collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Grooming Parlour / Pretty Parlor NAME CARDS  (Read 7388 times)

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
Re: G1 Grooming Parlour / Pretty Parlor NAME CARDS
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2018, 03:26:42 AM »
Yes, THere WILL be scammers in the future. But with a repro mark that would be harder to do, wouldnt it?
Marking stuff as reproduction does not stop scammers.  Anyone with some time/skill/tech can get around watermarks with little-to-no fuss, and if anyone was actually trying to pass off their bootleg as the genuine deal, they would probably do so.

The only thing marking repo's does is (maybe) tell an uninformed buyer/seller that they have a reproduction on their hands, if they notice it.

Well, that is mostly what I want to do, tell uninformed buyers/sellers what they have in hand, and preserve that knowledge for the future.
I'm aware it is impossible to stop scammers, that was not my point either.

Of course not. Why make it uglier? You can make it prettier if you want, or just alike. Just be sure to mark it accordingly (if they can be confused with originals)if they would ever change hands. (Mark it on the back, if you dont want it visible when displaying)

Don't tell others what they should or shouldn't do with their own time / skills. :huh:

well, you obviosly can do whatever you like. It's just my, and obviously others, wish, that they cannot be mistaken to be real by others when/if changeing hands.
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2018, 07:23:39 AM »

Wow. I never said that YOU where lazy, just that it sounded lazy to not want to put repro or watermark on a thing,

Actually, yea it was in responds to what I was talking about, scamming existing. So you imply that people are lazy it was:
I'm sorry, but to me it just sound a little lazy to just say "meh, its already easy for people to scam if they want to, so I dont care if people will be scamming others with my repros".

I was the one who brought up the topic of scamming existing in that framework, which is what you were responding to. I don't think I ever said I don't care did I? There is a difference in being realistic and telling new collectors to be aware of the bear in the woods, there is another that you're suggesting, that we're pointing them in the direction of the bear and laughing at them when they get mauled.

just because you dont care what people do in 50 years.

ur, hold on a minute. Correct me if I'm wrong but you were the one who said
I'm not talking about 50 years down the road, but maybe 4-5 years. I dont even think ponycollecting will be a big thing in 50 years, so you probably dont need to worry ablut that.

If you believe pony collecting isn't even going to exist in 50 year...I mean, I'm not the one who said I didn't care. I'm the one who actually said 50 years seems more important than 5 years down the road.

but to the whole point if people just dont care enough on what happens to others, because it just dont bothers them.

But this is the MLP forum, not the carebear forum; the thing is, you need to tell me exactly how to make people care. I'm not sure I have that power.

Sure, you may be dead in 50 years, but does that mean that we should not care?

What is up with all this care comments. I never said I don't care, you must be confusing me with someone else or another thread, seriously.

I think we, as a comunity have the responsibility to preserve to pony history, if people will still be collecting in 50 years. So in that mean, yes, it IS lazy to not mark repros, just because you dont care what happens 50 years down the road. (and again, you said you would mark them, so not intended to you, but in general.)

You're telling the pony collecting community that they need to care more than they already care?  Yea, that's kind of insulting, just so you know. I don't think some of us can love ponies more, and implying people are lazy and they don't care when almost everyone in the thread is agreeing to the same thing. I don't get it, I'm not really arguing I'm still not getting where it is the we don't care is coming from? Seriously, did someone say they don't care in here? I mean, I defy anyone to say I don't care about MLP. But I also can't babysit every newbie that shows up. I may be old enough to be their mama, but I ain't nobodys mama.

I'm concerned about that people will not know the difference in the future, be it 5 or 50 years.

Then you need to stop being concerned, especially considering there are people who still can't even tell a real MLP from a fake one. So I think when you see something that isn't right point it out, but I think continuing to tell the actual people who do CARE to care more or they're lazy is kinda overkill IMO.

No you cant control every situation, but you can do what you can to prevent it from happen.

Police ponies unite??? In a world where scammers and people that don't know MLP, try to sell pretty parlor custom nametags as real...who can stop them...KarentheUnicorn and Leikin, Pony Police Patrol, pony crime fighting duo!!

And being realistic, yes, making repros that look exactly like the original WILL be mistaken as originals in the future. We can try to prevent that.

Pony 911...someone is selling a faky as a real MLP....duntdadaaa, Pony...Police...Patroooollllllll, arriving just in time to save the day.

Again, my concern is that people will unknowingly buy things they think are real, from anknowingly sellers, and somewhere along the line we will loose the grip on what is the real deal or not, if they are not properly marked.

Forgive them Celestial, they know not what they do.
Again, I think most of us agree with that so it's sorta like preaching to the choir.

And yes, most seem to agree that they should be marked, so I dont understand why some people feel the need to still argue about that I'm wrong, as most seem to agree that it should be marked? I really dont get that.

I think it's more that you're telling us over and over again might be the issue.

And if the thought that I may have called you lazy bothers you, maybe you should tone done your own sarcasm a bit, as it is never a good way of keeping a discussion friendly.

whaaaa? You must have me confused with the ponycollector crying on my keyboard and adel's song Hello is playing in the background.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 07:40:08 AM by KarentheUnicorn »
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline honeyblossom

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2019, 05:05:06 PM »
Can anyone make me some repo name cards please
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2019, 06:37:49 PM »
I could swear someone had already done this but probably wrong.

I didn’t know Snuzzle came with the Pretty Parlor too!

I have been wanting to do this and use cardstock. Especially, with the new PP that only has Peachy’s.

That accessory site is amazing!

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2019, 08:12:00 AM »
Yes, Snuzzle did :) but only in the UK and only for a very short amount of time, possibly as little as 6 months.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2019, 08:27:42 AM »
Yes, Snuzzle did :) but only in the UK and only for a very short amount of time, possibly as little as 6 months.

Was she advertised with it or just popped in the box like a replacement Peachy, hoping no one would notice? Does anyone have her still packaged or advertisements or just that people remember it?

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2019, 09:27:17 AM »
She is on the box. There are pics on my site.

Edit: Ok, now I'm on the PC I can add the link ;)

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/groomingparlour_snuzzle.htm

I think it was Shlugh who first donated those images, it was a long time ago. As Chrissytree said, it was a short run, probably to get rid of left over blue parlours and Snuzzles before the KC parlour appeared. It happened in 1987 and it came with the rarer tags including those with Mountain Boy names (and the infamous 'Storm' tag).

Snuzzle had a weird set of releases over here, though. Argos also had her in an offer with the baby bow tie stroller, so this is really just another in that line. I guess she was in place of Peachy, but they did it properly.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:10:27 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2019, 11:34:31 AM »
I got the set with Snuzzle when I was 7ish so that's how I knew :)

Offline honeyblossom

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2019, 03:34:40 PM »
That’s what I would like them for , the new pretty parlour . 😊

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2019, 11:07:59 PM »
It happened in 1987 and it came with the rarer tags including those with Mountain Boy names (and the infamous 'Storm' tag).

Tangent here -
I have never heard of Storm - is this a mystery, never-made pony? Was Storm supposed to be part of the set with Tornado etc? I wonder what Storm was to have looked like!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2019, 11:53:29 PM »
I believe Storm is Thundercloud. :)  It was an early name for him, but they changed it by the time he entered production.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2019, 12:37:39 AM »
Yes. Storm is thundercloud. He and Ice Crystal had different pre production names. The fact it appears on a tag suggests how early in 1987 Snuzzle's parlour must have been.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2019, 03:56:37 AM »
Thanks LM & Taffeta for the Storm name card / Thundercloud explanation!  :ohyeah:
I am not lucky enough to own Thundercloud so am not too familiar with his symbol.

I have had a play with alternative name cards.

They are not sized to fit the Parlour runway/catwalk/stage, I was thinking about making pretty tags out of them instead, or using them as the centre image of a satin rosette.

Just a bit of fun - enjoy!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 04:04:04 AM by glitterball »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal