Pony Talk > Off Topic

Anyone enjoy Genealogy?

(1/10) > >>

Loa:
Does anyone else love finding their ancestors?

On my maternal line I just found my 14th x Grandfather who was born in 1590. *faints*

Anyone else?

GazeboMouse:
That's pretty impressive. I've added to my family tree, got it to about the 1700s, but as my ancestors were all farm labouring peasants, records go a bit sparse after that! So am filling in gaps in info about grandparent's siblings, have found out the names of my grandparent's siblings who died in infancy which was nice to know. And to see Victorian census records and how my relatives met as they were obviously in neighbouring streets is also interesting. One day I'd like to visit some of the villages my GGG Grandparents lived.

BlackCurtains:
My great grandparents were Russian/Irish and German/Welsh. I've never gotten very far, just a few generations. I know that my greatx2 grandfather was the last old fashioned dog catcher in whatever town in Germany he lived, and he was killed by a milk truck.

Now, my other greatx2 grandfather was pretty interesting and I've always wanted to find out more. He was born in Vologda and worked as a boatsman (like the song!) until he moved to a station in Moscow where he worked as a soviet scientist. Eventually, he came to the US, lied about his name and where he from, and became a Freemason. Just... :blink:

Tracing him was hard due to his lies (he said he was from Poland). I have a bunch of his stuff from my mom, both USSR and Freemason stuff. Fascinating!

Mami Tomoe:
Its fun and weird to figure out that im related to someone one that was on the mayflower im working on figuring out my paternal grandfather side

lovesbabysquirmy:
Yep... I got as far back as the 1690's... then things get foggy because that area of Europe was continually rampaged and pillaged through wars. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version