it might well make them think again.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
pony-magic. have you tried getting hold of mighty ape (they are are big supplier of pop culture and toys in NZ) or Harvey Wholesale's (a toy supplier in NZ) if they plan on getting them in.
i keep meaning to email mighty ape but keep forgetting.

A person emailed basic toys (or the company that actually makes the ponies), they said cotton on would be the sole supplier of the ponies in au, so chances are that no other stories here will stock them. We where all so surprised to learn the cotton on had exclusive rights to them

Well, at least for now- maybe that will change by later this year or next year- in the past places like ToysRus have had exclusive rights to certain lines- but then the ponies (or dolls) popped up in other places anyway-  I assume that exclusivity is not "forever" probably just for a limited time.  Maybe other retailers can jump in once the exclusivity period is over (it is never super long for toys- maybe till christmas)

I do think it is a good idea though to contact Cotton and tell them you want the OTHER ponies-   it also couldn't hurt to contact your other main retailers and ask for these products- 

I can tell you definitively that Companies put a lot of stock into this kind of feedback-  I had a case involving big box stores like Costco and Target (major retailers here) and I discovered that they both have a formula that they use for customer inquiries (and complaints)- like every 1 person complaining = 25 people probably had the same issue... (same probably works for asks)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal