collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I miss Ever After High  (Read 3813 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I miss Ever After High
« on: August 10, 2018, 07:54:22 PM »
I miss the animation, the earlier release dolls, and the stories.
Suddenly I've been feeling a little bad that I gave up my entire collection years ago.
Does anyone else still have a collection?
I've been watching some of the old webisodes and watched Dragon Games. I still love the style and characters. EAH had so much potential. I wish the doll quality didn't go so downhill.
Are there any dolls you wish got made?
I think Sparrow really deserved a release.
Please share your thoughts on EAH and I'd love to see pics of dolls, too!

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I miss Ever After High
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 10:23:42 PM »
I still got the Dragon Games dolls on my shelf Holly, Darling, and Raven, along with Wonderland Lizzie Hearts, and date night Dexter (Raven is going to be customed from the two pack). Next to my TV I've got Epic Winter Blondie Locks (only one of the dolls from that line I like), Getting Fairest Maddie Hatter, and Wave 3 (I think) Kitty. Most of my others are in storage.

I brought doubles or more of the original dolls to use for customs, I should of kept buying the Dexter and Alustair dolls, because they're harder to get now.

I wish they made Sparrow Hood, and a few other male characters.

They really went downhill when the gave them either moulded on tights, or tops or in Daring's case painted trousers. Plus they got rid of the articulation. They were trying to make them like the Barbie Fashionista dolls.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 07:50:22 AM »
I only have two dolls (First releases of Cerise and Maddie I think) but I LOVE the animation. I'm sad they fell out of making them. I'm not big on dolls but I found the story very cute and it was a nice de-stresser and something to look forward to on Netflix. I plan on selling my dolls to help with textbooks.
I didn't follow the doll releases at all after those two, but it's sad to hear that they really went downhill. They were so pretty when they came out, and it felt like a lot of care went into them. The character designs were so fun!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 01:05:08 AM »
I still love Ever After High. :lovey: They had some great dolls and I loved how many new characters they had  I was more in to the dolls than the animation/book series but I do have Meeshell Mermaid's book.

I don't have picture of most of my Ever After High dolls but I have Signature Apple White, Briar Beauty, Rosebella Beauty, Duchesses Swan, Darling Charming, Ashlynn Ella and Hunter Hunstman, Cedar Wood, Justine Dancer and Meeshell Mermaid, I also have Crystal Winter from the Epic Winter line.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 01:35:24 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 04:34:07 AM »
As with G1 MH, I still have my EAHs  :) I always wanted Cerise's sister as Cerise Hood was the core of my collection. Also wished they would have released dolls of the parents.
Looking back, it was - like many Mattel doll lines - a great idea that had been handled based on assumptions of superiority. They thought EAH could become the next MH, not realizing why MH had become so popular to begin with (right time, right place, right demographic at the time).
Also not learning from their past mistakes about self-sabotage, they created a product inspired by Disney's own Once Upon A Time, that would also rival Disney Princess. Just like MH suddenly cannibalized Barbie.
Disney saw that, yanked the DP brand from them and made Descendants; and suddenly EAH had to undergo budget cuts and was surrounded by enemies.

But it was fun while it lasted. I hope Mattel can soon come up with another in-house story. Their Enchantimals are too kiddie for my elderly taste :P

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 06:40:54 AM »
I just remembered I have Holly and Poppy O Hair also. :) I saw EAH as different from Disney Princess dolls  since they usually used the original fariy tales as inspiration but I can see why Disney thought Mattel was trying to sabatoge Disney Princess.  To me the Descentdants have always felt like a cheaper version of EAH but it might be because I never liked their faces. The only Descendant I've thought about buying was Ursula's daughter to go with my Ariel/Little Mermaid collection.

I think another thing that caused Monster High and EAH to end was Mattel's insistence to keep releasing certain characters over and over. I tried to stick to a one doll per character rule with EAH but I think there were too many versions of Apple White, Raven Queen, Briar Beauty and Maddieline Hatter. I also felt the same about them new versions of the same Monster High characters.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 08:00:44 AM »
As with G1 MH, I still have my EAHs  :) I always wanted Cerise's sister as Cerise Hood was the core of my collection. Also wished they would have released dolls of the parents.
Looking back, it was - like many Mattel doll lines - a great idea that had been handled based on assumptions of superiority. They thought EAH could become the next MH, not realizing why MH had become so popular to begin with (right time, right place, right demographic at the time).
Also not learning from their past mistakes about self-sabotage, they created a product inspired by Disney's own Once Upon A Time, that would also rival Disney Princess. Just like MH suddenly cannibalized Barbie.
Disney saw that, yanked the DP brand from them and made Descendants; and suddenly EAH had to undergo budget cuts and was surrounded by enemies.

But it was fun while it lasted. I hope Mattel can soon come up with another in-house story. Their Enchantimals are too kiddie for my elderly taste :P

I agree Enchantimals is so kiddie to me as well.

It's hard trying to get hands on the male Ever After High dolls as people put them on bidding and the price goes up.

Disney was just being paranoid about Ever After High, these dolls were based on the original fairy tales and not the Disney Princesses.

I hope Mattel can get in touch with manga authors in Japan and do dolls based on popular Manga and Anime like Attack on Titan, One Piece, and so on aimed at the older doll collectors like myself and you. But have the dolls articulated rather than let the Fashionistas of Barbie.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 08:24:41 AM »
I only started collecting both EAH and MH less than a year ago, so I already missed my chance to get most of the EAH dolls new in stores, I'm mostly going to have to rely on thrifting and online to get them. I don't have many yet, just eight, here are my girls so far:

The only ones I was able to get new in stores were Melody Piper (got her at TRU), and Back to School Meeshell and Maddie (but those were Tuesday Morning so that hardly counts).

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 12:24:34 PM »

I don't find Enchantimals too kiddie (or maybe I just like kiddie stuff *shrug*) but they are starting to do the same thing they did to EAH where they release the same characters again and again.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 02:08:36 PM »
I have most of the signature dolls, up until the last wave or two, as well as the SDCC Cerise and Raven and the Raven and Apple Thronecoming dolls.  I stopped buying because the quality in the signature dolls went way downhill.  I love how the originals all (except Ashlynne, because it wasn't part of her design) had stockings! Seems like a weird detail to fixate on, but that's one of things that really impressed me.  I've been debating selling the ones I find less appealing...but not sure if I'm ready to let go yet.  I did enjoy the cartoon too!

Offline ballet_shoe

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 07:37:16 AM »
Can't believe I never had any of these dolls!!! I LOVE THEM!!!
Jodi
ballet_shoe
[email protected]

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 08:37:09 AM »

Your chance is now because they are starting to pop up on ebay for cheap when the boxed doll would have cost 35 bucks. They were expensive when they first came out.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 07:13:02 PM »
They really went downhill when the gave them either moulded on tights, or tops or in Daring's case painted trousers. Plus they got rid of the articulation.
This is where I really got disenchanted and stopped paying attention to them. So sad. Little things like Cedar's socks not matching her animation and Alistair's necklace not being included on his doll were the first to irritate me but molded on clothes I just couldn't.

I only have two dolls (First releases of Cerise and Maddie I think) but I LOVE the animation. [... ]The character designs were so fun!
  Do you have any fav. webisodes? I agree the character designs were awesome. I loved the girls' bouncy hair and the beautiful backgrounds, lol.

... I do have Meeshell Mermaid's book.
What did you think of the book? I stopped reading at Next Top Villain. When the book series changed from the Shannon Hale books to Suzanne Selfors I felt like they were too different but have wondered if any of the later Selfors books were interesting.
I too tried to stick to one doll per character for a time but I was still buying dolls for their outfits. It would have been cool if they would have done fashion packs.

re:Enchantimals, I just can't get into antros  :blush: but wouldn't I love for Mattel to come out with something else fun. I wonder if anything else could capture my heart like EAH. It'd be nice to have another playline doll to have interest in again.

Aw, they are so cute  :heart: Thanks for sharing your picture!

they release the same characters again and again.
Why do toy companies do this?! It's like a signal for the beginning of the end of a line or something.

I love how the originals all (except Ashlynne, because it wasn't part of her design) had stockings! Seems like a weird detail to fixate on, but that's one of things that really impressed me.
They had such great details on the beginning! I really liked jewelry and accessories, the rings, earrings, bracelets, etc. that all matched their theme. ^^

:lol:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 10:56:45 AM »
I have a few of these. My first was Apple and I don't even know why I bought her. I don't even like blond dolls normally but for some reason I just had to get her, so I did :/ She still is here in London with me actually. I also have one of the Kitty dolls here...

I don't have many EAH dolls. I think I have sig Cerise. I have a couple of other Apples as well.

The one I really wanted for ages was Justine but I swear she didn't make it onto shelves here at the same time as Meeshell *grr*. Meeshell was really common here but I never saw Justine.

I did eventually get one in an ebay auction from the US though. I sometimes see them at carboot sales but I am quite happy with the ones I have so mostly leave them for the kids.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 07:53:10 AM »
I hope to find some at carboot sales on holiday. Along with 200s Ken dolls with rooted hair. I had to use some of the male dolls that I wanted to customise into Fire Emblem characters for Attack on Titan characters. Need to get some more.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal