collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th anniv. Bubbles?  (Read 2206 times)

Offline ladyarcher726

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
35th anniv. Bubbles?
« on: August 16, 2018, 03:04:20 PM »
i would almost die for Bubbles to be released again, has anyone heard any rumblings that it may happen?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sale/trade ~ collection ~ wishlist ~ Feedback@Fiona\'s ~ persona
thank you Exodus3D pamphlet collection FSF accessories wanted!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: 35th anniv. Bubbles?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 04:35:54 PM »
I've heard nothing about it... but I would go bonkers for a new Bubbles and Seashell. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 04:53:48 PM »
So far, the only sets announced that haven't been out yet are the Unicorns and Pegasi from year 2. I'd love to see more ponies!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 05:05:48 PM »
Haven't heard a thing. But I would hafta get Bubbles and Bowtie if they did.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 05:24:00 PM »
I haven't heard anything about them . . . But it would make sense if the Year 2 "regular ponies" were the next to be released.  Year 2 was the peak of popularity for MLP and those are some of the most classic and well-known G1s.  Applejack and Bow Tie in particular are on tons of merchandise.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 05:33:33 PM »
I don't feel like it's much of a coincidence that we really only got a handful of sitting ponies from Hasbro, and they've never been re-released.  I'm guessing something about the mold, probably the little area in front of the back hooves, didn't prove to be super efficient and it was probably just easier to do the other molds.

Those sitting unicorn fakies weren't around very long either.

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 05:45:09 PM »
I have my doubts that will happen. Any new retro pony releases we are going to see are more than likely going to be in sets (except for a playset release like Peachy). Bubbles and Seashell were part of the year 2 Earth Ponies along with Applejack, Bow-Tie, Blossom and Cotton Candy. Since Blossom and Cotton Candy were just released with the collectors set, it is highly unlikely they would be included with any other set release.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bubbles and Seashell but a large factor I would say is that the mold was not used for any other ponies in the US. This would make it unappealing to a company to reproduce as it would be for such a limited use (2 ponies) compared to other pony molds. If you really start to think about it, the ponies they are producing right now are able to use the same molds:

Peachy is collector six
Moonstone/Windy/Twilight is Glory
Skydancer/Starshine/Medley is Firefly
Parasol and Windy are the same
Moondancer and Sunbeam are the same

If we were to get a set of Earth Ponies, I would bet on it being the second set in year 3 (Applejack, Bow-Tie, Cherries Jubilee, Lickety-Split, Posey and Tootsie). After all, Applejack and Bow-Tie (is this a good time to mention Sundance..cough...cough) already have molds made (Parasol), so it would just be making the other two poses.

....tries to imagine someone in their MLP retro department with a large tree map of mlp body types and lines going across to who had what and saying to their boss, "Well you see, if we make this set then we can make this one and this one and..."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 05:46:48 PM by toyjunky »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 05:57:41 PM »
I’d love to see a 35th anniversary Bubbles or Seashell but I agree with toyjunky that were more likely to see pony poses that can be used to make multiple ponies instead of just two. That being said I think Applejack and Bowtie are both good possibilites after the unicorns and pegasus ponies or the first set of baby ponies. I know it won’t happen but I’d love to see a blue Sprinkles since her prototype was blue.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 06:26:30 PM »
I’d love to see a 35th anniversary Bubbles or Seashell but I agree with toyjunky that were more likely to see pony poses that can be used to make multiple ponies instead of just two. That being said I think Applejack and Bowtie are both good possibilites after the unicorns and pegasus ponies or the first set of baby ponies. I know it won’t happen but I’d love to see a blue Sprinkles since her prototype was blue.

You know, you've just inspired me to find a baity, faded one and see what happens if I dye it! :D

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 06:52:21 PM »
We need to stop giving flutterscotch ideas...at this rate her home is going to become a frankenpony lab!

I don't really want Bubbles and Seashell that much. I mean if they happen I am not going to mind but I don't like the pose and never did. Y2 might also have been the biggest year in the US but in other places it was still getting going at that point. I think the y3 set is more globally iconic but I just want a Cherries Jubilee I guess.

Also more hopeful of y3 uni and peg set and year 3 rainbows but I suppose they could rerelease CC and Blossom alongside 4 new and then release a gift pack...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 08:12:25 PM »
We need to stop giving flutterscotch ideas...at this rate her home is going to become a frankenpony lab!

I don't really want Bubbles and Seashell that much. I mean if they happen I am not going to mind but I don't like the pose and never did. Y2 might also have been the biggest year in the US but in other places it was still getting going at that point. I think the y3 set is more globally iconic but I just want a Cherries Jubilee I guess.

Also more hopeful of y3 uni and peg set and year 3 rainbows but I suppose they could rerelease CC and Blossom alongside 4 new and then release a gift pack...

I dont really know what i want but off the top of my head, Id actually like to see them make all the g4 ponies into g1 ponies.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 08:17:00 PM »
I'd love to see baby ponies :heart: :heart:

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 03:17:14 AM »
I have my doubts that will happen. Any new retro pony releases we are going to see are more than likely going to be in sets (except for a playset release like Peachy). Bubbles and Seashell were part of the year 2 Earth Ponies along with Applejack, Bow-Tie, Blossom and Cotton Candy. Since Blossom and Cotton Candy were just released with the collectors set, it is highly unlikely they would be included with any other set release.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bubbles and Seashell but a large factor I would say is that the mold was not used for any other ponies in the US. This would make it unappealing to a company to reproduce as it would be for such a limited use (2 ponies) compared to other pony molds. If you really start to think about it, the ponies they are producing right now are able to use the same molds:

Peachy is collector six
Moonstone/Windy/Twilight is Glory
Skydancer/Starshine/Medley is Firefly
Parasol and Windy are the same
Moondancer and Sunbeam are the same

If we were to get a set of Earth Ponies, I would bet on it being the second set in year 3 (Applejack, Bow-Tie, Cherries Jubilee, Lickety-Split, Posey and Tootsie). After all, Applejack and Bow-Tie (is this a good time to mention Sundance..cough...cough) already have molds made (Parasol), so it would just be making the other two poses.

....tries to imagine someone in their MLP retro department with a large tree map of mlp body types and lines going across to who had what and saying to their boss, "Well you see, if we make this set then we can make this one and this one and..."

This sounds very likely. I would not mind Seashell or Bubbles either, but agreeing with toyjunky. Probably they go with the year three earth ponies instead in that case. And Applejack might be a good bet, as she is in the G4 line as well, and an well established character for the newer fans to go back to the G1 line.

But I wonder how long they will continue to rerelease ponies, until people are fed up? I mean, there are only so many collectors that will get them all, and if they keep rereleasing people will probably stop buying. At least from a collector point of view. ( I dont know how popular they are amoungst children, if they keep releasing them because of them)
I mean, many collectors buys whole sets at the beginning, but if releasing 10-15 sets with ponies that looks just like they did back then, most will probably end up just buying one or two they really like, instead of recollecting sets they might already have.

I would like if they did a little twist with them, like releasing Sprinkles in Blue, as her prototype, or do other small changes, like Medley in light green instead of dark, Blossom with white hair like her baby, and maybe Minty with a dark green hair like her clovers. At least for me that would be much more interesting to collect, then the same ponies that I already have, just in different boxes. :P  But on the other hand,some people want them to be as close as original they can, as that is what they remember from childhood ^^
(But imagine applejack with a green stripe in her mane.. ;) )
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 03:24:58 AM »
I want a purple walking pose Minty! The fact file must be obeyed! XD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2018, 03:46:13 AM »
I want a purple walking pose Minty! The fact file must be obeyed! XD

Haha, yeah, that is a really odd picture in there :lol:
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal