collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Accessory price check please :)  (Read 442 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Accessory price check please :)
« on: August 12, 2018, 05:01:08 PM »
I'm uncertain as to what to price these accessories and whether I should sell them individually or in lots.

I have from the Dream Castle several of the more common accessories (hoops, chest, table, and horseshoe holder), only one shoe, 1 blue goblet, the crown, the damsel hat without ribbons, 1 very threadbare purple banner and the purple cape. Oh, and I forgot to add that I have several original stickers for the castle.  They are loose and rather delicate, not on a backing.

From the Show Stable I have two of the deep green window boxes and 2 of the green window shelves plus the weather vane with a broken bottom so it can't be used without gluing.

various baby items such as bottles, a rather tattered diaper box, some diapers, the blanket from the Baby buggy, the green frog from one of the baby costume sets, and the shower cap from similar set.  Should I bundle all the baby stuff together with the Lullaby Nurser I'm working on?  or would it be better to sell any of it separately?

I'd appreciate any advice!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:16:26 PM by Sunset »

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
Re: Accessory price check please :)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 12:31:44 PM »
Not sure about prices, but when I was buying accessories I preferred buying individual accessories. I usually disliked to get many doubles- and buying lots were usually annoying. But I was looking for special things, and I can imagine that it is not the quickest way to sell.
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 01:16:47 PM »
Yes, individual.  I need a blue castle goblet!  Not sure about pricing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 02:37:02 PM »
I need one purple banner and the cape for my dream castle set.

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 03:10:37 PM »
I recommend selling them individually unless you want to sell low and sell quick. Buying in lots works great when they are super cheap- selling that way is great if you want to get rid of a ton of stuff quickly, but it would be at a loss unless it's all something people want. You can always bet on a majority of collectors looking for specific parts. That doesn't mean they will sell soon- it may take some collectors a while to look for an item they need.

When it comes to pricing I would say max $5 USD per item, and the more "used" and incomplete it is shave off that much of a percentage. There is also the matter of the smaller or fragile or harder to maintain part the more it would be worth to complete the set.

If you're selling as parts or replacements because the item is broken (but you could still "make do" with it) I'd walk them at 50% to 75% less than what you would price a newer item depending on the damage and what it would take to make it usable.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal