Pony Talk > The Dollhouse

I miss Ever After High

(1/4) > >>

Flitter:
I miss the animation, the earlier release dolls, and the stories.
Suddenly I've been feeling a little bad that I gave up my entire collection years ago.
Does anyone else still have a collection?
I've been watching some of the old webisodes and watched Dragon Games. I still love the style and characters. EAH had so much potential. I wish the doll quality didn't go so downhill.
Are there any dolls you wish got made?
I think Sparrow really deserved a release.
Please share your thoughts on EAH and I'd love to see pics of dolls, too!

bright rabbit 1:
I still got the Dragon Games dolls on my shelf Holly, Darling, and Raven, along with Wonderland Lizzie Hearts, and date night Dexter (Raven is going to be customed from the two pack). Next to my TV I've got Epic Winter Blondie Locks (only one of the dolls from that line I like), Getting Fairest Maddie Hatter, and Wave 3 (I think) Kitty. Most of my others are in storage.

I brought doubles or more of the original dolls to use for customs, I should of kept buying the Dexter and Alustair dolls, because they're harder to get now.

I wish they made Sparrow Hood, and a few other male characters.

They really went downhill when the gave them either moulded on tights, or tops or in Daring's case painted trousers. Plus they got rid of the articulation. They were trying to make them like the Barbie Fashionista dolls.

tailrustedtealeaf:
I only have two dolls (First releases of Cerise and Maddie I think) but I LOVE the animation. I'm sad they fell out of making them. I'm not big on dolls but I found the story very cute and it was a nice de-stresser and something to look forward to on Netflix. I plan on selling my dolls to help with textbooks.
I didn't follow the doll releases at all after those two, but it's sad to hear that they really went downhill. They were so pretty when they came out, and it felt like a lot of care went into them. The character designs were so fun!

Ponyfan:
I still love Ever After High. :lovey: They had some great dolls and I loved how many new characters they had  I was more in to the dolls than the animation/book series but I do have Meeshell Mermaid's book.

I don't have picture of most of my Ever After High dolls but I have Signature Apple White, Briar Beauty, Rosebella Beauty, Duchesses Swan, Darling Charming, Ashlynn Ella and Hunter Hunstman, Cedar Wood, Justine Dancer and Meeshell Mermaid, I also have Crystal Winter from the Epic Winter line.

Ponyfan

Zapper:
As with G1 MH, I still have my EAHs  :) I always wanted Cerise's sister as Cerise Hood was the core of my collection. Also wished they would have released dolls of the parents.
Looking back, it was - like many Mattel doll lines - a great idea that had been handled based on assumptions of superiority. They thought EAH could become the next MH, not realizing why MH had become so popular to begin with (right time, right place, right demographic at the time).
Also not learning from their past mistakes about self-sabotage, they created a product inspired by Disney's own Once Upon A Time, that would also rival Disney Princess. Just like MH suddenly cannibalized Barbie.
Disney saw that, yanked the DP brand from them and made Descendants; and suddenly EAH had to undergo budget cuts and was surrounded by enemies.

But it was fun while it lasted. I hope Mattel can soon come up with another in-house story. Their Enchantimals are too kiddie for my elderly taste :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version