collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Rainbow Ponies Hair & Size Question  (Read 1008 times)

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
35th Rainbow Ponies Hair & Size Question
« on: August 12, 2018, 04:02:28 PM »
Has anyone deboxed the entire set yet?

I know they are just starting to be found in stores but now I am curious of something. I unboxed my 35th Skydancer today and discovered that she has product in her forelock. I am wondering if they all do.

On a different observation, I thought she looks just a tiny bit smaller (not that obvious) than my G1 Skydancer. Does anyone have comparisons of the new rainbow ponies next to the G1 rainbows?

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Rainbow Ponies Hair & Size Question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 04:11:27 PM »
I have comparison pics of the new Moonstone with my childhood one but my Moonstone is still boxed and they’re not standing together on a table or shelf but I can post the pics if you’d like to see them. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 06:55:59 PM »
I've only unboxed my Peachy, but I believe that they all have some product in their forelock? It sounded like you could brush it out with little trouble.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 07:31:02 PM »
My 35th Moonstone had product in her forelock -- even the unicorns have forelocks! -- but thankfully it was easy to wash out without completely deboxing her. She's about the same size as one of my Moonstones and slightly larger, or at least wider, than another. The original Rainbow ponies have so many little variations among them that I think it's hard to say definitively that the 35th Anniversary editions are more/less of anything in comparison.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 07:31:31 PM »
I don't have pictures but I do have the video review I did of them. :)  I got all of them except Windy since someone beat me to her.  I unbox all of them and compare them to the vintage ones I had on hand.

https://youtu.be/PE6MpN3vqm4

And yes,  All of the Rainbow ponies have product in their hair for some reason.  Peachy does not.  You can see my Pretty Parlor review here.

https://youtu.be/uWDsp_A40vk

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 07:31:58 PM »
A couple of my 35th rainbow ponies had something stiff in their forelock, but it brushed out easily. I will have to compare them to the originals in storage to see about sizes.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 06:58:13 AM »
I've only deboxed two and they both had product in their forelocks.  It brushes out easily, though.  I didn't even wash their hair, just used the brush.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline toyjunky

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 11:48:42 AM »
I don't have pictures but I do have the video review I did of them. :)  I got all of them except Windy since someone beat me to her.  I unbox all of them and compare them to the vintage ones I had on hand.

Thanks for the link. I only have my childhood G1 Skydancer as far as rainbow ponies go so after I had compared the two it made me wonder about the others. So G1 Sunlight turns brown/tan/yellow with age or is that from sun exposure? I know some ponies can burn if they are sunfaded. Is that a common G1 white pony problem or is it only certain ponies who turn tan like that?

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 12:16:43 PM »

Thanks for the link. I only have my childhood G1 Skydancer as far as rainbow ponies go so after I had compared the two it made me wonder about the others. So G1 Sunlight turns brown/tan/yellow with age or is that from sun exposure? I know some ponies can burn if they are sunfaded. Is that a common G1 white pony problem or is it only certain ponies who turn tan like that?

Yes, some G1 can burn/tan due to sun exposure.  Some ponies are more prone than others.  Starshine is especially prone to it.  Other white ponies may turn a creamy color but not as badly brown as my Starshine.  Its why I think any white retro releases will be especially popular, imo.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 12:46:49 PM »
Yeah, it took me ages to find a Starshine (original) that had a pure white body.  And then . . . the one I found had a really wonky symbol.  Like, it was small and sort of asymmetrical.  I wonder if that Starshine was originally from a mail order offer.

SO happy with the retro!  Pure white!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 07:19:51 PM »
Yeah, it took me ages to find a Starshine (original) that had a pure white body.  And then . . . the one I found had a really wonky symbol.  Like, it was small and sort of asymmetrical.  I wonder if that Starshine was originally from a mail order offer.

SO happy with the retro!  Pure white!
  I know right! All my Starshine's have been yellowed or with messed up symbols too. Hooray for a pearly white one that smells like marshmallows!

Offline toyjunky

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 07:09:19 PM »
I finally took a few pictures of G1 Skydancer side by side with the 35th one and thought I'd share the pictures. Besides the color the other really big difference is the thickness of the birds in her symbol.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157328369@N02/44033679002/in/album-72157693455768971/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal