collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm considering quitting Paypal - advice? (update pg.3)  (Read 6275 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: I'm considering quitting Paypal - advice?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2018, 06:48:46 PM »
UPDATE:

I just received a notification from PayPal informing me that my account has been fully restored. Upon checking it there is a credit for the disputed amount from Paypal and no open cases. I also received a message apologizing for the inconvenience and acknowledging that the negative balance was covered by PayPal.
So it seems that PayPal is aware that their policies potentially violate Australian Law and are just relying on Australian citizens not being well informed of their rights...

I've got a lot to think about now, whether I trust PayPal enough to continue using them despite this resolution at last. I won't be using them to pay for services ever again, that's for sure. Thanks everyone for your support through this final chapter, I know it's been a conflicting mess.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 07:11:23 PM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I'm considering quitting Paypal - advice? (update pg.3)
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2018, 09:53:59 PM »
Glad you got a successful resolution.
I don't know if it's possible, but if you can maybe consider getting a credit card exclusively for online purchases / Paypal with a low balance limit.  That way you don't have to link directly to your bank account, and Credit Card companies tend to be much better customer advocates. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2018, 07:49:12 AM »
Well done Tulips! Congratulations on getting a positive resolution to your case :D Whatever you decide to do from now on, at least this issue is closed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2018, 08:59:56 AM »
UPDATE:

I just received a notification from PayPal informing me that my account has been fully restored. Upon checking it there is a credit for the disputed amount from Paypal and no open cases. I also received a message apologizing for the inconvenience and acknowledging that the negative balance was covered by PayPal.
So it seems that PayPal is aware that their policies potentially violate Australian Law and are just relying on Australian citizens not being well informed of their rights...

I've got a lot to think about now, whether I trust PayPal enough to continue using them despite this resolution at last. I won't be using them to pay for services ever again, that's for sure. Thanks everyone for your support through this final chapter, I know it's been a conflicting mess.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!  Yeah I figured that your comment I bolded was the likeliest scenario... :(  Good on you for FIGHTING for your refund!  Think of how many people just don't expend the energy over small amounts :( 

Paypal had similar issues with Canada that they since have resolved, and yes Baby Sugarberry is correct, most of the time you can pay with a credit card through Paypal and not use them directly but some sellers refuse to do anything but Paypal balance to their Paypal and don't accept the "credit card through Paypal as a vendor" because they incur higher fees. Which they are apparently within their rights to do so.

My DH ran into a nasty seller like that with LEGO... we had to call Paypal and set up a new account for DH since we had locked down our ability to create new PP accounts...  personally I still don't trust them so I haven't gone to the effort myself.  So in my case I COULD totally get back into the pony-buying game online, but it's just too expensive with customs fees.  Like I said, it's been 10 years since I used Ebay because of my techno-phobic paranoia LOL

*pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2018, 04:18:38 PM »
WOW! I don't care for pay pal one bit! But I use it cause its the only way people seem to pay for anything anymore.

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2018, 04:45:29 PM »
WOW! I don't care for pay pal one bit! But I use it cause its the only way people seem to pay for anything anymore.

yuh...

It's become a necessary evil in some cases, but I use it only to buy ponies and sell on eBay. I can't bring myself to use it in any other way.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal