collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My pretty pony markings???  (Read 451 times)

Offline soproxicaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
My pretty pony markings???
« on: August 15, 2018, 10:16:50 AM »
I got a my pretty pony (the brown and white one) about a month ago from a toy collector for only 5$?? So now i'm questioning if its fake.. I've never seen a my pretty pony fakie but it looks the same? Are there any markings/ writing thats supposed to be on one?

Thanks!! xx

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: My pretty pony markings???
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 10:32:04 AM »
MPPs are not the same as MLPs ;) They don't have any markings on their hooves, they are just hard plastic with hair. The brown ones can have some variations in paint. To my knowledge there are no MPP fakes, I've never seen or heard of one (I don't think it was big enough to consider cashing in on for other brands, plus there wasn't an obvious gimmicky gimmick like MLP with colors and symbols.) Unless there are noticeable differences from ones you have seen, I highly doubt it's a fake.

Here is the wiki page if you would like to take a look.

Congrats too, they are a bit hard to find and $5 is a steal!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline soproxicaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 10:40:51 AM »
MPPs are not the same as MLPs ;) They don't have any markings on their hooves, they are just hard plastic with hair. The brown ones can have some variations in paint. To my knowledge there are no MPP fakes, I've never seen or heard of one (I don't think it was big enough to consider cashing in on for other brands, plus there wasn't an obvious gimmicky gimmick like MLP with colors and symbols.) Unless there are noticeable differences from ones you have seen, I highly doubt it's a fake.

Here is the wiki page if you would like to take a look.

Congrats too, they are a bit hard to find and $5 is a steal!

Thanks Safflower! I was walking around a collcetors sale and saw it from across the room and just about screamed! I went to ask how much it was I was in disbelief when he said $5  :shocked: Im still in shock to this day

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 01:45:51 PM »
I've also never seen or heard of a MPP fakie.  They're just too honkin' big, and weren't great sellers back in the day.  Not worth bootlegging.  Nice find!
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal