collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is she worth anything?  (Read 968 times)

Offline soproxicaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
Is she worth anything?
« on: August 16, 2018, 10:57:18 PM »
I have this baby moondancer and shes pretty baity so i was going to customize her but am just checking if shes worth something and if i should just leave her. She has no tail too.  https://ibb.co/cPTmhe

Thanks! Soproxicaa xx

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Re: Is she worth anything?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 11:59:14 PM »
Is she nirvana/Euro? If not she's very common.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 12:57:00 AM »
Have a look under her feet: what does it say there?

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 05:37:25 AM »
She’s not so bad - someone could definitely restore her to her original white. You can soak ponies in peroxide to achieve this.

I wouldn’t customise her - she’s not super rare or expensive but she is a vintage toy and probably worth more to someone as she is than as a custom :)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 07:07:58 AM »
Does she have glitter on her symbol?

Even if she is the common US version you could easily restore her by sunfading her to her original white and giving her a good wash, conditioning and styling her mane. She doesn't look all too baity, just her body that's discolored. Plus her missing tail but you could find a replacement or position her so that you don't see it :)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline soproxicaa

• Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 10:47:57 AM »
Have a look under her feet: what does it say there?

1984 Hasbo Pat Pend Made in Hong Kong

Offline allymer

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • get cape, wear cape, fly
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj4NzFs6rYAhUCLFAKHRkWDhYQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yooying.com%2Fjonathanvk9930&usg=AOvVaw1VEWvdcAw59g5B1Zytl7Yj
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 12:18:44 PM »
I said only g1 without symbols/eyes n common should be consider for customs also I would prefer if someone would restore g1 and not customize them as they are vintage toys...though she is yours so you can do whatever you choose.
she looks happy just a little bit tlc and a new tail...but this is just my opinion.

check me out on instagram "jonathanvkmlp" come say hey :)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 02:43:03 AM »
Sometimes it takes years for me to find baits that are bad enough to make the exact custom I want because if they can be gently restored to display condition then I will do it. To some people that's still customising but I see it as a repair. I'd make a new tail but probably leave her horn as it is. I'm curious as to whether she has glitter as well :-)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 02:45:21 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline soproxicaa

• Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 06:41:57 PM »
Sometimes it takes years for me to find baits that are bad enough to make the exact custom I want because if they can be gently restored to display condition then I will do it. To some people that's still customising but I see it as a repair. I'd make a new tail but probably leave her horn as it is. I'm curious as to whether she has glitter as well :-)
Her symbols aren't glittery theyre just painted pink

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 06:46:22 PM »

Interesting! Doesn't sound like the US version, then. Looking at the Wiki, she looks pretty similar to the German one. I'm not super familiar with ponies released in other countries, for those who are, do German ones usually say Hong Kong on them? I agree with the people saying that she doesn't look custom worthy, she can definitely be restored, please don't customize a pony when she's capable of being restored!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 07:16:20 PM »
Do not customize her then! I'm no expert but I believe the US version has glittery symbols, but certain countries in Europe  had her without glitter, just paint. I think the version you have is rarer. There are far more knowledgable people on this subject though, I hope they come here with more info!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 01:40:12 AM »
Could also be the US version but all the glitter has worn off?  I've had Baby Moondancers with partial glitter loss and they have a dark pink / reddish paint underneath from what I remember.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline soproxicaa

• Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2018, 05:27:52 PM »

Interesting! Doesn't sound like the US version, then. Looking at the Wiki, she looks pretty similar to the German one. I'm not super familiar with ponies released in other countries, for those who are, do German ones usually say Hong Kong on them? I agree with the people saying that she doesn't look custom worthy, she can definitely be restored, please don't customize a pony when she's capable of being restored!

I did a bit more research and she looks like the german one, does anyone know what the hooves on german ponies say?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal