collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My collection now (downsizing brag)  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
My collection now (downsizing brag)
« on: August 15, 2018, 07:35:00 PM »
I just finished re-aquiring some Funko ponies which I had sold a few years ago and had missed and very drastically downsized my brushable collection.
Here is my entire pony collection:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Little Pony Collection Aug. 2018 by Flitter337, on Flickr

I've been actively trying minimize and focus in many areas so it's an achievement to be able to fit all my pony collection on one shelf. It's also good to know that every pony I own is a favorite and I appreciate each one more now I think than when I had so many more.
I really enjoy seeing other's large collections but smaller seems better for me.  ^.^

(For background, here's an old post chronicalling my collection evolution over the past years
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,389079.msg1679174.html#msg1679174 )
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:36:59 PM by Flitter »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: My collection now (downsizing brag)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 07:43:42 PM »
It's so clean! Congrats on the re-acquisitions and downsize!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 08:20:00 PM »
Thanks! Dusting will be an absolute breeze now  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:29:00 PM by Flitter »

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 09:23:05 PM »
OOOOHHHH that Minty! Absolutely stunning! <3

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 12:39:56 AM »

True^.  Big collections are so pretty but the dusting....

Congratulations :)

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 04:54:24 AM »
A lovely little collection. I do so love the big funko ponies.

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 04:22:54 PM »
Congrats!! I have a large collection myself- but I so appreciate folks who have a finely tuned small collection. I wonder what Id keep if I were to downsize my collection to something like, 10 ponies.
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 05:23:13 PM »

True^.  Big collections are so pretty but the dusting....

Congratulations :)
Agreed!

Congrats on downsizing. I'm trying to do the same thing myself :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 10:46:04 PM »
Sometimes it can be good to focus on quality over quantity. I know that many ponies are in my herd just because they are set completers and not because I 100% love them.  Thanks for sharing :D

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 10:35:36 AM »
okamigirl64, I love her colors so much.  ^.^

Spinky69er, Dust was actually one of the signals that pushed me to downsize. I used to be very meticulous about not letting my ponies collect dust and noticed one day that all had a noticeable layer forming. I obviously wasn't giving them the same attention anymore.

CloudyGlow, the funkos are great. I was really apprehensive of re-buying but glad I did. I wish they hadn't stopped producing them. How I wish they would have made Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer....

Prince_Sunbeam, I saw your pony room pics! It's awesome! You do the wall racks for the G4s like I used to  :) It took a long time to figure out who I wanted to keep.

Sora. Thanks! Good luck downsizing your own collection.

kiwimlp, it's very easy to want them all. I definitely had to confront myself about my completest tendencies and re-frame my mindset several times over the past years. There is something very satisfying about completing a set though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:37:44 AM by Flitter »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 06:25:10 PM »
I looked at your old post and remember you sharing them as you added to you collection. Did you get rid of your bookcases also?

I also have been down sizing my collection also. They are just getting to be to me much for me! I have the ones that I am keeping in a big plastic tote in the closet right now.

I have my Breyer horse collection in the glass curios and the ones that are not in those curios are still NIB. I am trying to keep my collection simple! I think I have about 45 of them. I would have to count. There are a few that I would be willing to sell though. LOL

Less is more! :)

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2018, 10:25:37 PM »
achab1984, Oh, I remember you had started the "Show your collection" type threads before! I moved and no longer have the bookcases or space I did in those earlier photos. Those went away well before the collection itself, which was not ideal but how it needed to be. I do miss the brightness and open space the spare room provided but would not fill it in the same way now.
Good luck with your downsizing. Hopefully once your decisions are made you can free your mlp collection from the tote and display them.
I definitely feel that it's easier to appreciate what you have more with a smaller, curated collection and it feels better to have space for everything. It sounds like you're experiencing that with your Breyers.

I saw a post on reddit before, which I can't seem to relocate but it said something like "Empty tote boxes are like trophy's you receive for decluttering". The person had a bunch of them they were about to donate and clear a lot of space in their home because they no longer were storing so many items.
I've felt that way every time I emptied a box or a shelf and then realized I no longer even needed the storage furniture or container, like an accomplishment.

Offline chateaushelton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • When your 8yo discovered the magnetic hooves
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 02:02:28 PM »
I looked back at the pictures of the evolution of your collection. I think every phase looked great and was well displayed.

Keep only what makes you happy.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2018, 10:05:26 AM »
It's great to see how your collection is changing. Downsizing is so hard to do :D
~Foxtale~

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2018, 06:28:09 PM »
achab1984, Oh, I remember you had started the "Show your collection" type threads before! I moved and no longer have the bookcases or space I did in those earlier photos. Those went away well before the collection itself, which was not ideal but how it needed to be. I do miss the brightness and open space the spare room provided but would not fill it in the same way now.
Good luck with your downsizing. Hopefully once your decisions are made you can free your mlp collection from the tote and display them.
I definitely feel that it's easier to appreciate what you have more with a smaller, curated collection and it feels better to have space for everything. It sounds like you're experiencing that with your Breyers.

I saw a post on reddit before, which I can't seem to relocate but it said something like "Empty tote boxes are like trophy's you receive for decluttering". The person had a bunch of them they were about to donate and clear a lot of space in their home because they no longer were storing so many items.
I've felt that way every time I emptied a box or a shelf and then realized I no longer even needed the storage furniture or container, like an accomplishment.

Yes I did a few many of those threw the years! I have slowed down and don't need to have that big of a collection. But I did count the ponies today and I have 145! WOW! That sure is a lot though! Most of them are G1 ponies. I have some NIB G3 and two custom G4 ponies. But other then that I don't want any other generation or want anymore. I might go threw the ones that I still and list a few more for sale.  :) 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal