Pony Talk > Toy Box & Games Cupboard

Non MLP horses and dollhouse. So cute!

(1/4) > >>

Mana Minori:
I happened to come across some brushable horses at Target, today. (Breyers, I think?) They're cute, and their hair was really soft and silky. Anyway, they made me think of how Bonnie Zacherle said she originally wanted realistically colored ponies back when she was creating the ponies of g1, but Marketing decided against it, saying they wouldn't sell. I beg to differ, if these beautiful horses can have shelf space alongside MLP.
What do people think of these beautiful, brushable horses from the Spirit franchise?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Found some other cute horses

Also found a cute doll house at Goodwill that I wanted to display my ponies in, but I had no clue where I would put it.

Leave a Whisper:
No. Those are Just Plays. I have a handful of those, haven't seen the black one or the foal.

Just because a horse is brushable, does not make it a knock-off of MLP. Brushable horses have been around for decades. Its not some new thing. Some known brands are Grand Champions, Kid Kore, Fashion Star Fillies, Fantasy Fillies, Barbie Horses, She-Ra horses, Enchanted Kingdom, Sarah Bella, Stable Champions, Kid Connection, Breyer Dapples, Breyer Ponies and Breyer Pony Gals.

Ironically Breyers brushables are said to be freaking dreadful in terms of quality. I've heard horror stories of rubs, stripped paint, thin plastic and tails that fall out due to lack of tail clamps. I don't understand how such a stellar model horse company can't get there brushable horses right?

I wasn't impressed with Sarah Bella horses personally.

Used to have a couple Stable Champs.

Loved my She-Ra horses.

I have quite a few Grand Champions and Kid Connections. Great models and much better quality then Just Play.

Kid Kore is hit or miss.

Pity the mare and foal is a Feed and Nuzzle set. I'm not fond of sets like that. Though I've been known to make exceptions from time to time.

That white stripe is weird. But, I'll pick up the black, if it shows up at Wal-Mart and is a reasonable price. And here I thought Just Play was done making these.

Good find. Though keep in mind that the quality is all over the place.

Did they come with names?

Mana Minori:

--- Quote from: Leave a Whisper on August 10, 2018, 08:44:01 PM ---No. Those are Just Plays. I have a handful of those, haven't seen the black one or the foal.

Brushable horses have been around for decades. Its not some new thing. Some known brands are Grand Champions, Kid Kore, Fashion Star Fillies, Fantasy Fillies, Barbie Horses, She-Ra horses, Enchanted Kingdom, Sarah Bella, Kid Connection, Breyer Dapples, Breyer Ponies and Breyer Pony Gals.

Ironically Breyers brushables are said to be freaking dreadful in terms of quality. I've heard horror stories of rubs, stripped paint, thin plastic and tails that fall out due to lack of tail clamps. I don't understand how such a stellar model horse company can't get there brushable horses right?

I wasn't impressed with Sarah Bella horses personally.

Loved my She-Ra horses.

I have quite a few Grand Champions and Kid Connections. Great models and much better quality then Just Play.

Pity the mare and foal is a Feed and Nuzzle set. I can't stand sets like that. Though I've been known to make exceptions from time to time.

That white stripe is weird. But, I'll pick up the black, if it shows up at Wal-Mart and is a reasonable price. And here I thought Just Play was done making these.

Good find. Though keep in mind that the quality is all over the place.

Did they come with names?

--- End quote ---
hah. I know other brushables exist. I just happened to remember Zachele's original desire for normal colored horses when I found these.
I'm really not all that well versed in horse brands other than MLP

Leave a Whisper:
You going to grab any?

Mana Minori:

--- Quote from: Leave a Whisper on August 11, 2018, 07:40:14 AM ---You going to grab any?

--- End quote ---
I'd like to. The Spirit franchise horses are callig me. I think they would look nice amongst my Little ponies, and have some fun adventures together. But I really need to save my money....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version