collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Woes  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Pony Woes
« on: August 16, 2018, 06:31:53 AM »
This is a thread to just vent about your pony woes! Could be anything- finding really bad tail rust, buying a pony that turned out to not be what you thought, collection feels too big, finnicky hair ponies, staining, etc. Literally anything! Just things that make you go "siiiigh" and you feel like just getting it out to people who "get it."

My biggest pony woe so far is my G2 Princess Golden Light. (This happened a couple months ago) I bought her with Clever Clover and they were in mint condition and I was SO excited to get them! Got them for a great price too, they were from France, I'd wanted them both for quite a while. Although their hair got a bit messed up in their package on the way here, so I went to brush it (very gently, might I add!) and immediately 20 plugs of hair just popped right off of Golden Light. Snapped off at the root, middle of the mane, 10 plugs off each side. The tinsel remained somehow, but all her actual hair came out, and now she has a gianormous bald spot. :sad: Not even sure how it really happened, my only guess is maybe being in a warm mailbox screwed her hair up or something, I have no idea.
I still really love her and she is gorgeous, I keep her positioned on the shelf so it's harder to see, but everytime I take her down I just kind of go ":( siigh"
I wish I could've asked the seller about it but it happened once she was already here so I figured there was nothing to be done.

What are some pony woes you've had/are having?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 11:03:20 AM by Esbayne »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Woes
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 06:39:12 AM »
omg... The worst one so far has been ink stains. They just won't come out, and I have NO patience for that. Someone else might, but I just DON'T. I pass them to someone else who WOULD have more patience than I.

An ink stain can come between me and my pony loves like that 3rd wheel there to usurp my relationship with my girlfriend that I still hang out with even though I know they are a dirty scoundrel.

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 06:57:10 AM »
So my local antique mall is where I find most of my ponies, right? And it's usually just this one particular booth that has them. But for whatever reason, the person who owns it likes to use ballpoint pen on sticky tags to price them. Now...this is bad enough because the pen seeps through to the pony beneath, but it's even worse because she always puts tape over the tag while the pen is still wet and it smears all over the pony D: A 30+ year old pony that could have been sold in near-mint condition if only pen wasn't used in such a manner!

I never leave ponies behind because of it (especially not G1s) because I'm patient enough to sunfade, but gosh...I really wish people would think about things like item condition before doing something like that.

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 07:04:21 AM »
So my local antique mall is where I find most of my ponies, right? And it's usually just this one particular booth that has them. But for whatever reason, the person who owns it likes to use ballpoint pen on sticky tags to price them. Now...this is bad enough because the pen seeps through to the pony beneath, but it's even worse because she always puts tape over the tag while the pen is still wet and it smears all over the pony D: A 30+ year old pony that could have been sold in near-mint condition if only pen wasn't used in such a manner!

I never leave ponies behind because of it (especially not G1s) because I'm patient enough to sunfade, but gosh...I really wish people would think about things like item condition before doing something like that.

Oof, that is awful! Have you mentioned that to the booth owner?

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 07:09:49 AM »
Hmm. Probably my Argie Whizzer. She had rust so bad that it left stains on the outside of her body. I paid $75 for her (this was several years ago - I've noticed the price of Argies has kinda gone a bit insane :P ) and I'm super glad to have her but those stains are just... ugh! I can't get rid of them and they're all over. At least she's bright enough to hide them well, but it's one of those things I'll never unsee every time I look at her :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 07:10:48 AM »
OMGS Esbayne! :O
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 07:35:53 AM »
I'm slowly cleaning two huge lots from my pony dealer and about half of them have rust. Not itty bitty spots on their tails, I'm talking full blown rust that is coming out of the mane. It takes so long to clean, and it is just gross.

I found three blocks of the PE at Goodwill recently but the roofs were painted gold for some reason? Like someone spray painted it. I left it but I feel bad, I wish I could have bought it.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline MerryAnvil

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 07:36:27 AM »
Oof, that is awful! Have you mentioned that to the booth owner?

The booth owner never seems to be there when I go, but I did leave a message with an employee. Maybe I could ask to leave an actual note for the owner and hope she doesn't take too much offense to my suggestion that she maybe use a hang tag instead >.<

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 07:52:54 AM »
I absorbed ponies too quickly and now I have a huge box of ponies to clean that I can never get to.
I also really want to try some alt or yarn rehairs but none of my ponies have their hair cut enough to justify removing the rest.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 07:56:45 AM »
I love to buy, but I don't want to keep...

-___-

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 12:32:50 PM »
I have a group of 5-6 G3s with awful tail rust.  I have the bodies cleaned out, their tails are unclamped, but... I can't find the zipties and I keep forgetting to buy CLR!!!!! So these ponies have been hanging out in disassembled pieces in my bathroom for MONTHS.  ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH when will I get all the pony cleaning stuff together so I can actually CLEAN!  LOL
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 03:29:50 PM »
I was happy to find more ponies in the wild but man some of them have been soo filthy, like gray dishwater and mud filthy. thankfully all the ones I have found have cleaned up.  At least they are not asking outrageous prices for them.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 04:24:39 PM »
My pony woes are I don't get to do a lot of pony anymore because of work/life. So, I has neglected ponies, that is my pony woes.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 04:34:28 PM »
My childhood G1 Skydancer is slightly sticky and it's gotten on her tail.   :(
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 06:40:45 PM »
I think for me its when I overlook a brown age spot I didn't see before hand its like ugh. Mostly, I try to look past it if its only one but its a problem for me. I dont mind finding ponies to rehair like hair cuts and such. I guess it depends on what I find out in the wild.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal